My First Burro! - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #1

Trailer: Burro
Well I purchased a 13 foot Burro this weekend and it is a bit of a fix'er up. I'm not overly concerned with anything other than finding certain parts (such as a Burro spare tire cover). So if you guys have good websites and companies to help me refurbish my new camper let me know.

Thanks!!

Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrat's! Yeah! Enjoy, and please post pic's! Have a great time making it yours.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #3

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
Congratulations!

What kind of work does the trailer need? I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Congratulations Shane! The spare tire is one place a lot of members have chosen to personalize their trailers... make them one of a kind. Check out this topic for what I mean: Spare Tire Cover, Had to share this... Show me yours. But if you're interested in something more stock, you can contact these folks and see if they make it in the correct size for the spare and apply it to a blank spare tire cover: Burro Camper Decals

Now, how about pictures of your trailer
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #5

Here's an exterior picture of the 1983 Burro I got. The interior needs quite a bit of work, pretty much just starting over on the interior. And the exterior needs some work as the finish is a bit dull and there are a few spider cracks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0156.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	28786
Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #6

One of the first things I have been looking at is the "moonie" hubcaps. Now I know there are many more important things to be working on but one of the conditions of bringing this camper home was to make it as less of an eye sore for the neighborhood as possible. So I'm doing my research on bringing the gel coat back and looking for some hubcaps. However I'm struggling to know for sure which ones will fit my wheels.

Here is a picture of one of my wheels, if you look closely you can see the 3 nubs on the inside....

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel2.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	28788
Old 06-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #7

Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

[quote]One of the first things I have been looking at is the "moonie" hubcaps. Now I know there are many more important things to be working on but one of the conditions of bringing this camper home was to make it as less of an eye sore for the neighborhood as possible. So I'm doing my research on bringing the gel coat back and looking for some hubcaps. However I'm struggling to know for sure which ones will fit my wheels.

Here is a picture of one of my wheels, if you look closely you can see the 3 nubs on the inside....

Attachment 28788

Actually, if you look closer, there are 4 "nubbies"... Any tire store that sells "smoothie chrome wheels" for cars should be able to help you. The same small chrome moon hub caps for those wheels are the same. like these on my cars.. Larry
Attached Thumbnails
Copy_of_53Ford.JPG   65_El_Camino.jpg  

Old 06-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #8

Hmmm, unless I just don't know what I'm looking at I definitely only see (and feel) 3 nubs. The nubs I'm talking about are spaced in thirds.

Tags
burro