my friend ... my 1970 roamer rand vagabond - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2011, 03:29 PM   #1

Name: angie
Trailer: roamer rand vagabond
west midlands
Registry
my friend ... my 1970 roamer rand vagabond

hi all ... i have posted before , still looking for any one who might have seen a van like mine , a 1970 roamer rand vagabond , i cannot find another any where and i am very suprized as this van seems to be very robust , have just come back from a holiday where the rain poured and the wind was horrendous , and yet our little van kept us bone dry whilst more modern vans gave up and went home !! i have looked and looked on the net fot another roamer rand caravan .... and yet nothing !!! don't get me wrong , her canvas is fading .... but thats about it ... and she is 40 plus years ...there are pics on my profile ... please get in touch if you have one i would love to compare notes ... lol
sillylilly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hey Angie. I had never even heard of the Roamer Rand Vagabond until you became a member and posted. Doubtful it's a brand that's made its way to this continent. We have members in England, the Netherlands and Italy, etc. Perhaps one of them will post some helpful info. Good luck on the hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #3

Name: angie
Trailer: roamer rand vagabond
west midlands
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hey Angie. I had never even heard of the Roamer Rand Vagabond until you became a member and posted. Doubtful it's a brand that's made its way to this continent. We have members in England, the Netherlands and Italy, etc. Perhaps one of them will post some helpful info. Good luck on the hunt!
hi there , i remain hopeful that some one will get in touch , i am in the uk and this little van made it here all the way from south africa ... the company is still going , they apparently make bakkies , what ever they are lol ,
sillylilly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:41 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylilly59 View Post
hi there , i remain hopeful that some one will get in touch , i am in the uk and this little van made it here all the way from south africa ... the company is still going , they apparently make bakkies , what ever they are lol ,
Hi Angie;

I just googled "Bakkie" . I found this:

bakkie [ˈbʌkiː]
n (Engineering / Automotive Engineering) South African a small truck with an open body and low sides [from Afrikaans bak container]
bakkies - definition of bakkies by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

I think you have one of the most unique and greatest looking campers that I have come across. In the same league as the Willerby, the early small Biod's, etc.

I would love to see some more photo's of your rig, and camping shots in the English countryside, etc. if you ever feel like it.

But I think you may just have to conclude that you have a very rare and unique camper there, just like the Willerby.
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I did see an ad for one today online when I searched. It was in South Africa, dated last year, so there are others out there unless that one was yours.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote