My kind of youth hostel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #1

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
My kind of youth hostel

BaseCamp Bonn Young Hostel: Indoor Vintage Camper Park | HiConsumption

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Thats so neat, love it.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #3

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Very cool. My daughter is a double major in architecture/German. She plans on studying in Germany in the Summer, 2016. She loves restoration, tiny spaces, tiny houses, sustainability, etc. She has expressed an interest in working with vintage trailers. I think I know a place she needs to visit when in Germany!
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 04:16 PM   #4

Name: Marijke
Trailer: Biod X2
Alberta
Registry
My niece and her friends stayed there last spring. She loved it! Bonn is great place to visit. Until the wall came down, it was the capitol of Germany. Lots of cool architecture for her to enjoy, is using trains to get around DeanCHS1980? Maybe she can put Bamberg on the list, a very unique city. I wish her very happy travels!
marijke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #5

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
That's so cool. Dodn't someone else post something about this awhile back? Or maybe this is another indoor RV park type of place? It would be hard to decide which one to rent!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #6

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi marijke,

Can you believe if my daughter goes to Germany for the Summer, '16, it will be her second trip! She went for about 10 days for her high school senior trip. When she was younger, she asked us what language to study in high school. We told her to take Spanish and that it would be most useful to her. What did she do in high school? Four years of German. Then, goes off to college and picks up German as a 2nd major in addition to her architecture major. Now is looking forward to making a 2nd trip to Germany for 8 to 10 weeks next summer. As a result of her interest in German, we hosted a number of German high school students for 2 to 6 weeks at a time. Great experience. Don't ya love the impact of us telling her to take Spanish!!! Ahh, effective parenting!

I am sure she will bop around Germany. She has several friends there. I am also sure she would love to stay at this hostel. I want to go!!!

Take care,

Dean
Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 AM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
What a great idea! Would love to "caravan" around Germany. Of our many years living in Europe, a lot were spent in Germany (Heidelberg, Darmstadt). FGRV's would fit in there nicely. My brother lives in Stuttgart, might be time for a trip!
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #8

Name: Marijke
Trailer: Biod X2
Alberta
Registry
There might be companies who rent out caravans. Or buy one and bring it back? We are fortunate to have lived in such different countries ;-)
marijke is offline   Reply With Quote