My Most Favorite Campground Ever!!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19ft
Central Coast of Cal
Adrian,

Don't want to sound like I'm selling timeshares or something but Carp's always been our favorite. We're there for a week every month in the off season (forgot to mention, also, never on weekends). We live an hour north so it's close, the town's very cool, and the weather's awesome. Did I mention the views:
Attached Thumbnails
carp209 004a.jpg   carp209 006a.jpg  

Old 10-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #30

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1981 13' Burro project/ 2008 Chevy Colorado extended cab
Minnesota
Registry
We have a favorite campsite on a small river with a rapids 20' from the campsite an no we can not tell where it is. Our second favorite place is the Bay city Wi city campground. There are wonderful sunsets across the Mississippi river, and the bay has a pelican roost.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #31

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
I'm with Joy, can't pick a favorite most all of them have some redeeming qualities. However, if I thought for a bit I'm sure I could pick some of the worst ones...
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #32

Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico
Thumbs up

Now if I had to pick the best Camp Wally World, that would be easy:

Cody, WY in the 'Back Forty', West Side along the Green Strip with the nice wooden fence with a nice view of the Abasoraka Mountains.

At Cody, WY Wal-Mart 2009

Good for an OverNight.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #33

Name: Gail & Tom O
Trailer: Eggcamper 2010
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
Now if I had to pick the best Camp Wally World, that would be easy:

Cody, WY in the 'Back Forty', West Side along the Green Strip with the nice wooden fence with a nice view of the Abasoraka Mountains.

Good for an OverNight.

That is the best looking Walmart I have ever seen. We were there last June. We didn't overnight there though. I thought Cody was the neatest little town.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #34

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
It's hard to pick one. At this moment Rio Grand Village in Big Bend National Park comes to mind.
I noticed that many people like Oregon Parks. Little Crater Lake comes to mind, however, it's getting more and more crowded. Next is any the of Forest Service campgrounds around Camp Sherman.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #35

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
Smile favorite parks

I love the missouri state trout fishing parks and camp grounds...there are four within a 40 to 100 mile radius of my home.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:54 PM   #36

Trailer: Scamp
What’s with all the West Coast stuff. We got rights here in the Midwest. Love that Peninsula State Park in WI, too. But for my money, can’t beat Ludington State Park, MI. Gotsa lake, damn, river, beau ceau walking trails, Lake Michigan Beaches, Petoskey Stones, and critters galore. Try the first week of June and take a canoe. After that, better have reservations. Before this time, which we’ve done in a Scamp in late November, be careful of the deer outside your door and don’t leave any carrots you want to keep for your salad on the picnic table. Try the Old Hamlin restaurant in town for old world ambience and a hearty breakfast.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 AM   #37

Name: Edward
Trailer: 83 Burro
Michigan
Never Been to Ludington State Park Mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchhanlon View Post
What’s with all the West Coast stuff. We got rights here in the Midwest. Love that Peninsula State Park in WI, too. But for my money, can’t beat Ludington State Park, MI. Gotsa lake, damn, river, beau ceau walking trails, Lake Michigan Beaches, Petoskey Stones, and critters galore. Try the first week of June and take a canoe. After that, better have reservations. Before this time, which we’ve done in a Scamp in late November, be careful of the deer outside your door and don’t leave any carrots you want to keep for your salad on the picnic table. Try the Old Hamlin restaurant in town for old world ambience and a hearty breakfast.
We live in Traverse City Area, Mi. and have never been to Ludington State Park. We are maybe an hour and 15 minutes from there. We'll have to hook up the Burro and check it out. Funny how you can live in an area for 20 years and never realize what is at your own back door. Thanks for the Tip!