My new favorite cleaner - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 AM   #1
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Yesterday I saw my neighbor's pull back home from spending a week on the river. After they got their boat unhitched I walked over to visit. Sure as shootin', I whacked my shin on the ball receiver and got grease all over the shin of my favorite old pair of pants. DRAT! The wife then told me "liquid toilet bowl cleaner and an old toothbrush!" Home I went and tried it, what did I have to lose? My neighbor also said to immediately pour liquid detergent on the cleaner and wash. So I did... and it worked beautifully... no more greasy stain. And it was easy to do.

That got me to thinking of other stains. One of my white polo shirts has a coffee stain down the front. Hole in my lip! I've laundered that shirt a half dozen times, pour a quart of different cleaners on it and the stain was still there. Out came the toilet bowl cleaner and the toothbrush. A couple of minutes later the stain was gone!

Now, I may not want to use a toilet bowl cleaner on dark blue or black clothing, but if something has an icky old stain on it, I figure it's trashed anyway. So far, so good

Your mileage may vary.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Your mileage may vary.
Thanks Donna for the tip. I agree it can't hurt on something that I think is ruined anyway. I am gonna give it a try on some of the things I have piled up to make rags out of as I have that same hole in my lip . That and I am the worlds messiest cook so I have plenty of tee shirts that have spots on them. Plus I love the smell of Lysol toilet bowl cleaner (flippen weird I know) But!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote