My new life begins.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #21

Trailer: 2000 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette Deluxe / 1997 Toyota T-100
What a nice buy.
If you come to the north west you can find us with our 2000 scamp 16 on the rivers andlakes fishing.
That is if the weather changes it is snow hard outside now.
Dave and the grateful egg.
D Tharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:37 PM   #22

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Monica,

Congratulations on finding the perfect trailer for following your dreams out on the open road, exploring this beautiful country, meeting people and building lasting memories. Will you be keeping a blog of your travels for friends and family to know you're safe "out there"?

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 PM   #23

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Monica,

Congratulations on finding the perfect trailer for following your dreams out on the open road, exploring this beautiful country, meeting people and building lasting memories. Will you be keeping a blog of your travels for friends and family to know you're safe "out there"?

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!
I plan on doing a newsletter type thing for friends and family. Some of my family do not have computers (hicks.. ), so some will be via email and some snail mail. I may blog, not sure yet, if I do it will probably all be the same info. I will let you all know if I decide to.

I will ENJOY! Thanks!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:16 PM   #24

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Awesome. Congratulations on finding what you were looking for. Greg was also a big help when I went searching for my trailer. He is a very valuable asset here for that that are looking for a trailer.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 PM   #25

Gosh you all, I have sooooo much to learn!!! I have already spent about $2000 getting all sorts of necessities just to get on the road (break control, sway bar, etc.) that I had no idea about some of it. I am looking forward to it and will hopefully be able to take my time learning, you all will know when I am panicking though, believe me! I am definately going to be more educated in a year...LOL
Old 04-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #26

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Congrats Monica. Let me know how turning into a Texan goes. I was just looking at a couple of different options for fulltiming. South Dakota and Texas. I think with Escapess you get an actual address not a P.O. Box.

Good Luck to you and keep an eye out for "Puff" a little 13 footer. She's often on the move whether fulltiming or part-timing.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #27

Quote:
Congrats Monica. Let me know how turning into a Texan goes. I was just looking at a couple of different options for fulltiming. South Dakota and Texas. I think with Escapess you get an actual address not a P.O. Box.

Good Luck to you and keep an eye out for "Puff" a little 13 footer. She's often on the move whether fulltiming or part-timing.
Hopefully we will see each other out there, I have yet to name mine though, working on it. I am going to let her name herself...

I like Escapees, seems like a really good price and really good, dedicated service. Also no sales tax in TX, like that as I am leaving CA where taxes are very high! Come on girl...get on it...go full timing, I think we are going to love it!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #28

Quote:
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we want reports on how it is out there on the road. This is something we have thought about but might now have to as things are. Greg seems to specialize in getting people their eggs. He did the same for us and we have no regrets, and now we are looking at getting out second egg!!!!!!!!!!!!watch out you will find them addictive.

lets see the pictures and here about where you are hanging out, maybe we can get together.

Alexandra
Hey, what are you doing for the next couple of weeks? I will be dry camping (my first outing with my egg) in the Imperial Valley desert. It is free to camp there, but no hook ups. You seem close, but the notice may be a little short, sorry. Let me know, I will let you know how to get there! Would love to meet you!! I think you are only about 3 to 4 hours away!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Monica, a quick Heads up, I would start putting my name out there now. Cause owners already are looking for next years help. Of course there is always someone who's looking for someone right now or in your case when your ready to workcamp. But honestly it was always something I tried to have kinda put in place before the previous season ended. Thank goodness for the crazy people who jumped in and helped us out our first season when we bought our park opening week. And the ones who took the job when I kicked 3 of my workcampers out one night, long story but the quick version is- these two guys who had such a competition between eachother and it came to blows between them. Well, only days before I had told them to just ignore eachother, one come to me for direction the other going to my Dh. They didn't seem to like eachother and only when it became so uncomfortable that my guest started seeing it I finally said enough! Would have kept the wife of one, she was a doll and one of the best workers I ever had, but she was with him and he was gooooooone! I was done! Only left me with 2 in the height of the season, but some guest decided to stay and work for me for a month to get me thru the busiest part. They were gems! But for the most part I had workcampers who had contacted me the year before. So if you have any clue where you would like to spend time, I would start sending a resume now. Best of Luck! Enjoy!
Thanks Robin, I will keep this in mind, so much on my plate right now. I am just trying to get on the road, finally! By this time next year I should be looking...do you need me in a couple of years...LOL, would love to see you and I am dependable! Would be ashamed to let you down! We will be in touch, and thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #30

Quote:
37? WOW! Good for you and the best of luck! I am shaking my head in awe and jealousy! I am impressed! You are doing what I want to do in 4 years, 10 months, and 29 days!

You ever get to Wyoming, you can park in our driveway and recharge everything if you need.
I have always wanted to see and spend a bit of time in WY, right now I am determined to see all my siblings I have not seen in way too long (AL, NM, Northern CA) before summer is over. But next summer I want to see more of the country, I may just take you up on that offer, if you aren't out and about...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Awesome. Congratulations on finding what you were looking for. Greg was also a big help when I went searching for my trailer. He is a very valuable asset here for that that are looking for a trailer.
Greg is an extremely valuable asset here....I LOVE YOU GREG! I have a feeling a lot of us here are thankful for him!!! Keep it up Greg, you are truly appreciated!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #32

I am thinking of calling my new egg "The eggiest", but that might be a little too vane, hmmm, LOL

Or maybe "The Eggmeister", or "The Egg of the Egg Eggs"? Or....well, guess I should move into her first and let her name herself, unless one of these sounds good to all of you?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #33

Where in Nor. Cal.?? If you come this way let me know, I'm in Sonora.

As for those names you just threw out, I'd pick Eggmeister.

2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #34
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Since your new egg is a Scamp ... maybe it should be called a Scampled Egg.
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #35

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
How about "Huevo Casa"?
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #36

Quote:
Where in Nor. Cal.?? If you come this way let me know, I'm in Sonora.

As for those names you just threw out, I'd pick Eggmeister.
My brother lives in Humboldt County, in Arcada, are you close to there? Hehe on Eggmeister, I like it too...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Since your new egg is a Scamp ... maybe it should be called a Scampled Egg.
Crap! Another good one, this naming thing is going to be tough!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #38

Quote:
How about "Huevo Casa"?
Hmm, actually in Spanish/Mexican, you would flip the words around to "Casa Huevo", has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #39

Nope not near Arcata, that's up by Eureka. I'm coming home from the Oregon Gathering around July 23-24-25, somewhere in that time frame. I leave Bandon, Ore on the 21st and will most likely stop in Brookings for a couple of days. So I'll be along highway 1 which goes right by Arcata. Let me know if you are in that area around that time.

I'm just north of Yosemite in Sonora.

I still like Eggmeister.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 04-02-2009, 03:44 AM   #40

Trailer: 2000 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Hmm, actually in Spanish/Mexican, you would flip the words around to "Casa Huevo", has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
The second word of the "Casa Huevo" name for your Scamp has two meanings in Spanish-one literal and obvious, and another somewhat off-color. However, as a male, it does have a nice ring to it. So,If you don't use it I just might.
John Hussey is offline   Reply With Quote