My new life begins.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I am the very proud new owner of this Scamp...

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...c=34275&hl=

First a HUGE THANK YOU to Greg for his help with this purchase of my new baby!!

He was a HUGE part of my being able to FINALLY get my very own EGG!!

{{{{{BIG 'OL BEAR HUG}}} goes out to Greg from me! I hope to meet you one of these days and give you that hug for real!!

So, my story is this...

My job was getting old, I needed to get out of this state. I first was considering moving to Montana country, then another thought...(only six months ago)

I started doing research on many levels...what was my pension at this point (I am only 37 yrs old)? Can I do it? If I need work, what is there for a traveler? Can I afford the TV and a trailer? How much to live like that? Then I found the wonderful people here, I learned all about your awesome, light weight eggs, and I was getting excited. Really? This is really doable? More research, more reading of these forums, more questions...my future was about to change dramatically...

Feeling very, very confident, I gave my company notice and my last day of work was Jan. 30th of this year. Since then the full blown plans were in process.

Some friends were "warning" me, my older brother was asking a lot of questions with doubt in his voice...yet some that know me the best were right there with me...all the way. Yet, I do not think that any of them really believed me until the last couple of weeks, even after I had quit my job, they still talked as if I was going to be around here for Memorial Day...LOL

So here I am six months later after the first concept came to me that I needed a dramatic change of life and I do, whole heartedly, believe that this is the lifestyle for me. I am going full time, no homestead, for as many years as I care to do it, 10, 15, maybe for the rest of my life.

I really do need to say a big THANK YOU to all of you for helping me, answering my questions, posting so much good information here. You all have created another egger, and one that believes I have found the very best in travel trailers, and is honored to be amongst such a fantastic group of fellow eggers.

So...I am ready to announce to you all...

I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 2005 16' SCAMP!!!!!!!!

Oh, you are all not off the hook yet, you still need to be on "duty", because I am going to be inundating you with questions. I know I can find the answers here.

Thank you all again, and again a very special Thank You to Greg, I literally could not have done this without him...

Best regards and see you on the road real soon,

Monica
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Monica...WOW!!! You've actually "gone 'n done it"!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oooo-whooo - CONGRATULATIONS! Now, every new baby needs a name ... AND BABY PICTURES! We'll be L 'n D
Old 03-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Oooo-whooo - CONGRATULATIONS! Now, every new baby needs a name ... AND BABY PICTURES! We'll be L 'n D
Yep, she does need a name (she is a girl you know?). I will give her a name like I have given all my pets, she will earn it. So only time will tell, we still have to get to know each other. I pick her up on Tuesday and I am actually hitting the road Wednesday as my lease here is up, so I have to be out, but not soon enough for me!

Thank you, thank you!! It all feels very surreal!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
Congratulations, Monica! You are living my dream! Best of luck!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 AM   #6

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
CONGRATULATIONS!
Nice rig

Name:   3m73pd3l1ZZZZZZZZZ93p85f9704f0322150a.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  7.1 KB
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
nice rig congrats !!
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:48 AM   #8

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we want reports on how it is out there on the road. This is something we have thought about but might now have to as things are. Greg seems to specialize in getting people their eggs. He did the same for us and we have no regrets, and now we are looking at getting out second egg!!!!!!!!!!!!watch out you will find them addictive.

lets see the pictures and here about where you are hanging out, maybe we can get together.

Alexandra
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM   #9

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Congratulations! I can't wait to follow your progress. Keep posting.

We also love to look at the trailer finds that Greg posts. Thank you, Greg.

Maybe one day we will redo an older trailer. We have many ideas, but little time. We're still working on our newer Casita. For the time being I will just look at Greg's finds and dream of what we could do with them.

Bill&Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #10

Quote:
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we want reports on how it is out there on the road. This is something we have thought about but might now have to as things are. Greg seems to specialize in getting people their eggs. He did the same for us and we have no regrets, and now we are looking at getting out second egg!!!!!!!!!!!!watch out you will find them addictive.

lets see the pictures and here about where you are hanging out, maybe we can get together.

Alexandra
I will keep you all informed and I will get pictures to you by the end of next week. You bet that I will be here and posting! I need you all! I would love to meet you all! Yep, I am in heaven! Thank you everyone for your well wishes, I will keep you posted!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Monica, Congrats! Feels good Huh? Enjoy! Are you going to work on the road? Have you looked into workcamping? The right situation it can be fun. Yes Greg is wonderful with all his info, there were times I had to pm him during my search with a question and he was so helpful. Have a great time! Robin
Attached Images

Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Monica, Congrats! Feels good Huh? Enjoy! Are you going to work on the road? Have you looked into workcamping? The right situation it can be fun. Yes Greg is wonderful with all his info, there were times I had to pm him during my search with a question and he was so helpful. Have a great time! Robin
Hey Robin, thank you and yes, workcamping is definately on my agenda in the future, I figure I might be able to go at least a year without having to work though. Maybe the economy will be stronger then. I think I will enjoy it, meet new people, that kind of thing.

Oh, and I already have a bottle of champaign int the fridge, waiting until I get my camper out to the desert to share it with my guy friend, but the celebration is coming!!
Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #13

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Well, goody for you Monica. I'm very happy that you're chasing your dream and found the right coach. Good luck in your travels.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #14

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Escape B
Wow----Congratulations!!! Nice looking new trailer.....
We look forward to hearing interesting stories of your travels......
Doug & Anna-Marie P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
a scamp with a bathroom!!! and all that headroom!!! wow!!!
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Monica, a quick Heads up, I would start putting my name out there now. Cause owners already are looking for next years help. Of course there is always someone who's looking for someone right now or in your case when your ready to workcamp. But honestly it was always something I tried to have kinda put in place before the previous season ended. Thank goodness for the crazy people who jumped in and helped us out our first season when we bought our park opening week. And the ones who took the job when I kicked 3 of my workcampers out one night, long story but the quick version is- these two guys who had such a competition between eachother and it came to blows between them. Well, only days before I had told them to just ignore eachother, one come to me for direction the other going to my Dh. They didn't seem to like eachother and only when it became so uncomfortable that my guest started seeing it I finally said enough! Would have kept the wife of one, she was a doll and one of the best workers I ever had, but she was with him and he was gooooooone! I was done! Only left me with 2 in the height of the season, but some guest decided to stay and work for me for a month to get me thru the busiest part. They were gems! But for the most part I had workcampers who had contacted me the year before. So if you have any clue where you would like to spend time, I would start sending a resume now. Best of Luck! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #17

Trailer: 1978 Boler 1700
Monica, what are you using for a tow vehicle? And starting this young, you can be fulltime camping for another 40 or 50 years..... Congrats on taking the bull by the horns and just doing it.
Don N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Monica, what are you using for a tow vehicle? And starting this young, you can be fulltime camping for another 40 or 50 years..... Congrats on taking the bull by the horns and just doing it.
Yeah, I bought a 2001 Infinity QX4 yesterday, V6, 3.5L Nice ride, a meatier SUV, but not too bulky, I am enjoying it. Picked up the Scamp yesterday and towed it home no problem at all!!! I am loving my choices!!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 AM   #19

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983
AWESOME!!

Great news for you Monica! I hope you have fun starting the next chapter of your life. Happy journeys!
April Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #20

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
37? WOW! Good for you and the best of luck! I am shaking my head in awe and jealousy! I am impressed! You are doing what I want to do in 4 years, 10 months, and 29 days!

You ever get to Wyoming, you can park in our driveway and recharge everything if you need.
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote