My New Parkliner Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
My New Parkliner Camper

Hi All, I got my new Parkliner camper a few weeks ago and wanted to share the experience for those looking into this camper as an option. This is the first chance I have had to post because of travel/work. I ordered my Parkliner in February of this year and was given a pick-up date of April 18th. Communication was very good before I ordered the camper in the months of January and February, mostly with Cameron via email. Late March and the first of April phone calls and emails were not returned. My reason for contacting Parkliner was to make sure the camper would be available for pick-up on April 18th as promised. Finally (one week before pick-up date) I received an email response back stating my camper would be ready April 18th. Even though I was assured it would be ready the evening my wife and I were leaving to pick it up we received an email from Chandler stating it would not be available for pick-up. As I tried to re-schedule my trip communication with the factory was still basically nonexistent… until Tom Bass entered the picture. When Tom and I started communicating everything changed. Tom asked me when I needed to pick-up the camper and assured me it would be completed. Just as Tom promised the camper was completed. I have had it a couple of weeks now. It is wonderful! My wife and I love it. Chandler went over the camper in detail before turning it over to us. We used our iPhone and took videos during the overview process. The camper is very simple to use and built very well. I am expecting many years of enjoyment with this camper.

This website is great and the reason is so many good people respond to questions. As far as Parkliner is concerned I think Tom and Chandler make a great team. Tom was implementing many changes in the company utilizing his business skills and Chandler’s engineering and craftsman’s skills to make this business work. If you are considering this camper send tom an email tom@parkliner.com and work through him. I think you will find the experience a real pleasure and if you purchase a Parkliner I think you will find it an outstanding little camper. All the best - Kevin
Kevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Congrats! I wish you many happy adventures with your ParkLiner!

Ive had mine for almost a year and a half and love it! I get a lot of compliments from people and am always giving tours. I really like the design and hope they get all the bugs out...I guess I got lucky having the original axle they started using so don't have the wheel well problems....down the road when the axle starts to sag I will just replace it with an axle with a bit more lift...good enough for me and I offroad with mine constantly.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Greetings Kevin and congrats. And may you have many fun and memorable adventures in your little home on wheels.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #4

Name: D & K
Trailer: 2010 Casita Liberty
New Jersey
Congrats!! So exciting!
SecondEventuality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #5

Alabama
thanks everyone. Thom I saw a post of yours a while back recommending the Froli Sleep System. Thanks! I installed it in the Parkliner Queen bed. It's great!!
Kevin
Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #6

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Froli in your PL.... Awesome Kevin! The FSS is one of the best investments we've put into our RV'ing.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #7

New Jersey
Registry
Heh Kevin we don't believe ya without pictures lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #8

Alabama
Deryk, I'll post some when I get a chance. Pictures really helped me in my research before the purchase. I saw several from you and appreciate it-Kevin
Old 05-21-2014, 10:25 PM   #9

New Jersey
Registry
Cool, yeah we love pictures...and Thanks....

I have to post my new bed/couch and when I install my 100 watt solar panel next weekend...wish I had it for this weekend but its gonna take a few more hours then I had time for.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:15 AM   #10

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Congrats Kevin! Glad you joined the forum.

Tom is turning the company around. I email Tom & he always replies the same day. He is just the kind of person the company needs to move forward. They have plenty of challenges, but also some great ideas for the future.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #11

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats Kevin and welcome
Old 06-05-2014, 05:25 AM   #12

Name: John
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
thanks everyone. Thom I saw a post of yours a while back recommending the Froli Sleep System. Thanks! I installed it in the Parkliner Queen bed. It's great!!
Kevin

The Froli system looks interesting but what do you do with it when the interior is set up for dinner for four?
Justabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 AM   #13

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabob View Post
The Froli system looks interesting but what do you do with it when the interior is set up for dinner for four?
We think the bed works just fine as it is John, so no Froli system for us, at least right away!

I hope you're enjoying your new ParkLiner!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #14

New Jersey
Registry
I found the cushions too firm for my back so did this! Super comfortable futon!
Attached Thumbnails
Newest Couch3.jpg   Newest Couch!.jpg  

Newest Couch2.jpg  

Old 06-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #15

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I found the cushions too firm for my back so did this! Super comfortable futon!
I guess I don't get it Deryk. Where did you find a futon to fit in your ParkLiner, and what did you go through to adapt it?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 06-05-2014, 06:54 AM   #16

Alabama
John,
We decided that we would keep that area as a bed and eat at the side table. Works well for us but so far it has just been the wife and I. If we did decide that we were going to use that area as a table I would leave the system at home or move it to the bed of my pick-up truck to temporarily store it until I used it again. It all snaps together so it is not problem to move. We have camped several times now and the system has made our bed as comfortable as the bed we are sleeping in at home. Kevin
Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #17

New Jersey
Registry
Frank its a regular full sized futon that I bought(was about $300 but so much more comfortable then the existing cushions). I made a cover for it and picked up a 3/4" sheet of plywood cut it to the size of the table then lopped off 2 feet. I got a piece of foam off craigslist to make the 2 square cushions to get the wrap around couch look. I wanted to be able to have seating for a few people inside.

At night I move the throw pillows and the 2 side cushions and pull out the 2 foot piece of plywood and the board that ParkLiner included to get the queen sized bed width and just pull the futon forward it drops down into a bed. In the morning I slide it back pull the sheets off and put the cushions back in place and I have a comfortable couch. Best of both worlds and gives me about 2 more feet inside so it feels larger.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #18

Name: John
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevind View Post
John,
We decided that we would keep that area as a bed and eat at the side table. Works well for us but so far it has just been the wife and I. If we did decide that we were going to use that area as a table I would leave the system at home or move it to the bed of my pick-up truck to temporarily store it until I used it again. It all snaps together so it is not problem to move. We have camped several times now and the system has made our bed as comfortable as the bed we are sleeping in at home. Kevin

Got it and thanks
Justabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:56 PM   #19

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi John,
On the Froli ? everything Kevin said and...
I do know of one boater and also one egger that are using the froli in their rigs and have velcro'd the froli (very light...i.e. ounces) to the underside of the table(s) and also velcro'd part to the back side of the cushions that doubled as seat backs. The system is super easy to work with.

Thom

Tags
parkliner