My New/ Used Casita is no longer! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 / 1990 Chevy S10 PU
Posts: 22
Quote:
Oh Dear, me Sad!

Well, after being very excited about my New/Used Casita purchase, it appears that after agreeing a price, sending a deposit, and planning my road trip to pick it up next week, the current owner decided to have her son do a little work on it, relisted it for more money, and has just sent me an e-mail asking for more money, as she has had a better offer, now that it is cleaned up and had a few needed items repaired?

I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, and now she wants $2000 more for it!

She then proceeded to say, that she has sold it to a nice couple for much more money, and it was too bad that I did not want to pay the extra money, therefore I lose?

I have requested my deposit back, but I am figuring that I am most likely out my $200?

I don't understand how people can be so rude and cruel, after all conversations and correspondance appeared to be very upfront and pleasant?
They certainly were from my end!

So, my quest for another Egg continues. My only obstacle is price, and this was quite a good deal, as it did require some work to make her beautiful again.

If anyone knows of any Cheap and Cheerful Eggs for sale, (read, Fixer-upper) please feel free to let me know, lol!

Thanks to all for your kind words over the past week, it was really very much appreciated!

Cheers and a very Happy and Safe New Year to all.
Jake.
Classic Scam!!!!!
You need to contact the Carolina AG AT ONCE as this trailer has probably already been listed else. In the future only pay on line with PayPal. You will be insured and they will follow up a scam.
Eric
__________________

__________________
Eric Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, ...
Jake.
Jake, I work in the transportation business, but not small package deliveries. Check with the courier... they should have a delivery receipt and maybe a signed delivery receipt at that... follow up with the Attorney General in the seller's state to get your deposit back. There are laws that will protect you and future buyer's of this individual's trailers, etc. But first the AG needs to know it's happening. You may not be the first, but we'd all like to see you be the last to have this problem

Best of luck
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #31
Moderator
 
Gina D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Posts: 9,016
Registry
if you paid via paypal or with any credit card, you can do a chargeback. 99.9% of the time, they side with the buyer and will suck the money back out of her account without her being able to do a thing about it.

__________________
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Name: Jake
Trailer: Still looking
Ontario
Posts: 215
Quote:
Oh Dear, me Sad!

Well, after being very excited about my New/Used Casita purchase, it appears that after agreeing a price, sending a deposit, and planning my road trip to pick it up next week, the current owner decided to have her son do a little work on it, relisted it for more money, and has just sent me an e-mail asking for more money, as she has had a better offer, now that it is cleaned up and had a few needed items repaired?

I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, and now she wants $2000 more for it!

She then proceeded to say, that she has sold it to a nice couple for much more money, and it was too bad that I did not want to pay the extra money, therefore I lose?

I have requested my deposit back, but I am figuring that I am most likely out my $200?

I don't understand how people can be so rude and cruel, after all conversations and correspondance appeared to be very upfront and pleasant?
They certainly were from my end!

So, my quest for another Egg continues. My only obstacle is price, and this was quite a good deal, as it did require some work to make her beautiful again.

If anyone knows of any Cheap and Cheerful Eggs for sale, (read, Fixer-upper) please feel free to let me know, lol!

Thanks to all for your kind words over the past week, it was really very much appreciated!

Cheers and a very Happy and Safe New Year to all.
Jake.



Well Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am pleased and alot surprised to say, that a courier just came by, and Low and Behold!

A FedEx envelope, no note, or letter, just 4 somewhat used $50 bills!

Yup, my Deposit was returned to me, and way quicker than I expected, hoped for, or even expected at all!

SO, I believe that as 2 people mentioned to me, she was just a very unusual person????

Therefore, I am really pleased, and happy to put this post to bed, and look back on it........
No, no looking back, it's just done!

There is a wonderful New Year ahead of us, and new opportunities!

Thanks again to ALL, for your comments, suggestions and encouragement,
it really is wonderful group of Eggers here!

I'll keep looking, and get back to you!

Cheers, and a very Happy New Year to everyone!
Jake
__________________
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Al & Cindy K's Avatar
 
Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Posts: 403
Way to go Jake - Now who say's there ain't no Santa Claus? He's just running a bit late this year!
__________________
Al & Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Posts: 1,828
Excellent news Jake. I'm pleased that the NC Scammers don't appear to be back operational and she was just a goofy seller.

Happy New Year and you'll get one in 2010.
__________________
Owner:
Fiberglass-RV-4Sale.com
Scamp Owners International
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,816
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Way to go Jake - Now who say's there ain't no Santa Claus? He's just running a bit late this year!
Hi: Al & Cindy K... I think it was Groucho Marx who said " There ain't no Sanity Clause"
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Name: Jake
Trailer: Still looking
Ontario
Posts: 215
Hi everyone:

Thanks again, for the input, much appreciated!

Well, I was actually considering the used fixer-upper 84 Casita in Waco, and e-mailed the seller, but I was too late, it sold through Craigslist, before the e-bay listing ended?

My search continues, and it's kinda fun, and a real challenge!

I know there is an EGG whith my name on it, just around the corner, lol!

All the best everone, for a wonderful New Year!

Cheers, Jake.
__________________

__________________
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casita


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NO LONGER FOR SALE - 2007 17 ft. Casita Spirit Deluxe Terry R. Classified Archives 29 11-20-2008 09:21 AM
NO LONGER FOR SALE: 2005 17ft Casita Liberty Deluxe LSChilders Classified Archives 11 06-08-2008 06:11 PM
NO LONGER AVAILABLE - 1989 Casita FD-Yukon, OK Greg A Classified Archives 7 03-08-2008 11:49 PM
No Longer - Trade 17' Casita for 13' or 16' Casita, Scamp, pennyg Classified Archives 11 03-04-2007 09:38 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.