My unusual gem w/ photos - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to sherman
Hi,
I appreciate all the coments regarding my little Scamp (Deluxe).
Roger had suggested i submit some photos so here goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scamp_with_awning_1__Small_.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2310

The actual cabinet color is a little washed out because the sun was streaming in. If you look at the upper cabinet over the stove you will see the truer color. It is a rich darker color.

Name:	scamp_kitchen_1__Small_.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2305

Sherman M
Attached Thumbnails
scamp_kitchen_2__Small_.JPG   scamp_kitchen__Small_.JPG  

scamp_with_awning_2__Small_.JPG  
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
What a great little unit that is!!!

I am new to these little campers, too. I was able to bring mine home finally, to begin to spiff it up and to redecorate it. The seat covers are brown. I can't stand brown.... I must surround myself with color...

And since the cabinet doors in ours are only very cheap pressed fake wood... I feel very free to paint them, too!! YOUR cabinets look SO nice!! If I had nice wood on mine, I'd not dare paint them.
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Sherman,

Your ad from the Classifieds
Quote:
13ft 2,004 scamp . like new used only once, has roof air, no bathroom, located in carmichael ca, sacramento area, email scatpak@hotmail.com or call 916 944-1870 asking 6,900
A buyer needs to see what he's buying either visually or through your descriptions. Roof air and no bathroom could describe a teardrop. The original ad has no pictures. You don't mention that it is a deluxe Scamp. Scamp charges a premium for the wood interiors because its an upgrade that's both desirable and pricey for some. You don't mention that its a custom trailer. You do not have a standard floorplan. That might be appealing to some. People need to see what's nonstandard. It looks like you have a screen door, a 3 burner vs 2 burner cooktop, all upgrades that enhance the desirability of the trailer. The only person who would follow up on the scanty information provided is someone educated about mini fiberglass RVS who is searching and willing to chase you down to find out the particulars of the trailer.

The pictures are a great addition. Having enough photos to provide a 360 degree view of the interior would help. You also need photos of the dinette in dinette form and in sleeping form. It also helps to have a descriptive wording with the ad. The newness of the trailer is a selling factor. Pictures that show the shiny black frame or hitch area free from rust are appealing to buyers.

It would also help if the photos were there in the same posting area as the ad. When the photos are in one section, "General Chat" and the ad is in the "Classifieds" the shopper looking at the Classifieds is probably not going to know to search other forums for pictures. And if they should come across your pictures, they won't necessarily associate them with the sale ad they looked at previously.

Sherman, you just haven't done the greatest job of selling (describing in a seductive way) what you've got. Its a great trailer. In your ad provide more details about what makes it great trailer along with the pictures and you will be on your way to attracting the right buyer.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:41 AM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

psssttt.. Benita... Thats great info..

But....

Thats not Shermans Ad.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Oops! It appears that I was too hasty with the cut and paste effort.

My apologies, Sherman. I stand by what I said about needing photos and descriptions to sell the trailer. But as for the rest of my post? Well, I guess I'll go sit in the corner.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Sherman,
Thanks for posting those great pictures! Our units are VERY similar! It's a terrific set-up and yours is beautiful. I know you'll enjoy it

Any chance we'll get to see it and you at the SE Rally next month?
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:08 AM   #7

Name:	scamp_pantry.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	2323
Hi,
Not to confuse anyone, but my little egg is not for sale. I just wanted to share some photos of the galley area.
Benita, thanks for the great info regarding the selling of an egg. I enjoyed the "oops". If I ever do sell I have some good hints.
When I submitted the photos of the interior I didn't show the dinette area as the cushions are stored in the attic yet for the winter weather which and since left us. Besides we all know what that area looks like.
I did forget to enter a photo of the "pantry" which is opposite the sink so here it is. This photo shows the better the rich color of the wood cabinets. Kinda art deco look.
In the other photos, did you notice the sink faucet? When you turn the little black knob it turns on an electric motor that pumps water from the little water tank. Real neat but rather slow.
I hope you all enjoy my photos and ramblings.
Sherman M.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp_kitchen_1__Small_.JPG  
Old 04-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #8

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Those cupboard fronts are really beautiful, Sherman. You do have a gem there. With the Scamp factory burning down, I think yours may become especially collectible. They may not opt to do the same thing again.

Keep the pictures coming! I love 'em!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:27 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Those cupboard fronts are really beautiful, Sherman. You do have a gem there. With the Scamp factory burning down, I think yours may become especially collectible. They may not opt to do the same thing again.

Keep the pictures coming! I love 'em!
Fortunately the custom shop was off site from the factory. It's getting the molds for the fiberglass that's the hold up to the build.

I have a deluxe and am struggling with TOO MUCH BROWN. Beige rat fur, brown carpet, patina maple cabinets. It didn't bother me too much the first couple of years, but now...let there be color! I think I'm going to look for wallpaper and wallpaper the insets on the cupboard doors...if, I can find wallpaper I like.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #10

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
What a beautiful trailer, and I love the counter space. Hope you have many happy camping days.

Benita, your post should be pinned at the top of the classified as instructions on how to market your trailer.

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:53 AM   #11

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Quote:
Fortunately the custom shop was off site from the factory. It's getting the molds for the fiberglass that's the hold up to the build.

I have a deluxe and am struggling with TOO MUCH BROWN. Beige rat fur, brown carpet, patina maple cabinets. It didn't bother me too much the first couple of years, but now...let there be color! I think I'm going to look for wallpaper and wallpaper the insets on the cupboard doors...if, I can find wallpaper I like.
Donna, how about taking some photographs of your favorite places and have them put onto canvas and glue that onto the door fronts? It would be like framing a piece of art!
You can have any picture put on canvas now, it's not that expensive. I'd go with a glossy finish to make it easy to clean. I'd do this rather than wallpaper, as you say, you mayn't find something you really like. I would consider decoupage which would be less expensive but more difficult to cover well enough to keep clean.

just a thought...
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:11 PM   #12
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Sherman,

Your ad from the Classifieds

>QUOTE
>13ft 2,004 scamp . like new used only once, has roof air, no bathroom,
>located in carmichael ca, sacramento area, email scatpak@hotmail.com
>or call 916 944-1870 asking 6,900

A buyer needs to see what he's buying either visually or through your descriptions. Roof air and no bathroom could describe a teardrop. The original ad has no pictures. You don't mention that it is a deluxe Scamp. Scamp charges a premium for the wood interiors because its an upgrade that's both desirable and pricey for some. You don't mention that its a custom trailer. You do not have a standard floorplan. That might be appealing to some. People need to see what's nonstandard. It looks like you have a screen door, a 3 burner vs 2 burner cooktop, all upgrades that enhance the desirability of the trailer. The only person who would follow up on the scanty information provided is someone educated about mini fiberglass RVS who is searching and willing to chase you down to find out the particulars of the trailer.

The pictures are a great addition. Having enough photos to provide a 360 degree view of the interior would help. You also need photos of the dinette in dinette form and in sleeping form. It also helps to have a descriptive wording with the ad. The newness of the trailer is a selling factor. Pictures that show the shiny black frame or hitch area free from rust are appealing to buyers.

It would also help if the photos were there in the same posting area as the ad. When the photos are in one section, "General Chat" and the ad is in the "Classifieds" the shopper looking at the Classifieds is probably not going to know to search other forums for pictures. And if they should come across your pictures, they won't necessarily associate them with the sale ad they looked at previously.

Sherman, you just haven't done the greatest job of selling (describing in a seductive way) what you've got. Its a great trailer. In your ad provide more details about what makes it great trailer along with the pictures and you will be on your way to attracting the right buyer.
Ahh, You were thinking of Bobby & Linda's ad, Benita. They were/are the ones wondering why their Scamp hasn't (yet) sold. And I think your advice for them is good... I'll send them over here to look at it. (I thought about moving your post over to their thread, but then some of the replies here wouldn't make a lot of sense.)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
The cabinet work looks really nice, but I was wondering if it has altered the tongue weight and possible the total weight of your egg?
Fred Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
The cabinet work looks really nice, but I was wondering if it has altered the tongue weight and possible the total weight of your egg?

Hi Fred,
My guess is that there would be very little difference in the weights as the wood is pretty light weight comparison to fiberglass.
Sherm
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 AM   #15

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:

Donna, the wallpaper sounds like a great idea. I hated the brown carpet also. I ripped it up and just put down some of those self-stick tiles. So far they are great and I have half a box left for boo boos.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote