My unusual gem w/ photos - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to sherman
Hi,
I appreciate all the coments regarding my little Scamp (Deluxe).
Roger had suggested i submit some photos so here goes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scamp_with_awning_1__Small_.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2310


The actual cabinet color is a little washed out because the sun was streaming in. If you look at the upper cabinet over the stove you will see the truer color. It is a rich darker color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	scamp_kitchen_1__Small_.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	2305



Sherman M
Attached Thumbnails
scamp_kitchen_2__Small_.JPG   scamp_kitchen__Small_.JPG  

scamp_with_awning_2__Small_.JPG  
__________________

__________________
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 78 Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 118
What a great little unit that is!!!

I am new to these little campers, too. I was able to bring mine home finally, to begin to spiff it up and to redecorate it. The seat covers are brown. I can't stand brown.... I must surround myself with color...

And since the cabinet doors in ours are only very cheap pressed fake wood... I feel very free to paint them, too!! YOUR cabinets look SO nice!! If I had nice wood on mine, I'd not dare paint them.
__________________

__________________
Deb in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Sherman,

Your ad from the Classifieds
Quote:
13ft 2,004 scamp . like new used only once, has roof air, no bathroom, located in carmichael ca, sacramento area, email scatpak@hotmail.com or call 916 944-1870 asking 6,900
A buyer needs to see what he's buying either visually or through your descriptions. Roof air and no bathroom could describe a teardrop. The original ad has no pictures. You don't mention that it is a deluxe Scamp. Scamp charges a premium for the wood interiors because its an upgrade that's both desirable and pricey for some. You don't mention that its a custom trailer. You do not have a standard floorplan. That might be appealing to some. People need to see what's nonstandard. It looks like you have a screen door, a 3 burner vs 2 burner cooktop, all upgrades that enhance the desirability of the trailer. The only person who would follow up on the scanty information provided is someone educated about mini fiberglass RVS who is searching and willing to chase you down to find out the particulars of the trailer.

The pictures are a great addition. Having enough photos to provide a 360 degree view of the interior would help. You also need photos of the dinette in dinette form and in sleeping form. It also helps to have a descriptive wording with the ad. The newness of the trailer is a selling factor. Pictures that show the shiny black frame or hitch area free from rust are appealing to buyers.

It would also help if the photos were there in the same posting area as the ad. When the photos are in one section, "General Chat" and the ad is in the "Classifieds" the shopper looking at the Classifieds is probably not going to know to search other forums for pictures. And if they should come across your pictures, they won't necessarily associate them with the sale ad they looked at previously.

Sherman, you just haven't done the greatest job of selling (describing in a seductive way) what you've got. Its a great trailer. In your ad provide more details about what makes it great trailer along with the pictures and you will be on your way to attracting the right buyer.
__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
Moderator
 
Gina D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Posts: 9,016
Registry


psssttt.. Benita... Thats great info..

But....

Thats not Shermans Ad.
__________________
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Benita's Avatar
 
Name: Benita
Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Georgia
Posts: 608
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Oops! It appears that I was too hasty with the cut and paste effort.

My apologies, Sherman. I stand by what I said about needing photos and descriptions to sell the trailer. But as for the rest of my post? Well, I guess I'll go sit in the corner.
__________________
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:55 AM   #6
Member
 
Lorene W's Avatar
 
Name: Lorene
Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Georgia
Posts: 99
Sherman,
Thanks for posting those great pictures! Our units are VERY similar! It's a terrific set-up and yours is beautiful. I know you'll enjoy it

Any chance we'll get to see it and you at the SE Rally next month?
__________________
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to sherman

Click image for larger version

Name:	scamp_pantry.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	2323
Hi,
Not to confuse anyone, but my little egg is not for sale. I just wanted to share some photos of the galley area.
Benita, thanks for the great info regarding the selling of an egg. I enjoyed the "oops". If I ever do sell I have some good hints.
When I submitted the photos of the interior I didn't show the dinette area as the cushions are stored in the attic yet for the winter weather which and since left us. Besides we all know what that area looks like.
I did forget to enter a photo of the "pantry" which is opposite the sink so here it is. This photo shows the better the rich color of the wood cabinets. Kinda art deco look.
In the other photos, did you notice the sink faucet? When you turn the little black knob it turns on an electric motor that pumps water from the little water tank. Real neat but rather slow.
I hope you all enjoy my photos and ramblings.
Sherman M.
Attached Thumbnails
scamp_kitchen_1__Small_.JPG  
__________________
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Gigi's Avatar
 
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Posts: 327
Those cupboard fronts are really beautiful, Sherman. You do have a gem there. With the Scamp factory burning down, I think yours may become especially collectible. They may not opt to do the same thing again.

Keep the pictures coming! I love 'em!
__________________
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
Those cupboard fronts are really beautiful, Sherman. You do have a gem there. With the Scamp factory burning down, I think yours may become especially collectible. They may not opt to do the same thing again.

Keep the pictures coming! I love 'em!
Fortunately the custom shop was off site from the factory. It's getting the molds for the fiberglass that's the hold up to the build.

I have a deluxe and am struggling with TOO MUCH BROWN. Beige rat fur, brown carpet, patina maple cabinets. It didn't bother me too much the first couple of years, but now...let there be color! I think I'm going to look for wallpaper and wallpaper the insets on the cupboard doors...if, I can find wallpaper I like.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
jdtrotter's Avatar
 
Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Posts: 212
What a beautiful trailer, and I love the counter space. Hope you have many happy camping days.

Benita, your post should be pinned at the top of the classified as instructions on how to market your trailer.

Diane
__________________
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Gigi's Avatar
 
Name: Gigi
Trailer: Love Bug 1974, Eriba Puck 1972
Arizona, Minnesota & Va
Posts: 327
Quote:
Fortunately the custom shop was off site from the factory. It's getting the molds for the fiberglass that's the hold up to the build.

I have a deluxe and am struggling with TOO MUCH BROWN. Beige rat fur, brown carpet, patina maple cabinets. It didn't bother me too much the first couple of years, but now...let there be color! I think I'm going to look for wallpaper and wallpaper the insets on the cupboard doors...if, I can find wallpaper I like.
Donna, how about taking some photographs of your favorite places and have them put onto canvas and glue that onto the door fronts? It would be like framing a piece of art!
You can have any picture put on canvas now, it's not that expensive. I'd go with a glossy finish to make it easy to clean. I'd do this rather than wallpaper, as you say, you mayn't find something you really like. I would consider decoupage which would be less expensive but more difficult to cover well enough to keep clean.

just a thought...
__________________
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
Administrator
 
Mary F's Avatar
 
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Posts: 9,711
Registry
Quote:
Sherman,

Your ad from the Classifieds

>QUOTE
>13ft 2,004 scamp . like new used only once, has roof air, no bathroom,
>located in carmichael ca, sacramento area, email scatpak@hotmail.com
>or call 916 944-1870 asking 6,900

A buyer needs to see what he's buying either visually or through your descriptions. Roof air and no bathroom could describe a teardrop. The original ad has no pictures. You don't mention that it is a deluxe Scamp. Scamp charges a premium for the wood interiors because its an upgrade that's both desirable and pricey for some. You don't mention that its a custom trailer. You do not have a standard floorplan. That might be appealing to some. People need to see what's nonstandard. It looks like you have a screen door, a 3 burner vs 2 burner cooktop, all upgrades that enhance the desirability of the trailer. The only person who would follow up on the scanty information provided is someone educated about mini fiberglass RVS who is searching and willing to chase you down to find out the particulars of the trailer.

The pictures are a great addition. Having enough photos to provide a 360 degree view of the interior would help. You also need photos of the dinette in dinette form and in sleeping form. It also helps to have a descriptive wording with the ad. The newness of the trailer is a selling factor. Pictures that show the shiny black frame or hitch area free from rust are appealing to buyers.

It would also help if the photos were there in the same posting area as the ad. When the photos are in one section, "General Chat" and the ad is in the "Classifieds" the shopper looking at the Classifieds is probably not going to know to search other forums for pictures. And if they should come across your pictures, they won't necessarily associate them with the sale ad they looked at previously.

Sherman, you just haven't done the greatest job of selling (describing in a seductive way) what you've got. Its a great trailer. In your ad provide more details about what makes it great trailer along with the pictures and you will be on your way to attracting the right buyer.
Ahh, You were thinking of Bobby & Linda's ad, Benita. They were/are the ones wondering why their Scamp hasn't (yet) sold. And I think your advice for them is good... I'll send them over here to look at it. (I thought about moving your post over to their thread, but then some of the replies here wouldn't make a lot of sense.)
__________________
Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
________________________________
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #13
Member
 
Fred Bell's Avatar
 
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Posts: 33
The cabinet work looks really nice, but I was wondering if it has altered the tongue weight and possible the total weight of your egg?
__________________
Fred Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:26 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 9
Send a message via Yahoo to sherman
Quote:
The cabinet work looks really nice, but I was wondering if it has altered the tongue weight and possible the total weight of your egg?

Hi Fred,
My guess is that there would be very little difference in the weights as the wood is pretty light weight comparison to fiberglass.
Sherm
__________________

__________________
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
unusual Fiberglass repair Perry Mac Donald Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 7 03-21-2009 11:37 AM
This MUST be the most unusual trailer I've ever seen! Gigi General Chat 18 09-01-2006 12:23 PM
Am I unusual or rare? sherman General Chat 5 03-26-2006 12:03 PM
Most unusual thing I take camping Legacy Posts General Chat 30 05-07-2003 11:05 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.