mystery fiberglass trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
This was sighted at Okemos MI. Of course, one can notice that it is used by a AT&T company. I wonder IF there is anyone out there that knows something of the manufacturer?
Attached Thumbnails
MI_trip_2008_008.jpg  
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:10 PM   #2

Registry
Here is a closer shot of the same fiberglass trailer noted in the above post.
Attached Thumbnails
MI_trip_2008_009.jpg  
Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Look carefully at the trailer in the background of the photo in the upper left corner of:

http://www.purrformancetrailers.com/homepage.html

and that might be it.

When I was touring the Maritimes a couple of years back, I noticed a lot of truck work-bodies made of fiberglass on utility company vehicles.
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Sunday, June 15 at the Tulare rest area off hiway 99 in LOVELY central California..

4 [b]Little Joe's!.. Yes.. 4 of them!

Of course, they cheated, they were on a transport truck, and they weren't really campers. AT&T is buying custom ones for field service tool houses. These ones all had AT&T logos on them, so I suspect they were headed for a life of toil.
Little Joe trailer link
Old 06-18-2008, 07:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
That Lil' Joe trailer always caught my eye.....actually called thd company one time. Very nice people too. with the price of gas they're lookin better and better.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #6

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, they are little Joes made for AT&T.

I have seen several of them in so.cal. Wiescraft is probably doing very good business with them.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:16 PM   #7

Trailer: *Pelsue
Hi, I stumbled on your website doing research on another trailer of ours and found this thread. The trailer in the photo is an ATT fiberoptic splicing trailer made by our company. If you see one out there check out the vin and you will see it is made by the Pelsue Company here in Englewood Colorado. We manufacture these for ATT and other telecom companies such as Verizon and Qwest. We mold the bodies in Lamar Colorado and also have an assembly plant there as well. In addition to the trailer in the photo which is our Fiberlite POD we have an 11' foot long bodied trailer that is 6" wider and 6" taller that has a side door as well. This is a new trailer, the FiberliteXL will be available this summer.

Currently we manufacture these for construction and utility company use but have been asked if we would consider making them available for RV's or even produce an RV. That is something we are considering now and doing some research to help finalize a decision. In fact, that is how I found your great website.

Several years ago the first trailers we prototyped the idea to the phone companies with was a Weiscraft trailer. That trailer, while very good was too small for our needs. We then built our own set of 4 molds to our spec which resulted in a larger unit that had greater reinforcement and greater glass thickness for everyday duty consisting of off-road use behind construction trucks. Our trailer rides on an all aluminum frame and has a place for up to a 7KW genset out front. It can be fueled by either (2) 40 lb LPG bottles or an underbelly 20gallon, gasoline or diesel fuel tank.

I know Marty and Weisecraft and they are very fine people who make a great fiberglass camper with the Li'l Joe. They too are here in Colorado.

I hope this answers your question even though I was almost a year late in answering.

Mark Niksic
Vice President
Pelsue Company
Mark Niksic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome to FiberglassRV Mark, we're very glad you found us. As you have read, we have many members who either own molded lightweight fiberglass towables or are looking to buy. You've come to the right place! Wishing you much success in your future endeavors
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Geezzzzzzzzzz. I learn something here everyday, I didn't know Lil Joe's were made here in Colorado. I have seen a couple and they are cute inside for those who can camp without a potty. Hmmmmmm, I need to investigate. Thanks for the info Mark! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #10

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Great info Mark we appreciate the company giving us some insight on your trailers. I will have to check out your web site.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #11

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Geezzzzzzzzzz. I learn something here everyday, I didn't know Lil Joe's were made here in Colorado. I have seen a couple and they are cute inside for those who can camp without a potty. Hmmmmmm, I need to investigate. Thanks for the info Mark! Robin
Robin, look at their website, they make the Ponderosa which is an upgraded Little Joe with potty and shower and smaller bed.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Bobbie, I don't need another Egg now, but sure would have given me more options when I was searching for one. Now days for people searching its not such a desperate search, cause there seems to be more for sales but for those who are looking for a little version of an egg. They would be a great option. Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #13

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Yeah, I like the Ponderosa, although I'd like it better with a pop-top, except that it would lose all the overhead storage. But it is a sweet little self-contained unit with everything one could want (except space.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:34 AM   #14

Registry
I wonder if Pelsue would sell a shell? Any guesses as to how much one would cost?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #15

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
I visited the Pelsue assembly facility south of Lamar last summer when I was working on a project nearby. Was just driving by and suddenly saw a lot of fiberglass hulls sitting beside a building. Since I had observed a set of fiberglass molds in a facility behind the motel where I was staying I was on high alert for fresh fiberglass.

The first thing I noticed about them was the frame. It is a very solidly built aluminum unit that is obviously made for a rough life in the field as a work trailer. They were equipped with a pintle eye instead of an RV coupler and had really robust stabilizers instead of the rather wimpy stabilizers associated with RVs. I wasn't able to get any specifics but would guess that the weight is considerably higher than an RV type frame even though it was aluminum. The fiberglass also seemed to be a lot thicker than what I've seen on RV bodies. For a boondock ready or safari unit this would be ideal. It also looked like it would be possible to mount the fiberglass hull on a small pickup to make an all fiberglass mini moho.

The guys working there weren't very forthcoming with information about the units but allowed me to look them over and climb inside. I got the impression they were just doing the assembly and weren't familiar with anything other than their particular part of the job. They couldn't tell me if there was any way I could buy one and especially if I could buy just a body or a hollow body and frame. They seemed to think the only customers were utility companies and that they were individually configured to the customer's specifications. They did, however, give me the company name and contact information.

At the time I had recently purchased an EggCamper kit so I didn't pursue the idea of buying a unit from them. Just wish I had known about them as a possible option when I was shopping for a camper.

Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote