The features which I notice in Charlie's eBay unit, which seem to match the mystery trailer (where the applicable parts can be seen...) include:
- no front window
- Bargman L-400 (or similar) door latch - like my Boler but unlike a Scamp
- rectangular tail lights (not recessed)
- belly area looks more like a Trillium-style joint (or even current Scamp) than the flanged style of joint on my Boler 1700
- the frame runs straight out to the coupler - aren't most 13' units stepped up from frame level to coupler level?
- and of couse the relatively squared-off back, with an almost lip spoiler effect at the top
The back end shape and seam design suggest an update of the Boler design to me, rather than a really old variation. I assume the "special" windows
and the gate hinges on the door (how can that not bind?) were added by an owner.
While this particular unit is in spectacularly sad condition, I personally like the shape better than the typical 13' egg. And speaking of the shell, it does look intact, so if one were building a new frame, floor, and interior - and replacing all of the windows
, appliances, and furnishings - this might be a perfectly good starting point!
So what is it?