Mystery trailer venture - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Jayne
Trailer: New owner
Washington
Mystery trailer venture

So as some of you know I purchased the mystery trailer venture in Michigan. I leave Monday to go supervise the equipment being loaded for transport. They should be back in the northwest May 4th. Please read my go fund me and share so we can get these time capsule beauties on the road! Thanks guys!

gofundme.com/st6qg8c
Jaynebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:45 AM   #2

Name: Samuel
Trailer: Burro
New York
That design is so cool, though I would like to see more pictures. Do you have either of the models on the road?
samuelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #3
Commercial Member

Washington
On the road

No, only one is on a frame but non of the shells are completed. Once they get to Seattle they will get completed. I plan on posting pics of the process. Please share the go fund so we can get the word out. Everyone who donates get placed in a drawing for a custom trailer!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Do you have a business plan you can post?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:02 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Washington
Business plan

Yes I have a business plan, I can modify it for posting here however I am leaving Monday to go supervise the shipping. I won't have time to do that until I get back. I have a business plan, manufacturer, equipment, shipping, warehouse space, buyers, sellers (including one of the largest nw dealers) interested in selling them. I am really excited about these trailers and so are many others in the field.
I hope everyone will spread the word and support them :-)
Every dollar donated is a chance to win one when they go into production
Old 04-25-2015, 12:35 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynebee View Post
Every dollar donated is a chance to win one when they go into production
Sorry, I'd like to see a lot more than a lottery for my dollar.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #7

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Just a thought

I don't know if this is an appropriate post but.... I was fortunate in my life and would sometimes give a gift to others who were struggling or attempting a new path without my consideration of the outcome. Sometimes a little kick is what separate success from failure. Many times a gift started some one on a new path, in part because someone unexpectedly cared.

A donation to this person's attempt should not be considered an investment, other then in her and her drive to create a business. It is a gift and like all gifts it is given without expectation of return. If asked by the recipient if I expect pay back, I always say no, except that may be they'll have the chance some day to do the same.

Those willing to strike out and start a business are rare. They deserve support. They can make a difference.

I will support this effort.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 AM   #8
Commercial Member

Washington
Many thanks

Thank you so very much for any donations. I know a lottery might not be worth it to some but right now that's all I can offer as a thank you for your generosity. I believe in paying it forward and have even when I had nothing to give. My family and I have been blessed with a lot and I try and help whoever whenever I can. My family and I believe in this venture and have gone "all in" with everything we have. Every donation to help get these beautiful vintage trailers on the road is beyond appreciated. Blessings to each and everyone of you! Thank you
Old 04-25-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
Commercial Member

Washington
Beyond appreciated, beautiful words and elegantly put. Many many thank you's @honda03824
Old 04-25-2015, 11:14 AM   #10

Name: joe
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Missouri
What the heck are we talking about, seems I got in late,are there any pictures???
joewat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #11

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
The "Mystery Trailer Venture" is abut a group of unfinished FGRV's and their molds, apparently from the early 1970's, that were recently put on Craigslist and bought by Jayne above.

Here is a link to her gofundme page with some pics of the project:
You will have to copy and paste to open.
gofundme.com/st6qg8c

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Washington
Pics

Yes this was a discussion that followed my go fund me linkgofundme.com/st6qg8c

The link has the pictures and story behind it. Please check it out and share it. Thank you

@ Bob Miller 1960-1963 :-)
Old 04-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #13

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Jayne, I will be very interested to follow your venture and wish you great success. I will offer a couple of (unsolicited) words of advice. One, please keep us (the FGRV members) informed of your progress, but be prepared for members to respond with the unvarnished truth as they see it. Some here (not me of course) can be pretty opinionated, but they also have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. The other point is to carefully consider your intended market segment and PRICE POINT. Bring to market a QUALITY product at a price that makes sense and you will do very well. Good luck!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:17 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Washington
[QUOT=Timber Wolf;518108]Jayne, I will be very interested to follow your venture and wish you great success. I will offer a couple of (unsolicited) words of advice. One, please keep us (the FGRV members) informed of your progress, but be prepared for members to respond with the unvarnished truth as they see it. Some here (not me of course) can be pretty opinionated, but they also have a wealth of knowledge on the subject. The other point is to carefully consider your intended market segment and PRICE POINT. Bring to market a QUALITY product at a price that makes sense and you will do very well. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thank you, yes that is the plan. The manufacturer that will be fabricating the shells does exclusive work for NOAA with their tsunami warning systems (those things survive decades in the ocean) they have done work for Disney and I chose them because their quality and craftsmanship was phenomenal. I could have sent them to Iowa or Nebraska and had a big box company who produces semi truck shells but they would have been sub par. I'm hoping the price point is going to end up being at 25% less then the similar unit that's on the market. Similar as in small, light weight vintage inspired trailer.
After I get back I'm going to start working on a website and Facebook page so everyone can follow the progress. I am so excited for the awesome little trailers to get on the road! Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Is that you Francesca on the fund list patrizia knowles
... Thanks for the updates Jayne.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:47 PM   #16
Commercial Member

Washington
Lol!

Patrizia is my mom lol
Old 04-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #17

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
He or she has joked about don't assume that is their real name. So had to ask about our very active forum member here and RV.net across the pond from you in Jefferson County, WA... So I guess no relation with the same last name of Knowles then
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote