Name of Dealers to buy Fiberglass RV in Indiana - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #1

Trailer: Class C Motorhome
I am thinking of buying a Fiberglass Travel Trailer but can't seem to find any dealers in Indiana. Can someone tell me where I can go on internet or to a dealership and check out any of the brands listed on the Home Page?
msparker505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
There is no dealer network for these trailers, except for Bigfoot.

Everything is sold factory direct. You can contact manufacturers direct for a list of owners near you with thier brand that are willing to show them:

Casita

Scamp tho Scamp is rebuilding after a factory fire. This may take awhile to get an order delivered, many many months

New US Made Trilliums

Canadian Made Trillium Outback Yes, confusing, but the Trillium part of the name will soon be dropped by this manufacturer, having sold it to the US comapny.

Good luck!

You will have a larger variety of trailers to chose from if you search for used. You may not wait as long to get into one either, certainly save money, but if you are set on new, the above links are your best bets.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
If you're looking for used, here's some info from our Helpful-Links pages:

RV Classified Web Sites

and the Trailer Brands page: Trailer Brands

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Aabout 14 or 15 of us will be at Spring Mill May 12-14th. That's only a little south of Indy. Probably Saturday morning we'll have a tour of the different trailers. Sort of a tradition at any get together. Stop by and have a look.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:55 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
There is no dealer network for these trailers, except for Bigfoot...
No dealers in Indiana, anyway, which may be what Gina meant. Bigfoot appears to be the only one with dealers in Indiana, or anywhere else in the United States.

Escape does distribute through dealers, but none so far outside of western Canada. Team Trillium sells the Outback through dealers as well (although this is not apparent from their website); perhaps also only in western Canada. All of these companies are included in that Trailer Brands page, and provide information on their listed web sites.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #6

Quote:
I am thinking of buying a Fiberglass Travel Trailer but can't seem to find any dealers in Indiana...
Bigfoot has a dealer locator on their website, which includes dealers in Indianapolis. As Gina mentioned, this is the only brand for which you might find a local dealer.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:32 PM   #7

Trailer: Class C Motorhome
Thank you all for the information. They don't make it easy to buy a fiberglass RV. I guess manufacturers have their reasons. Guess I'll look for a used TT.
msparker505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:39 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
You phone or email the factory and discuss requirements. You make payment arrangements from the comfort of your home. They either deliver to your door or you pick up the RV. It may not be the process you prefer, but complicated its not. They pretty much do the same thing with pizzas.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #9

We had a discussion of the dealer versus direct approach to travel trailer distribution in Escape Trailer, Anybody Have One?. The topic is the Escape trailer, but several of the posts - starting with Randy on Feb 20 - are more generally applicable to this distribution issue.

Trailers are not much like pizzas, but a two-for-one offer would be interesting...
Old 04-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Thank you all for the information. They don't make it easy to buy a fiberglass RV. I guess manufacturers have their reasons. Guess I'll look for a used TT.

I bought mine from Scamp, had it delivered. They were quite helpful, sent a CD with a tour the factory. A list of options and prices. I talked to them about the pros and cons of several of them. If want to look at one and talk to an owner of newer Scamp or Casita call the factories. Tell them where you live and that you'd like to look at one or more of their trailers. They'll contact a local owner for you to visit. The big advantage of this is you don't get a salesman trying to sell you on this or that. You get to talk to a real owner that's had his trailer for awhile. Find our what he likes and doesn't like about his "custom" built trailer.
And you don't have to pay for a dealer mark up.