Nasty storm - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #21

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Thought this site was apolitical. Norm types and i hear Mitt's voice.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 PM   #22

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Glad to hear that Jon and Norm and Ginny are in good shape. Have yet to hear from Alf. There are still millions of people without power. Hope Alf's power is out and that is all. Although it is difficult to imagine Alf without power! Hope he checks in soon. The devastation they are showing is truly catastrophic.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #23

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Cathy... Thanks for your concern. We never lost power, tho I mean't to hire someone to trim the tree branches over the wires!!!
Living on the N.S. of the Great Lakes has some benefits. Storms from the US. usually peter out by the time they make the trek north and cross the lakes...and Sandy did too!!!
My concern goes out to all who suffered loss and my prayers to the family of the Lineman who was electrocuted in Sarnia Ont.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #24

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
We lost power for 6-8 hours overnight. Somewhere in the wee hours of the morning I slipped out to my truck to catch the weather and news. The clouds were moving quickly, almost like time lapse photography. It was erie, and not like lake erie.

Although our power was out I could see that the power was on less than a 1000 feet away on the other side of the river. Many years ago our neighbourhood was devistated by Hurricane Hazel. Hurricane Hazel . I was expecting something similar, I listened to the weatherman who for for the first time in my life actually said, we don't know what is going to happen because we have never seen these combination of weather events before.

We fared well here in Toronto. Aside from the power outage, the Chinese Elm next door did not fall down onto either of my trailers and the water did not rush through my front door. I wish I could say the same for my American friends.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM   #25
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
This thread is for people to check in and report their damages or lack thereof.

ANY ADDITIONAL POLITICAL COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED, regardless of who posts them, of for which "side".

There is just no point in arguing about politics - even related to storm warnings or response - on this forum. Period.

Thank you for complying.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Roy and Alf **Happy** to hear you two were not to badly impacted.

waving to you from the BC west coast where Mother Nature is continuing to show how unpredictable she can be in regards to where & when she decides to throw a rock and roll party.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #27

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Alf, glad you are fine and that it petered out up there!
I remember Sarnia fondly and was sorry to hear about the lineman.

Mary and Bob, hope your daughter's situation is better. Looks really awful there.

Good for you, Roy and jack, that you did not have too much to deal with. I thought people seemed to be better prepared for this one. I guess you get used to this kind of thing coming around.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #28

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Thanks Cathy, but she still has no power, so no stove, heat, lights etc but she's tough and a camper, she says it's not to cold there yet, keeping our fingers crossed that it gets restored, she says she hasn't seen a power truck yet but knows their busy elsewhere.
Mary
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #29

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hi Cathy,
Although we are campers here and have most of what we need in emergecies. One is never fully prepared for what mother nature has in store for us.

I have learnt that K rations are something to keep on hand. A single meal meant for a young lad in the field quite comfortabley suits the needs of 2 older people that are not fighting a war. My hot water tank holds 40 gallons of water. It would be different if I lived in an apartment.

We fared well here, better than the ocean front. I am still concerned abouthe 7.7 earthquake off of the coast of BC.

stuff happens and we survive
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #30

Name: Janelle & Jerry
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
Donna,

Certainly sorry for all negatively effected by the storm. Glad we were not. Just a lot of Spam to eat here.
Glad to hear Norm and Ginny are OK, we have been wondering about them. Jerry would love to share the Spam 'n' eggs with them.

Jerry & Janelle
Jerry-Janelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #31

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Glad to hear those who have checked in faired the storm. Thoughts and Prayers for all those who didn't. And Kudo's to all those first responders who braved the storm to help others............
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #32

Trailer: Boler 1984
We have relatives stranded in an Illinois campground trying to get their 35 foot mobile back to Williamsburg Va. We know that they are OK but will have to wait for the snow plows to make driving safe in some areas.

Jon, better you burn that tree now than wait. They announced here that over 70 percent of the ash trees in our local parks have to be destroyed due to the ash borer. By next year it will be total devastation. .........and their coming your way.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #33

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Thanks Cathy, but she still has no power, so no stove, heat, lights etc but she's tough and a camper, she says it's not to cold there yet, keeping our fingers crossed that it gets restored, she says she hasn't seen a power truck yet but knows their busy elsewhere.
Mary
Our lineman son left Arizona yesterday to help out Long Island folks.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote