NATDA Convention in Nashville TN - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #1

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
NATDA Convention in Nashville TN

I am fortunate that I can attend a lot of different association national meetings. This weekend was the National Association Trailer Dealers of America annual convention in Nashville. This trade group represents the nuts and bolts trailer industry. The folks that build and sell small cargo trailer to large gooseneck trailers and everyone in between such as Big Tex, Sundowner and more.

One of the first time attendees but longtime in business was Pelsue who is a commercial FIBERGLASS trailer manufacturer. Most everyone of you has seen their trailers on the side of the road with a telephone company, gas company or other service company. They are the leader in the heavy duty commercial fiberglass trailer industry. They have been in business for 50 years.

At the convention Pelsue presented 2 of their commercial trailers. One was the a prototype for a motorcycle hauler and the other was to show a smaller fiberglass commercial service trailer. These trailers are about the size of the fiberglass trailers length wise that we all love.

To say these trailers are WELL BUILT is an understatement! Their current customers (Phone, cable TV, Gas etc) life/service expectation for these trailers is 20 years in commercial service. These trailers feature completely aluminum chassis's, stainless fasteners, beautiful fiberglass work and more. I spoke at length with the President of the company about their trailers and the RV conversion idea. He certainly was receptive about selling a basic trailer to someone to convert to an RV. Pelsue is currently expanding with a second production facility now open. Both are located in Colorado where the company is headquartered. They also manufacture other products for the commercial service industry.

I inquired as to the base price point of their larger displayed motorcycle carrier as a basic trailer with which a person could convert into a RV trailer. The price was about $11,000. Expensive? Maybe however you have to see the quality! The telephone companies typically spend another $20-$30K to outfit the trailers to their specs. Maybe I should look for a used one when the telephone company sells one!

The chassis is waste water, fresh water tank compatible, hundreds of options available including a very nice insulation package and more. These are as fine a fiberglass trailer as "I" have ever seen.

Probably NOT most folks cup of tea to "build" their own fiberglass trailer however it might just be right for some folks and I have never seen a better place to start your build!

Here is a link to the Pelsue trailer website:

http://www.pelsue.com/product-catego...lite-trailers/

Below is a photo album of the Pelsue trailers, a fiberglass horse trailer and the interior of one of the all aluminum (BIG MONEY) horse trailers shown at the show. That last horse trailer is not too bad a livin for the horses or the people!

Enjoy!

NATDA Trailer Nashville Sept 2016 by Michael Strinich | Photobucket
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote