Navigation and Ford Sync - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #1

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Navigation and Ford Sync

Hi all,

Anyone have experience with creating a travel itinerary in Google Maps and uploading to the Ford Sync system for navigation?

It is easy to manually input each days destination in the Nav window, but wanted to know if an entire route can be added.

What I have seen on-line is that this may no longer work with the new Sync 3 system.

Cheers,

Bat Dude
Old 01-13-2017, 07:58 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
I have the previous version (2) of Sync so my observations may not apply to Sync 3. I have found a point of interest (a restaurant or a store) and then sent it to Sync. I've used both the phone and a PC to search but using the phone is simpler to share with Sync. I have an Android phone and use the "Send To Sync" app.

Searching on the nav program is awkward but I prefer to navigate with the vehicle nav program than with the small phone screen. I haven't tried multiple waypoints at once. I don't see that you can upload the details of a route, just the waypoints. You would have to let the Ford's nav system figure out the details. But you can specify extra waypoints to pretty much force the nav system to take a certain path.

I don't do it often and there's a bit of fussing around to remember the steps so I'm not a good coach.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:31 AM   #3

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Only have a Dumb phone...

Tnx,

We will stick with manually enter daily trip destinations in the Ford Nav screen.

Cheers,

Bat Dude