Need advice on visiting Utah Nat'l Parks & Grand Canyon - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Dixie National was also fantastic, we stayed (for five days because it was so good) at a NF campground called White Creek, about 15 miles west of Panguich, UT. It sits on a stream that flows out of Panguich Lake - that is loaded with trout. I caught trout from the campsite, and one morning took a short stroll along the creek and released 15 trout before breakfast. If fishing is your thing, I highly recommend it. This area too was fairly chilly in early June, I think it's at about 6,000 feet, maybe a tad more. We daytripped from there to several canyons, Cedar Breaks (where it snowed on us) and a few other highly productive trout streams.
Sounds really good! What were you catching the trout on? I don't have a fly rod, but if they were biting on something else I would stand a chance. Are Utah nonresident licenses very expensive?

I've been thinking hard about going to this area also this summer, probably in early June. I can't find reference anywhere to a White Creek Campground... could you be referring to "Panguitch Lake North" NFCG, which is supposed to be 16 miles SW of town on Hwy 143? My old TL directory lists that one at 8400' elev.

The info about dry camping just off the Grand Canyon rim has me ready to scout out spots! It was also good to read in this thread about Nine Mile Canyon and the CG at the ranch. That would be worth a couple of days, I bet. $10 a night, not bad, and 6500' so it won't be too hot. Wow, we're all going to be waving constantly at the other eggs we see this summer!

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote