need opinions on best matteress - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #15
Name: Tom
Trailer: Bigfoot
I sure thank everyone for ideas on mattresses. Were going to try a Icoil innerspring mattress for now, as Walmart has them on sale with free freight for 189.00
Get the Slumber Mattress In a Box, 1 - 8'' at an always low price from Save money. Live better.
It has no perimeter wire, so can bend in and out of the overhead area without damage, and we can return it if we don't like it.
I do want to try a memory foam mattress, but until we get some sleep time on one, this will do.
Tom Y

Tom Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:41 PM   #16
Name: Russ
Trailer: Scamp 16' side dinette
Natural latex is the best sleep I ever experienced. It has great resilience, coolness, and longevity. Drawbacks are expense, weight, and some may have allergies to latex. I got 35 years out of one! Slept like heaven.
I replaced my scamp cushions recently with 4" thick standard foam medium density. They are OK, but 5" would have been better in hind sight, since I had new upholstery made as well. The standard upholstery foam is light weight and has lower flame spread than latex foam, so good for RV use. Just opt for 5" if you are making new covers.

ruscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #17
Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
tempur-pedic there is no equal, closest is pure latex imo i, have owned both and they are about equal. i have tempur-pedic queen never owned better mattress period ( lady passed in my nighborhood bought a complete unit queen and adjustabel with vibration that was almost 4000 dollars for 800 dollars could not pass it up) i have seen used temperputic mattresses queen for 250 to 600 dollars, and worth every penny, just do thorough inspection get all linens sheets and pads covers etc... included. they are there if you do a bit of research, if you want the best you must spend the dollars - i had major lower back probs, 3 days slepping never a problem since and the mattress will last longer than i will live - no knock offs please - now how will i get the adjustable and vibrating base in the trailer - we will see or i will keep it in my base camp home in the rockies in the future
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:45 PM   #18
Name: Steve
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19' /2010 Honda Pilot 4WD TV
Escondido, California
My wife and I used to sleep on a Tempur-Pedic mattress and have had the most comfortable sleep on it. We don't like the queen mattress that came with the Escape 19 so we just installed a new memory foam mattress tonight into the trailer and it is amazing for the price: $379US. 12" Thick and very soft and luxurious. This is the info: LUCID by LinenSpa 12" Memory Foam Triple-Layer Plush Viscoelastic Mattress 20-Year Warranty - Bamboo Cover, Queen: Home & Kitchen
"No Generators"
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #19
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
We've had our TempurPedic (at home) for 3 years and love it. T.P. has a 20 year warranty and free replacement for the first 10 years. Of course, for free replacement, something has to be wrong with it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #20
Name: Dennis
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 16 SD
Order Mattress Foam

You can order regular mattress foam in any size from I used their products until I purchased a mattress from Southern Mattress in Rocky Mount, NC. They make products designed for both Casita and Scamp.
DENNIS ARCHER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
I read a few posts back that you decided on a particular mattress and i hope that brings many comfy night's.

Just as an FYI for those who may come this way...And i have shared this elsewhere but in context it's good food for thought for those still pondering...

In our Van conversion and our full time rig we utilize the Froli Sleep System with a memory foam mattress topper from a big box store. The sleep is amazing and rivals ANYTHING on the market for home, RV, or Yacht use. We have been comfortable in the Van in situations ranging from snow on the roof (with no heat overnight, our preference) to 80+ degree evenings with simple fans going and never had issues with hot/cold feeling with the memory foam topper.

This is a picture of the Froli before we put it into our Van:

you just place the system on top of your bed platform and screw down in a couple places so it doesn't shift off platform. On our queen in the fiver i have it screwed down so we can still lift up the bed to get into the storage. It is flexible enough to be utilized above berths with under-seat storage access hatches.

Then you place your thin (~4" to 8") mattress topper(s) on this and you are good to go. The system allows airflow under the mattress so there is no chance of mildew, etc.

Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon
Bed, Bath, & Beyond...
2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Van
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote