Need some help--any Coloradans on?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #15

Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Jessica

I wish I'd known about this a little sooner as we were on that side of the mountains yesterday within 75 miles of Montrose (around here that's within rock throwing distance). The most you could be out at this point is $500 and a day trip - ok, a couple of days.

From the pictures it looks like you are getting a very good camper. Enjoy.

Orlen
Thanks, Orlen! We're really excited about it. Aaaand I have good news--Keith put us in touch with his friend who lives in Montrose, and he's agreed to go take a look-see for us on Saturday! Ed and Scott, thank you again for offering to go check it out for us! Hopefully within the week we'll become proud new owners of a Casita!!

Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
I have good news--Keith put us in touch with his friend who lives in Montrose, and he's agreed to go take a look-see for us on Saturday!
Wonderful! It's always nice to have an opinion from someone before driving across a couple of states to buy. It is a nerve racking experience. Best of Luck! Let us know how it turns out........

Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #17

Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
I heard from my friend in Montrose, just a little bit ago, and he feels they are getting a really good deal. I think they are are coming by my place Tuesday and I'm going to help them out a bit with some of the things I've learned over the years.

I'll never forget Bill and Darlene Harper, from Phoenix, back in 2003 when we got our first Casita.Darlene....God rest her sweet soul... asked if we would "mind" if they came along when we picked up our Casita down in Mesa, AZ. I had done the same thing that Jessica and Andy are doing and bought it site unseen from Earnhardt's in Mesa, AZ. I gave them a deposit and they assured me that when I got there, if I wasn't happy they would refund my money.

Bill and Darlene went with us and showed me a ton of tricks right then. Bill even gave us a "Casita warming gift"......a 4 pack of RV Toilet paper. What a sweet guy. Sadly, Darlene passed away suddenly a couple of years later and Bill couldn't even go in the Casita after that. I helped him sell it and really wish he would hook up again with this group. But, everyone has to do it their way. If any of you know him, give him a call. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

Sorry, I digress....but I want to help these "newbies" out. Too bad we can't have a last minute gathering next week for them here i Aurora.

I'm excited for them.

Keith
Old 07-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #18

Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
Quote:
Sorry, I digress....but I want to help these "newbies" out. Too bad we can't have a last minute gathering next week for them here i Aurora.

I'm excited for them.

Keith
Sounds like a good idea to me. There are a few folks in the metro area that could get together to welcome them to the world of fiberglass even if it was just for a few hours.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #19

Colorado
Quote:
Sounds like a good idea to me. There are a few folks in the metro area that could get together to welcome them to the world of fiberglass even if it was just for a few hours.
I'm open to suggestions? Is there any place we could gather that there wouldn't be any neighborhood covenant's to deal with? I got home today and had a letter from our Ass.....ociation Gestapo threatening to fine me if I kept my Casita on the curb again for more than just loading or unloading. What a bunch of jerks. Where else am I supposed to work on it?

Sorry about unloading but HOA's are a real two-edged sword.

I'm serious about something quick.

Let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks,

Keith
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #20
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Bless you, Keith. I appreciate the reminiscences about Darlene - I never met her in person but she gave us a lot of encouragement when we were getting this website going. It's great you can pass along some of your knowledge to Jessica and her husband. I sure hope the Casita pick up goes smoothly!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #21

Colorado
Quote:
Bless you, Keith. I appreciate the reminiscences about Darlene - I never met her in person but she gave us a lot of encouragement when we were getting this website going. It's great you can pass along some of your knowledge to Jessica and her husband. I sure hope the Casita pick up goes smoothly!
Blessings to you too, Mary. I've never had the privelege of meeting you, but hope to do so sometime. Darlene was a real sweety.

You know, there have been some mighty fine people in and out of this Forum and it's really interesting to watch the progression. I often wonder if Charles Watts is still "lurking" there and just not getting involved again.

Also, I follow Pete Dumbleton's sad tale on that Caringbridge link that someone posted a while back. I haven't heard anything for a few days but it can't be much longer. He sure is having a rough time and he and his family sure need all our prayers.

I wonder if there are any "Glass Get-Togethers" in Heaven???? I'll bet that if there are, that ornery Nick will be there chewing someone out. He and Marlene are also sorely missed. The last I knew, she still had the Casita and was out and about a bit.

Regards,

Keith
Old 07-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #22

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
I wonder if there are any "Glass Get-Togethers" in Heaven????
Regards,

Keith

Well I sure hope so!

That is so nice of you Keith, to meet up with them!

I am up for a gathering if I don't have one of the other million things going on. Let me know!

Keith, Are you and Shirley up for breakfast on Wed? I have a meeting in Leadville in the afternoon, but a quick breakfast on my way thru town. Or dinner on my way home? Let me know.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #23

Colorado
Quote:
Well I sure hope so!

That is so nice of you Keith, to meet up with them!

I am up for a gathering if I don't have one of the other million things going on. Let me know!

Keith, Are you and Shirley up for breakfast on Wed? I have a meeting in Leadville in the afternoon, but a quick breakfast on my way thru town. Or dinner on my way home? Let me know.
I'll call you today.

EKW
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Williams View Post
I heard from my friend in Montrose, just a little bit ago, and he feels they are getting a really good deal. I think they are are coming by my place Tuesday and I'm going to help them out a bit with some of the things I've learned over the years.

I'll never forget Bill and Darlene Harper, from Phoenix, back in 2003 when we got our first Casita.Darlene....God rest her sweet soul... asked if we would "mind" if they came along when we picked up our Casita down in Mesa, AZ. I had done the same thing that Jessica and Andy are doing and bought it site unseen from Earnhardt's in Mesa, AZ. I gave them a deposit and they assured me that when I got there, if I wasn't happy they would refund my money.

Bill and Darlene went with us and showed me a ton of tricks right then. Bill even gave us a "Casita warming gift"......a 4 pack of RV Toilet paper. What a sweet guy. Sadly, Darlene passed away suddenly a couple of years later and Bill couldn't even go in the Casita after that. I helped him sell it and really wish he would hook up again with this group. But, everyone has to do it their way. If any of you know him, give him a call. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

I'm excited for them.

Keith

Hi Keith!! Greetings from Salida! We made it here around 8PM local and are so glad to be back in beautiful Colorado! My apologies for being out of pocket the past few days--we stopped to visit relatives on our way up here and somehow it became time to head out before we knew it.

Anyhow, I love your idea about having a get together with the other folks in town! Sounds like a lot of fun and we can't wait to meet ya'll.

Andy and I would hate to get you in hot water with your HOA, so we're leaning towards staying overnight at an RV park in Aurora. That way we're not imposing and none of your neighbors will be upset. You've already done so much for us--thank you again for hooking us up with your friend in Montrose--that was a Godsend and we felt 100% confident about the trailer after speaking with him. Add to that your willingness to meet with us and show us the ropes--that's way more than we could ever ask for! And we're looking forward to someday passing along the same kindness, too.

We had a veeery long day today on the road so I'd better go to bed and get some sleep! We will be in touch with more concrete details of when we'll be arriving in Aurora and where we'll be staying soon!!

Thank you all for all the well wishes!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #25

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica C. View Post
... The way I see it, we'll be getting a lightly used camper by one non-smoking owner and we'll be shaving roughly 5-6 k off the price of a new one (incl. sales tax) to boot!! *Almost* as good as new, yes? I could be wrong, I am new at this...
Texas may be different, but in Washington when you buy something, like we bought our Trillium, when we licensed it, we had to show the bill of sale and pay sales tax on the amount shown there. Not too many governments will give you a pass on taxes. LOL

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
Texas may be different, but in Washington when you buy something, like we bought our Trillium, when we licensed it, we had to show the bill of sale and pay sales tax on the amount shown there. Not too many governments will give you a pass on taxes. LOL
<_<Yeah, yeah, durn those taxes! We will have to pay sales tax in TX, unfortunately. But we do get a break on income tax, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much, huh? haha

We woke up to a flat front tire on our Highlander, so Andy is getting that fixed right now. We're likely going to drive to Gunnison and stay there for at least a day--maybe two--before coming to Aurora. We want to get a feel for how the trailer feels behind us on the road but also have enough time to go through our set up checklist (that I found on this site!) and get ready for our first night in our Casita before nightfall! Will update again later!
Old 07-27-2010, 10:55 PM   #27

Colorado
I don't know about getting a group together after all. There's a possibility that Robin may be here Friday AM or Saturday AM for breakfast in Aurora. As soon as you guys know for sure when you will be here, let us know and maybe we can make it happen.

We are going to try to meet at JUS GRILL on the South East corner of Iliff and Buckley in Aurora. It's a great little breakfast "home style" restaurant and the have a killer breakfast burrito smothered in Green Chili. "Jus" good homey type food.

Stand by and anyone that wants to "plug in" just send me a PM and give me your Cell & E-mail and I'll try to let you know.

Regards,

Keith

Keith