Need some help--any Coloradans on?? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
Hello,

My husband and I are in the market for a Casita and are first time R.V.'ers. We live in College Station, TX and have found a Casita for sale in Montrose, Colorado that we're very interested in. We've talked to the owner and have offered him $13,250, which he accepted, and are going to give him a deposit of $500 to hold the trailer for us as soon as he sets up a Paypal account (hopefully by this morning.)

We will be visiting my parents in Wichita Falls, TX next week and are planning on driving from there to Montrose to pick up the trailer at the end of the week. But before we make the 769 mile one-way trip from Wichita Falls to pick it up, I'm hoping a member that lives nearby would be willing to go give it a once-over for us and perhaps take a few additional pictures. I'll admit I'm a little nervous as this is our first R.V. and I've read a few horror stories on here of people who drove hundreds of miles for a sight-unseen trailer only to be disappointed in it's in-person condition once they arrived.

Here is the link to the camper:

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/1848716263.html

The owner sounds very nice. He's a retired Dr. and said the trailer has been winterized and parked for 2 years. We'd be towing it with our 2002 Toyota Highlander V6, which has a 3500 lb towing capacity. Still need to get it hitched, but that will be done very soon!!

Anyhow, if anyone near Montrose would be willing to give it a preliminary check for us to ensure that the actual trailer matches what the ad states, we'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for reading this--love this forum, it's a real gem.

Jessica
__________________

__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Keith Williams's Avatar
 
Name: E. Keith
Trailer: None at the moment :-(
Colorado
Posts: 432
Quote:
Hello,

My husband and I are in the market for a Casita and are first time R.V.'ers. We live in College Station, TX and have found a Casita for sale in Montrose, Colorado that we're very interested in. We've talked to the owner and have offered him $13,250, which he accepted, and are going to give him a deposit of $500 to hold the trailer for us as soon as he sets up a Paypal account (hopefully by this morning.)

We will be visiting my parents in Wichita Falls, TX next week and are planning on driving from there to Montrose to pick up the trailer at the end of the week. But before we make the 769 mile one-way trip from Wichita Falls to pick it up, I'm hoping a member that lives nearby would be willing to go give it a once-over for us and perhaps take a few additional pictures. I'll admit I'm a little nervous as this is our first R.V. and I've read a few horror stories on here of people who drove hundreds of miles for a sight-unseen trailer only to be disappointed in it's in-person condition once they arrived.

Here is the link to the camper:

http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/1848716263.html

The owner sounds very nice. He's a retired Dr. and said the trailer has been winterized and parked for 2 years. We'd be towing it with our 2002 Toyota Highlander V6, which has a 3500 lb towing capacity. Still need to get it hitched, but that will be done very soon!!

Anyhow, if anyone near Montrose would be willing to give it a preliminary check for us to ensure that the actual trailer matches what the ad states, we'd be forever grateful.

Thanks for reading this--love this forum, it's a real gem.

Jessica
Hi jessica, I wish I could help, but we live in Aurora, Colorado, which is about 4 1/2 hours East of there. However, there are people over there that may be able to help. I'm going to send you a Private Message with my personal E-mail and I do know of a guy over there that was looking for a Casita, but he got a different brand, but he might be able to look at it for you if needed. He may have already seen it. If you have trouble getting my PM, just post another one here and we'll see what we can do.

Regards,

Keith Williams
__________________

__________________
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
Thank you, Keith! Just replied to your PM.
__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Roger C H's Avatar
 
Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Posts: 2,172
Registry
Talking

You could drive down to Rice, TX and for not much more money, buy a NEW Casita!!

__________________
A charter member of the Buffalo Plaid Brigade!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Posts: 3,052
Registry
Nice looking trailer.

Name:   3n03ma3l15V05Q35U0a7hf4f5b27bf14b161f.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  7.2 KB



Name:   3m63p93lf5Z45W35X3a7hfd44a1d44b081d66.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  6.0 KB
[attachment=34869:3n13m93o...d5731e32.
jpg]

Name:   3p73ob3lc5V55T05P5a7h3f2c264c294b1ccb.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  6.1 KB
Attached Images
 
__________________
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
Quote:
You could drive down to Rice, TX and for not much more money, buy a NEW Casita!!

Haha--that's what I initially wanted to do, but we'll need the camper for a 2 week stay during the last two weeks of August and sadly a new one wouldn't be ready until mid November. Also, this is a compromise with my husband, who wanted to get a much older, used one. The way I see it, we'll be getting a lightly used camper by one non-smoking owner and we'll be shaving roughly 5-6 k off the price of a new one (incl. sales tax) to boot!! *Almost* as good as new, yes? I could be wrong, I am new at this...
__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
[quote]Nice looking trailer.
Attachment 29660


Attachment 29659
[attachment=34869:3n13m93o...d5731e32.
jpg]
Attachment 29662


We're really excited about it!! Fingers crossed that it all works out. We put down the deposit this morning and the owner is fine with the idea of a 3rd party giving it an initial inspection on our behalf. Hopefully someone in the area will be able to help us out--we're heading to CO from Wichita Falls, TX on Monday the 26th!
__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
Keith--I sent you a second PM including my contact information right after I sent my first reply. Did you get it? I'm confused because my account says I've sent only the first message, but that's not true...hmmmm.
__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
I will be in that area the next week and would be happy to look at it for you if you get delayed somehow.

Just another option.

Congrats!

Ed
__________________
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Posts: 163
Quote:
I will be in that area the next week and would be happy to look at it for you if you get delayed somehow.

Just another option.

Congrats!

Ed
Hi Jessica,
I'm in Telluride; 1.25hrs. from Montrose, and frequently make trips to the "Big City", for supplies. If Ed dosen't work out let me know.
Scott
__________________
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Robin G's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2007 Casita
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
"Big City"
Scott your funny! Those of us from CO know your stretching the truth here....

Sorry, Jessica I am in N, CO though usually I am up for a drive to see molded glass. And the "big City" as Scott described is a beautiful place to visit. Well worth the drive but I have a ton of stuff going on the next few weeks. I hope your new purchase turns out to be exactly what your looking for.
__________________
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ed Harris's Avatar
 
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Scott your funny! Those of us from CO know your stretching the truth here....


Sorry, Jessica I am in N, CO though usually I am up for a drive to see molded glass. And the "big City" as Scott described is a beautiful place to visit. Well worth the drive but I have a ton of stuff going on the next few weeks. I hope your new purchase turns out to be exactly what your looking for.
It's double funny,I will be in Gunnison where we have a small cabin and we too make the Trek to the "Big City" to fetch supplies.
It is a little longer trip than from Telluride for us but I know I will be there the first few days in Co.

So if it does work out I am happy to help if I can.

I am just trying to decide if I bring my Egg along or not. I don't really need to but that has never stopped me before.

Ed
__________________
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe
Posts: 19
Oh, my goodness--everyone is so NICE here!!

Ed thank you so much for your offer to take a gander at it for us. I'm pretty sure we'll be arriving in Montrose on the 27th, after having left Wichita Falls on the morning of the 26th. Will you be in Montrose on the 25th? If so, it sounds like it might work, but if not we very much appreciate your offer! Hope you have a wonderful time in Gunnison--and I think you might miss your Egg if you don't bring her along!! ;-)

Robin thank you also for your response and well wishes! We're really looking forward to camping in our new Casita while we're in the area. Colorado is such a gorgeous state and a very nice respite from the blazin' heat we have going on down here right now.

Scott, you are also so kind! If you're planning on being in Montrose sometime before the 26th and the logistics don't work out with Ed, we'd be very grateful if you'd look at it for us--but only if you already have plans to be in the area. I'd never ask or expect anyone to drive over an hour to look at a trailer for us--or anything else for that matter!! haha How is the weather right now in Telluride?
__________________
Jessica C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Orlen Wolf's Avatar
 
Name: Orlen
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Colorado
Posts: 312
Jessica

I wish I'd known about this a little sooner as we were on that side of the mountains yesterday within 75 miles of Montrose (around here that's within rock throwing distance). The most you could be out at this point is $500 and a day trip - ok, a couple of days.

From the pictures it looks like you are getting a very good camper. Enjoy.

73
Orlen
__________________

__________________
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.