"Nest Egg" Egg Camper now in Georgia! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #1

Trailer: 95 Lite House Trailer for Two
"Nest Egg" Egg Camper now in Georgia!

We left Marietta 0330 Saturday and arrived back home 63 hrs later at 1830 last night, with about 1800 miles behind us. Enjoyed meeting Jim and reviewing the many improvements he's done, particularly with LED lights. Boondocked the first night by necessity when motels were full and campgrounds not where we needed...and that was just fine. Photos don't do Egg Camper justice. It's wider than we envisioned, very roomy, and not nearly as stark white sterile inside as some of the website pics lead one to conclude. By the time you add cushions and "stuff" it gets real homey. Towed well with the SantaFe, about 13 mpg at 65'ish, hilly route and a/c on.

Will try to post my favorite pic of the trip...stepping out of rest stop seeing our Nessie hooked up to a donor fuel truck...One can dream :-).

Bill
Bill&Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
, good for you! I love it when a win-win comes along. And yes, please post pictures. I'd love to see one with big ole grins on your faces.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #3

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Did you pick it up at the factory? That's less than 50 miles from where we live. My wife had her doubts when we bought ours but now she loves it and suggests going camping. We've been camping for 47 years and I don't remember her doing that before. Have fun with it.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Did you pick it up at the factory? That's less than 50 miles from where we live. My wife had her doubts when we bought ours but now she loves it and suggests going camping. We've been camping for 47 years and I don't remember her doing that before. Have fun with it.
I think you are referring to Jim Palmer, EggCamper Inc. manufacturer, but no, he is referring to another Jim, me, the prior owner of NestEgg. Bill and Pat arrived Sat afternoon after driving non-stop from Atlanta. We hooked up the Egg, exchanged paperwork, and they were off within an hour. It was sad to se her go up the alley, she looked like she was crying .
I'm glad she has a new good home.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Bill & Pat,
Congratulations! You have a wonderful camper and you're sure to enjoy it. We've been enjoying ours for several years now. It certainly lends itself to customization. I saw Jim's handy work in the Poconos this past July. He's a master of modifications.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #6

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill&Pat View Post
We left Marietta 0330 Saturday and arrived back home 63 hrs later at 1830 last night, with about 1800 miles behind us. Enjoyed meeting Jim and reviewing the many improvements he's done, particularly with LED lights. Boondocked the first night by necessity when motels were full and campgrounds not where we needed...and that was just fine. Photos don't do Egg Camper justice. It's wider than we envisioned, very roomy, and not nearly as stark white sterile inside as some of the website pics lead one to conclude. By the time you add cushions and "stuff" it gets real homey. Towed well with the SantaFe, about 13 mpg at 65'ish, hilly route and a/c on.

Will try to post my favorite pic of the trip...stepping out of rest stop seeing our Nessie hooked up to a donor fuel truck...One can dream :-).

Bill
Hi Bill and Pat,

We sold Nest Egg to Jim about this time last year. Such a coincidence that we are also Bill and Pat. I hope you enjoy the quilt and window treatments that I made. We hope to meet you sometime at one of the "egg" rallies.
Happy Camping.

Bill and Pat
BillPatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #7

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPatB View Post
I hope you enjoy the quilt and window treatments that I made.
Just wanted to say that I greatly admired that quilt and window treatment since I saw in on the Eggcamper site when it was first posted there!

Nice to finally find out who made them.
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #8

Trailer: 95 Lite House Trailer for Two
Bill and Pat, the Nest Egg is amazing and we love it more each time we explore it. Already spent two nights including one boondock, and we just now came inside from sitting in it and planning. Rest assured she's in loving hands and will enjoy her Southern exposure. It's fun for us to know the trailer we tow is already a solid memory maker and the trail will continue! Thanks for hatching her with such class.

The other Bill & Pat
Bill&Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #9

Pennsylvania
Registry
Why do I feel like a midwife now!!!
Or is this the feeling an adoptive parent may feel when their child finds their real parents?
Old 10-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Or is this the feeling an adoptive parent may feel when their child finds their real parents?
Hi: cpaharley...Maybe now you'll have room for a grownup 5th. wh. Escape 5.0 ???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
earned my stripes.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #11

Pennsylvania
Registry
As much as I like Escape's, getting a passport and traveling across country and back and then paperwork of importing just makes it unappealing. Too complicated.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
As much as I like Escape's, getting a passport and traveling across country and back and then paperwork of importing just makes it unappealing. Too complicated.
Hi: cpaharley... "The trip is the destination"...and Tammy does all the paperwork, so you just watch them add your plate and you're away!!! The passport is all you need to do, but there's always shipping too.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #13

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
We sold our Bounder motorhome after 10years of marvelous travels. We are happy for the new owners, but also happy for the new opportunities.

Maybe one needs to think of it like one of your children getting married; the child moving on to new adventures while providing new opportunities for you.

Not a loss but the possibility of a gain for all parties.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Traveling can be an adventure or something far less. Depends on attitude and time availability... including dollar budget for fuel and per diem.

The one thing I've never read about is anyone having problems importing a new Escape into the U.S. I would guess that the largest percentage of buyers of the Escape ARE in the U.S. If anyone has the paperwork nailed, it would be Tammy and Reese. We HAVE heard horror stories of folks purchasing US trailers without titles. I would buy an Escape in a heartbeat, but NEVER a trailer without the legal title.

I bet in my lifetime, all U.S. citizens will need a passport. I don't have one right now either, but it's not hard to get, just takes filling out the paperwork and getting that horrible picture taken

So Jim, now that you're trailerless... what's on the horizon?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #15

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Traveling can be an adventure or something far less. Depends on attitude and time availability... including dollar budget for fuel and per diem.

The one thing I've never read about is anyone having problems importing a new Escape into the U.S. I would guess that the largest percentage of buyers of the Escape ARE in the U.S. If anyone has the paperwork nailed, it would be Tammy and Reese. We HAVE heard horror stories of folks purchasing US trailers without titles. I would buy an Escape in a heartbeat, but NEVER a trailer without the legal title.

I bet in my lifetime, all U.S. citizens will need a passport. I don't have one right now either, but it's not hard to get, just takes filling out the paperwork and getting that horrible picture taken

So Jim, now that you're trailerless... what's on the horizon?
Just dreams.....