New 13' Scamp (first RV) need help with basics please - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #15

Name: Jeff T
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Midwest
Items

- 25' fresh water hose should do the trick. I looked until I found a good pliable one that was easy to stow. (remember the electric is only 25' at best so unless you extend the electric any a longer water hose won't be of much use.)

- Brass water pressure regulator is a must.

- A good quality 20' sewer hose. Ours is one piece and collapses easily for storage. A right angle fitting will be extra must have as well.

We created three plastic tote containers. Fresh water, sewer & RV setup. Everything fits and keeps the dirty stuff segregated so we never worry about cross contamination.

The first two are obvious (fresh water & sewer) in what they contain. The setup container keeps wheel chocks, hitch locks, rear stabilizer jack handle, 20AMP to 30AMP connector and items like that.

I also created a specific tool kit for the Scamp. We used garage sales to inexpensively stock this as I never wanted to just grab tools out of the garage and hope I brought essentials each time we chose to travel. I then looked for things that specifically fit the Scamp. (examples; torque wrench, breaker bar, sockets, 12v fuses, 7 pin trailer tester, etc.) If I used tools to make adjustments to the Scamp at home I then duplicated the tool in my RV tool box.

Common sense will lead you to a brand or price point you like with things you purchase. Sounds like your making good choices.

- Jeff

Jeff T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Ordered the following items this week and found camping world to have the best prices even compared to Amazon and other online retailers.

One thing that perplexed me is that I went into the local camping world to buy the items and their prices were much higher than the online store. The person told me that I have to buy a membership to get the online price in store so I just ordered from the online store.

Just a few more things and I think I will be done.

Still need to figure out how to de-winterize it on the way to Florida and re-winterize on the way back from Florida to Colorado.

Watched the Scamp video and seems straight forward then someone posted that the new ones come with a blowout valve s one more thing I need to figure out.

Did I mention that this is our first time and I really have no idea what I am doing

SEWER SOLUTION waste hose and 10ft extension
SewerSolution® System, Boxed - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

I was a bit hesitant at first thinking it was just a gimmick but they get great reviews and people rave about it so I am going to give it a try.

Apex neverkink white 25X5/8
https://www.apexhose.com/rv-marine-drinking-water-hose

Seems flexible and strong and was not very expensive @ $16. I went with the 5/8 over the 1/2 becuase I liked the feel of the end better

Apex grey water hose 25FT
https://www.apexhose.com/gray-water-hose

Just a hose, went with it because of the difference in color = less chance of mixing it up with the fresh water drinking hose

Valterra high flow water regulator
Water Regulator, High Flow, Brass, Lead-Free, Carded - Valterra.com | Valterra.com

No real reason for picking it other than thinking if we go with a larger camper down the road it might supply more water to a larger system

Camco TastePURE water 2 pack with hose protector
TastePURE KDF/Carbon Water Filter - Camco

Not sure if we really needed it or not? Seems like a good idea but I am sure I will learn more as we meet other people and they were somewhat inexpensive.

the_fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #17

Name: claire
Trailer: 2013 casita pd
Texas
dave, congratulations on your acquisition! don't worry too much about buying a lot of stuff at first. i raided my home for pots/pans/bedding/towels, etc and now have been full timing for nearly 4 yrs in my 13ft casita Patriot Deluxe. i store things in a storage unit at one of my rent houses, so i periodically go there and add/subtract items as necessary. it will all come together with time, that was part of the fun, figuring out where to store items, changing them to other locations within the trailer/truck til i got it fine-tuned. enjoy!
clairemr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #18

Colorado
Thanks Claire!

I need to sort through our camping supplies and pick out some stuff to take on the trip like our nesting hard anodized cookware so we should be set there.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #19

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Get a 15 to 30 amp adapter and a 30 to 15 adapter. Get a good 12/3 extension cord its good for more than just an extension.

Get ODORLOS (best choice) or equivalent toilet treatment.
Anyone have some links / tips on the power adapters? There are so many different types I have no idea what to got.

Also on the ODORLOS, how much do I need and liquid or dry?
Search - ODORLOS - Camping World
Old 09-30-2017, 06:41 PM   #20

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I use this one on my Escape to plug in to my garage (15AMP). Trailer plug is 30 AMP.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55165-P...trical+adapter

I used to have one of these, but I like the first one better. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55223-1...trical+adapter
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 07:34 PM   #21

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Scamp gave us one of the adapters when we picked up our 13. Like this but a different brand. Very handy

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-55223-1...SYWWZWCNAFQ0CF

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #22

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
things to get

I am so glad I bought used no bathroom, no shower, no pottie nothing to worry about. what is left is all setup by the previous owner.

with that I am happy for you with your purchase! Good Luck!

k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp