New 19' Escape Trailer Coming Soon!!!! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #71
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I think the spare tire would be in the way.
Anyway, I tied the canoe to the top of the tent trailer, once. I realized when I got to the campground that I had to take it off to raise the trailer and I would have to put it atop the tow vehicle to take it to the launch site in any case. I figure it makes more sense and less work to use the tow vehicle to transport those toys.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Canoe.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	15627

I agree; carrying the canoe on the tow makes it easier to take it down to the water. Also, a side benefit is (it seems to me) it helps move the wind over the truck going down the road for better mileage.

There are several schools of thought about length. Some RV parks require a RV 25' or larger. Some Forestry sites have a limit of 25' maximum. I have also seen a maximum of 22'.

So, as you can see we chose 25' for the most bang for the buck for our Full Timing needs/goals.

The question is, "How are you going to use your trailer, how often are you going to use it and where do you like to go?" We like to Boondock, and we like to camp in Forestry camps like the one in the photo above.

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #72
Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
It is really great to see some new fiberglass coming. I like the floor plans but would like to echo the sentiments about a fore/aft bed or twin beds. If you get up and down at different times the current bed is not fun. I love the floor plan of our trillium 5500 except that the rear bed is not wide enough. We had a mattress specially made and I like using real sheets on the bed but it is difficult for me to climb on it to put them on.

We are also changing the front dinette area so that we can add a comfortable chair. The dinette seats get uncomfortable when you can't be outside.

Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #73
Name: Phil
Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
Send a message via AIM to Phil Underwood

Phil & Denise Underwood
1997 Bigfoot 21 RB
2002 F-250
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote