New 19' Escape Trailer Coming Soon!!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Trailer: Escape Manufacturer
Well.....again.....you asked for it! We have listened to many requests for that 'slightly larger' fiberglass trailer so here we grow again!

Refering to the 17' Escape, the new unit will be 3" taller (interior), 4-5" wider and approx 19' bumper to hitch.

Roof mount A/C, 5.0 cubic foot fridge, queen size bed, larger bathroom/shower.

This is a computer generated mock up so it is not exact.....but close. We are hoping to see the first unit out early January.

As always....looking for comments.

Reace and Tammy

Click image for larger version

Name:	tandem_axle.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	15412

Click image for larger version

Name:	tandem_plan1.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	15413
Reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Wow!
This is pretty exciting, will it have bulks available also?
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #3

Looking more at the pictures and I like the layout of the '17 better (for us) just dreaming that we could have that layout in the 19' mostly the extra size in the main bed.
Can't wait to see one.
Rob
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #4

Trailer: Quantum-5 5th Wheel 1980
Love it!! I am a big fan of dual axle trailers if for no other reason the stability. Keep us posted on your progress and as many pictures as possible as construction progresses.

Ron
Ron Wrighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
This is almost exactly what I am looking for in a trailer. A few custom mods of my own (if needed), and I think we definitely have a winner.
Well Done.

Any idea on the weight or cost?

I have yet to view an Escape, but a fellow member who lives close has offered to show us his. All I have heard is good things though, so am even more eager now than before.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Wow!
This is pretty exciting, will it have bulks available also?

Hi Rob,

Do you mean Bunks?

If so our plan is to have them located over the side dinette.

Tammy
Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
Verrrry Nice!
What kind of a tow weight do you expect this new trailer to have?
Will look forward to seeing the finished product.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi Rob,

Do you mean Bunks?

If so our plan is to have them located over the side dinette.

Tammy
Yes I meant bunks ( I was too excited)
How about tank monitors and larger fresh and grey?
I know I want it all ha ha
Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
that trailer really looks good and as a previous poster stated the tandem axles are great and at 19' this is going to be really nice.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:54 PM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
As always....looking for comments.
I would like to see a possible option list include:
  • 3 or 4 burner range with gas oven
  • solar panel
  • a catalytic heater choice vs. a forced air furnace
  • hard propane tank cover
  • hard spare tire cover

I love my 30 year old Fiber Stream, but this design with your quality would make me really consider buying new...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Well.....again.....you asked for it! We have listened to many requests for that 'slightly larger' fiberglass trailer so here we grow again!
That's a heck of a long trek to the bathroom . . .

baglo
Old 08-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Reace and Tammy... WOW!!! We really love our dual fuel elec/propane water heater!!! Is it in the cards for this Baby Too???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Commercial Member

This version is still just preliminary stages and not set in stone. We are still kicking around another design that would leave the door at the front of the trailer. I will post an updated plan soon.

The unit is projected to have a dry weight of 2600 lbs.

As always, we offer pretty low introductory pricing for those early orders (not yet). I will add a standard feature list with pricing soon.

Reace
Old 08-25-2008, 08:00 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
This version is still just preliminary stages and not set in stone. We are still kicking around another design that would leave the door at the front of the trailer. I will post an updated plan soon.
Groan, another choice You guys are killing me. Here I had almost had my heart set on the 5th wheel, now you throw this at me....

Is the layout you're thinking about like taking the 5th wheel layout and flattening it for a trailer? I REALLY like the big back window for those times when backing into a site and having a wonderful view to look at... like along the Oregon Coast.

Okay, I'll be patient
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #15

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
I like it!!!!!

It is great to see how progressive you are being in a product line that is usually quite stagnant! I think you are the only ones since the original Trillium company in Ontario that hears what the customers are looking for and react to it.

I know our dog will definitely appreciate the larger bed size.

I am sure there will be more than a few suggestions on some of the interior fittings as your design moves forward.

A couple for you to consider now...

If ordered without bunks, an OH cabinet above the dinette could be useful.

If the toilet is at the very rear of the trailer, a small moulded FG toiletries cabinet at the back above the toilet would also be quite useful and probably not get in the way. You might even be able to mould this into the upper portion of the shower liner itself, and just use a small coloured lexan or polycarbonate door on it to avoid moisture problems.

I know that the roof top A/C is a love/hate thing with many people. There is an AC / Heat Pump unit that would make a nice optional alternative and could be mounted in or above the wardrobe for those that had a preference of keeping the overall height lower.

By the way, it was good to meet you both and tour your shop when we were out west in July. I really like the fine details on how your units are put together, such as the reinforcing frame around the doors, and a properly moulded in mounting for the awnings as a starter. Of course, the #1 detail is that there are an absolute minimum of fastners protruding through the body. By the way, how did the exterior lighting experiment work out?
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #16

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 1997 Toyota 4Runner LTD (Draw-Tite WDH
Reace,

John and I loved the Escape trailer that we saw but could not buy one because there was not enough head room. We're happy with the Casita we bought a few years after you and I spoke, but would exchange it for your new, longer Escape if the layout were reversed.

The thing that we absolutely like best about the Casita we bought is that the wrap-around windows are at the REAR of the trailer. This means that when we back into a site, we have a view of whatever is at the back of the site (usually something pretty grand because we camp in state/national/county/provincial parks) rather than a view of the back of our tow vehicle or the back end of someone else's trailer.

We know whereof we speak because our first trailer had the sitting area/sleeping area at the tongue end and we moaned about it continually.

Were you to reverse the layout, we would leap to the Escape. Particularly as we are Canadians.

Cheers,
Elisabeth
E. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #17

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Question: When you say "queen" do you mean an honest-to-God 80x60 inch queen or the smaller "RV queen"?

Suggestion 1: When I redid my PlayPac, I built it to fit a residential queen size mattress in the back. It was kinda big, kinda heavy and being behind the axle caused some minor balance issues - but it was an absolute indulgent dream to sleep on. Let me put it this way: I'm 6' tall and not small in any dimension. The main driving factor for me to go the "trailer" route rather than keep tenting it was comfort and slowly advancing back issues. I try to get a solid 8 hours of sleep a night if possible. In short: Bed comfort is a very important issue to me.

Suggestion 2: It's a major floorspace hog, but you might consider an alternative floor plan with a walk-around queen bed in the front. You can flank the bed at the head with skinny wardrobes and an overhead storage area. I think it's doable if the bathroom is rotated 90 degrees so it takes the corner and the current 'wardrobe' location. The main loss forced by the change is to the kitchen side where you're forced to drop it down to a much shorter length with the fridge under the stove instead of a larger fridge to the side.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Reace,

I saw my first Escape (yours) at the Oregon Rally this year and must say I was impressed. To hear you say that a 19' is in the works, says a lot about your company, it listens to its customers.

My feedback is similar to Elisabeth's layout concerns. I too would like the sleeping/eating area in back for viewing purposes. Being from an area "slightly" warmer than Canada, I like the idea of the roof top AC unit. The bigger the better!

Good luck as you go forward!

brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #19

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
It would be great to see any other ideas for a 19' trailer you come up with. I is great that you are taking feedback from people on your ideas and not just coming out with something and saying "Here it is". Kinda like having a huge design team.
Quote:
The thing that we absolutely like best about the Casita we bought is that the wrap-around windows are at the REAR of the trailer. This means that when we back into a site, we have a view of whatever is at the back of the site (usually something pretty grand because we camp in state/national/county/provincial parks) rather than a view of the back of our tow vehicle or the back end of someone else's trailer.
Good thought.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #20

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yep, I like a rear dinette or "Living" area too, for the above reasons +...

It allows me to see what is going on in my site and around it easier. Last nite, I had a fire going, but was in and out of the trailer. I did not want to douse the fire because I was sitting by it intermittently. Having the living area in the rear allowed me to check the fire while inside, instead of getting up to peek.

The door in front also makes it more handy when hitching etc, as my storage for those supplies is inside the trailer. No walking too far back and forth.

In my 13, that was my only regret about doing the front dinette. My view was the road, not my campsite. With the dinette on the side as you have pictured, it would be a road view too.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape