'New' '71 Boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
I just laid down 900. for a 13 ft '71 Boler which has been in the same family for at least 25 yrs. It looks like it will need some TLC in style and clean up, but for the price! When the woman told me the name of the trailer she said a Bole which was made in Canada. I was pretty sure the title just eliminated the 'r', and was right. I cannot wait to get my hands on it and dig in, but the snow and ice in MN has me holding off picking it up. This joins my '73 Bell and '73 Compact Jr. A few yrs back I had sold my 13 ft '81 Scamp due to the 6'5 boyfriend, lost him and now replaced the Scamp with a less expensive egg. Anyone know how switchable parts are between a Boler and a Scamp as the Scamps are made close to where I live thus very accessible?
Thanks, Upnorth6
Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
When you pick it up we need to see some photos.
Good luck and have fun with it.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #3

Trailer: 1974 13 ft Boler (built in Earlton
Registry
Congratulations on your purchase !, What a great price ! Scamps are a near twin of the boler . The Scamp manufacturer used the same mold a couple years after the boler took flight and as the years progressed so did minor changes . You should have no problem interchanging parts .
Perry Mac Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Men are like buses, another one will be along in 15 minutes But an egg, now that's priceless! There's a few things Scamp has that are a bit different than the Boler... door hinges are three bolt for instance on a Scamp. But remember, other than the shell, frame and interior parts everything else is manufactured by some other company... like refrigerators, awnings, windows, axles, vents, furnaces, A/C, etc. Scamp is a good place to get gasket material, etc.

Plus members here can point you to other resources.

Pictures?

Congratulations!!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Male bashing is located on a separate forum.

Tami, congrats on the Boler. Check out http:/www.bolerama.org and you'll find a whole a bunch of folks with these trailers. We'll look forward, here, to seeing you bring this little beauty to life. Please give us lots of pictures.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler