new 77 scamp in the family "The Hatch" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
hello, my name is Jim
my wife and i just bought a 77 scamp very close to home. its in fair shape for its age. ive always wanted a lil 13'er and finally got one. we will be pulling it with a 05 caravan. im sure i will be posting questions as i begin to explore the world of camping with this lil thing.
i told my wife alot of people personalize there campers and i told her of a silly idea/name for ours, at least for now. being huge LOST fans (the series on ABC) i got to thinking of the hatch that played a big part of the characters lives in season two (only lost fans will know what im rambling on about). anyway, i told her we could have a Dharma theme throughtout the camper and maybe on the outside we could have the Dharma Swan station logo. i also thought it would be interesting to have Hurlys 'numbers' somewhere on the outside. Silly i know, but she seemed to like it. i think anyone who knew the LOST TV series would get a kick out of it.
anyway i was looking it over and was thinking of some updates it could use. it doesnt have a built in heater so thats one thing id like to add. id also like to put new windows in, but wonder how hard this would be to do. the battery now is stored under the bunk area, was wondering if there was a better place to put it. the guy i bought it from moved the water tank from under the dinette area to under the sink, seems fine for now but was thinking of moving it back. seems like theres plenty of info on this website to get me along well enough so that will help. the shell itself has a few cracks here and there and even a small chunk missing around the front lower edge and rear lower edge, can i fix these?
well thats my intro. ill attach a pic of our 77 next to my 64 dart. they both fit in our garage nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
000_0339.JPG  
JRiefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #2

heres a pic of the kitchen area. someone along the line put up some kind of back splash
Attached Thumbnails
000_0336.JPG  
Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #3

most importantly the kids loved it. my sons name is Sam and my daughters name is Halley.
Attached Thumbnails
000_0333.JPG  
Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Hi Jim and welcome to the site.

I havn't a clue what you're talking about with the Lost Series, but themed eggs sure are more fun so good luck with it.

Now, if you're seriously considering replacing the windows you can get new ones from Scamp. I don't know why you would want to do that unless they're damaged but I do need to replace mine in the Boler so would be interested in yours as I like that style.

Good luck with it and let me know on the windows.

PS Looks like there's some work left to do on the Dart, eh?
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:28 AM   #5

as far as windows go, the last ouner said there is some small tricle like leak now and again from the back window and despite looking like it can be opened the front window is caulked up. ill have to be in it while its raining to see for sure.
oh, and no the dart is my daily driver. just kidding
Attached Thumbnails
000_0326.JPG  
Old 10-23-2006, 06:12 AM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Welcome Jim and family! Nice looking lil Scamp. We've seen far newer versions that were in far worse shape

The windows are repairable and can be resealed easy enough. I think you'll find the cost to replace will far exceed what you paid for the trailer! Globbing on silicone on the outside seems to the preferred method of sealing a trailer when folks don't know how to properly pull and replace the butyl tape. But we're here to help you do it properly

Are you going to pull the Scamp with the Dart?

PS: I'm a LOST fan also
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #7

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Congratulations and welcome.

Don't worry about fixing all the little things. The important thing is to get those cute kids out camping. My parents started me camping when I was 2 years old (27 years ago) and I won't stop. It always great to see how much fun kids have when left to invent their own games in the great outdoors. They will never forget the memories of their travels.

Kathy
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hi Jim,

I'm a LOST fan, too. (Just started watching the first episodes - late as usual.) I think your Hatch theme idea is great! Very creative. Congratulations on your new (to you) trailer and welcome to Fiberglass RV.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #9

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Welcome JR
What Kathy said get out there camping
27 + 2 hummmmmmmm and 21 yo kids. even if i use doug's fingers and toes along with mine things dont add up right

Ahh George Burns
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #10

Registry
For all you lost fans, a tried and true method of keeping from being lost is to use a map and compass. Today a GPS does an even better job.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #11

thanks for all the warm welcomes. i guess you guys are right. i should go out and have fun with this thing before i try and Fix It. i wish the dart was done, but it will be a few more years before that time comes, im modernizing it with a new 5.7 hemi engine and uptodate suspension. alot of work yet to do. did really consider hauling The Hatch with it. hhhmmmmm.
Oh, and i like being "lost", except in the city. thanks

Tags
scamp