New Camper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 PM   #15

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Now that he has had a few days to settle in, the kitten has become.. SATANS SPAWN!

What have I done????????
Gina,
We named our cast-away Kitten til we were sure was really abandoned, not just lost. Then we took her for shots, etc and named her Katie, as she was such a demure young lady.

As soon as she was comfortable with us, she began leaping four feet in the air in surprise attacks. So her alternate name is Kato, as in "Not now, Kato!"

How's the cat?
It's Kato, and she's in Attack Mode!
Who, Katie? She's practicing her Yoga right now.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 AM   #16

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Good for you but...OH GAWD!
Here come the kitty jokes.
Seriously though.Mabee you didn't know it yet but that cat had you nailed down the FIRST time you walked in the door. EVERYTHING they do has a reason. It's for us mortals to figure it out. THAT"S why I have a jack. Too much energy even for a cat.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:16 PM   #17

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
The Spawn has discovered the doggie door. I was hoping he would get his outdoor feet on a leash, but any noise sends him scurying back in, so thats OK, I guess. It was bound to happen eventually. Sticky follows him and attempts to keep him in line.. familiarity with the territory gives him an advantage.... for now.

He has taken over the dog toys and they don't dare try to object. I suppose the 100 bucks I spent in cat toys and supplies was meager and offensive to his standards.

I have purchased a spray bottle. I suppose that will be a temporary defense. He has figured out I won't use it if he is sitting on my head.

I must go.. he is trying to eat my bicycle.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #18

Name: Michael
Trailer: Amerigo & Trailmanor (popupish)
Indiana
Can't have cats myself - VERY allergic. Love the little things though.

When we went to the pound to pick up dog #2 (I'm sure I've shared the long version of that story before) I learned a valuable lesson about myself:

I CAN'T GO TO THE POUND!!! If I hadn't forced myself out of there I'd have probably come home with half a dozen dogs.

I'm a total soft touch in that regard.

mkw
Old 11-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #19

Name: Ian or Vicki
Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Explorer Sport Trac
British Columbia
Ah, so much fun eh? We fell for two, yes two, homeless waifs so Luther and Martha, brother and sister, now rule. We took them to the North Oregon gathering a few weeks ago, when they were about eight weeks old, and they had a good time being the belles of the ball. Even snuggled up in the cat cage in the truck, making sure they ate, drank and did the other thing every time we let them out. Made it through a 10-hour driving day! The walls of the Burro delighted them no end. "You carpeted this for us?" they howled in delight as they hung halfway up. So far, they haven't gone outside. We'll wait until the harnesses have a better chance of fitting them.
At home, they terrorize all 800 square feet of our house, and the houseplants now reside on top of the fridge in relative safety, for now anyway. But since Ian is about to use a reciprocating saw on one of our million ongoing renovation projects, this is going to get really interesting ...
Vicki
Old 11-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #20

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I have purchased a spray bottle. I suppose that will be a temporary defense. [b]He has figured out I won't use it if he is sitting on my head.
Oh, go ahead and use it. It's only water, isn't it?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Can't have cats myself - VERY allergic. Love the little things though.

When we went to the pound to pick up dog #2 (I'm sure I've shared the long version of that story before) I learned a valuable lesson about myself:

I CAN'T GO TO THE POUND!!! If I hadn't forced myself out of there I'd have probably come home with half a dozen dogs.

I'm a total soft touch in that regard.

mkw
Back when I had pet rats (Whoops, Long-Tailed Norwegian Hamsters!), I was a member of a rat group and one lady's experience was that whenever she went to the pound, she'd wind up bringing back at least one Rescue Rat. But, she was really into them and sometimes had 50 of them on hand, separated by age, sex and medical quarantine.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #22

West Coast USA
Registry
Yeah, being an avid "Rescue First" rather than a buy a dog person, when I have gone to shelters looking for the perfect buddy, it rips your heart out.

I have only Cat "Shopped" for a rescue once, a very long time ago. This thing from hell came to me the way most all my cats have.. circumstance happened.

I have discovered that when you feed it, it's energy level is increased ten fold, and it's "output" increases...there must be a way around this...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #23

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
OK, Kevin and I just added to the family. We adopted two Munchkin kittens yesterday. They look like Daschund cats. Now we have one of the biggest cats you will see and two of the smallest. They have very short legs. Hilarious to watch as they run and walk! Right now, the kittens are shut in one bedroom away from the iRobot, while the big guy is shut away from them. He's having a tough time. They are eating his food, drinking his water, sitting under the diningroom table which is his special place. The other cat has already begun to make friends.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
munchkieflower.jpg   munchietinkerbell.jpg  

Old 12-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #24

West Coast USA
Registry
They are adorable! I had a black one like yours, colorwise anyway.

Are they dwarfs of some sort or will they grow into their legs?

Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #25

Illinois
Registry
Yes and yes. Their legs will grow, but they will still always be shorter than normal cats. It is a recessive gene for short legs. I was not aware of this, but because they have the gene (and they are just barn kittens), they are considered purebreds.

They are almost miniature versions of our other two big cats. We have one 21 pound black and white rescue and one brown, tiger-striped rescue. Interesting events in the house right now. The 21 pound cat is trying to reestablish that he is king. They just run around him, so he beats up on the third cat. Poor thing. She is trying to make friends. She loves to play with little stuffed animals. These kittens are just like her stuffed animals but they move and speak.

CindyL
Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #26

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Gina, you must put up a Christmas tree. If only to see just how fast a kitten can climb. Gives "tree angel" a whole new meaning. Just remember that you can't have those glass balls within three feet of the ground. If you're wondering why just go ahead and ignore this warning.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:00 PM   #27

West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
Gina, you must put up a Christmas tree.
No No No No No.

This isn't my FIRST cat...I know better
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #28

Illinois
Registry
I bought two fireplace inserts to block off the livingroom. These two little stinkers are chasing the smiley faces on thie forum as I type this. They are so much fun to watch. Even my old curmudgeon cat who is determined to teach them who is king of this castle has moved so he can watch them too.

CindyL