New Casita: TX to AK! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Name: Anders
Trailer: 2010 Coleman 325 37' fifthwheel
Arkansas
Maybe when he gets back from his sheep hunt . . . . .

Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #30

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Quote:
Maybe when he gets back from his sheep hunt . . . . .
SHEEP HUNT!....we don't need no stinking SHEEP HUNT!
WHERE'S ANN!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 AM   #31

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
Arizona
I think Ann got home after the long trek, found the bill for Alaska Joel's new rifle, and he's now living in the Casita with no computer access!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #32

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Quote:
I think Ann got home after the long trek, found the bill for Alaska Joel's new rifle, and he's now living in the Casita with no computer access!
What makes you think he would get the Casita????

Bobbie
Old 09-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #33

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Well the oldtimers like to tell that Ann fell in love with the casita, turned south with the dog at her side and has never been seen or heard of since.

Word has it that Alaska Joel is wandering around the bars in Fairbanks singing country music songs at Karaoke tournaments wearing nothing but sheepskins.

Rumors and sightings abound about a brand new casita with a woman and a dog appearing at KOA campgrounds from Washington to Wyoming, but whenever someone approaches the ghostly image disappears.

Don't know if the mystery will ever be solved, but there you have it.......
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #34

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Have you seen this woman?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ann.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	9971

Last seen on US 83 50 miles south of Valentine, Nebraska waving her hands wildly in the air.
If seen contact www.fiberglassrv.com
And send pictures!
Also seeking the whereabouts of one "Alaska Joel".

Name:	Remington_man.gif
Views:	29
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	9972
Old 09-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #35

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Okay, this is not fair! It's like reading a book almost to the end and finding the last few pages have been torn out! Maybe Ann doesn't know how to get on fiberglassRV (didn't Joel say he's new to the site?) and can't write the ending to the story! Hopefully he'll get back from sheephunting soon and fill us in!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:18 AM   #36

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
The Stinker didn't even post on the 1st....he wasn't leaving until the 2nd. Must have been playing with the new scope.

If he's out hunting until Sept. 20th we got another 2 weeks to wait until we hear the end of Ann's travels.
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #37

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Is it time to put their pictures on milk cartons?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 AM   #38

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe Bunk Bed Model
Hello all,

First off, apologies on not posting on the 1st of September. I was up late that night going over final gear check and packing. For all the sheep hunters out there my pack weight was 50 lbs heading in for 7 days, not including my rifle but including two full liters of water.

Ann arrived! I didn't actually lay eyes on her or the trailer until around 9:00am this morning when I rolled into town from Coldfoot. I did go hunting for one week and I left early on the 2nd of September, my 31st birthday, while Ann rolled into Fairbanks from Whitehorse later that evening to reunite with the little ones and all the grandparents who rallied to look after them. So we missed each other that day and I was up in the mountains until late last night.

Ann averaged a little over 600 miles a day the last two days of her journey so she could get into town without the girls spending a night without her. What a champ! She completely washed and scrubbed the trailer down and then hand waxed the entire thing except for the very top. I got the full tour from her today, complete with birthday gifts and a cake, from top to bottom - inside and out. What a treat! Greta and Sadie couldn't be more thrilled with the bunk beds and I'm impressed with the length of bench that it folds into. Four skinny adults could easily sit side by side and eat lunch off of a paper plate in their laps if neccessary. And when we are on the Copper River dipnetting and the wind is blowing glacier silt 400 miles an hour it is going to be neccessary.

We now have a brand new egg with 4000 miles on it, of course, and it weathered the trip pretty well. We lost both front light covers and lights to rocks and there are miscellaneous nicks along the bottom of the front of the trailer and in the wheel wells. The new pickup came with a hitch but I forgot to ask about mud flaps so those are obviously in order for our full time pickup. I'm wondering if nicks in the wheel well of the trailer can be avoided? Otherwise, is there a little pock mark patching I should do to the front? Except for the road wear from rocks, expected in Alaska, everything else appears perfect.

Question already: what are folks putting down in the floor of the shower? Drain mats? Seems like if you run the shower a little there is always a puddle that doesn't drain. Maybe the trailer isn't level or something.

Let's see. First impressions are that I love the awning and the porch light. Second impressions are that I'm glad we upped to vinyl. Third impressions are that the trailer is perfect. We are going to squeeze in an overnight trip this weekend before we put her to bed for winter. Mornings are a little frosty but there isn't any snow so we shouldn't have trouble pulling and this might be the last weekend available for a long time.

There is more to cover, i.e. selling the truck, so I'm going to keep updating frequently. I'll fill in about the weekend overnighter as well. For now I've attached a picture of the happy family taken this evening in the dining wing. Good night!

Joel

Name:	P1010078.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	10038
Old 09-11-2007, 02:20 AM   #39

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
HURRAY!
And now we know the rest of the story - or the end of this first chapter, anyway

Yup, not too many camping weekends remaining before freeze-up (But the crowds have thinned out considerably!)

I wonder if a little squeegee would help with the shower puddle...
Old 09-11-2007, 04:55 AM   #40

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Beautiful little girls, and I admire your wife, taking that trip solo. Glad she made it home okay!

Bobbie
Old 09-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #41

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
...and,

<blockquote>
Did you get your sheep?</blockquote>
Old 09-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #42

Name: Pat & Bob
Trailer: Evergreen
Mississippi
Dear Joel, Ann and girls,
So very, very glad to hear that you made it back to your beautiful family! We lived in Alaska, courtesy of the US Coast Guard for over 10 years off and on, mostly in Kodiak and Juneau. Then we led 10 RV caravans throughout the state. Can't wait to go back!!
You had asked what folks put on their shower floors. We bought 4 Dri-Dek squares from West Marine and will trim them down a bit to fit. They are a flexible rubber/plastic material and other boating supply stores should have them in stock if there is no West Marine in your area.
Enjoy your new Egg!! We pick ours up on October 4th. By all means, do 'thumb through' the Casita Club and Casita Travel Trailer Forums . They offer a wealth of information.
Happy trails and safe travels,
Pat

2012 Ford Expedition
PatandBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita