New Casita: TX to AK! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #41

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
...and,

<blockquote>
Did you get your sheep?</blockquote>
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #42

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Dear Joel, Ann and girls,
So very, very glad to hear that you made it back to your beautiful family! We lived in Alaska, courtesy of the US Coast Guard for over 10 years off and on, mostly in Kodiak and Juneau. Then we led 10 RV caravans throughout the state. Can't wait to go back!!
You had asked what folks put on their shower floors. We bought 4 Dri-Dek squares from West Marine and will trim them down a bit to fit. They are a flexible rubber/plastic material and other boating supply stores should have them in stock if there is no West Marine in your area.
Enjoy your new Egg!! We pick ours up on October 4th. By all means, do 'thumb through' the Casita Club and Casita Travel Trailer Forums . They offer a wealth of information.
Happy trails and safe travels,
Pat
PatandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 PM   #43

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe Bunk Bed Model
I didn't want to hog too much of my wife's story with my sheep hunting exploits, because I can talk sheep hunting all day, but I ended up putting a grueling stalk on a beautiful ram who spotted me at the last minute. 8 hours of climbing and hiking and side-hilling came down to 2 seconds when I pulled my gun up on the fly and shot too low. One of my hunting partners did get a sheep, though, and my other buddy took a caribou so I got plenty of opportunity to haul heavy packs across the tundra for a few days. I think I might even lose a toenail or two, which is a good sign that we earned our dinner.

Thank you all so much for the kind words of advice and encouragement. I am printing off the posts so Ann can read them, which she hasn't had a chance to yet, and I am getting started on waxing the top of the trailer tonight. I got a tutorial on retracting the awning this afternoon and spent a few more minutes sitting on the couch in the living wing of the Casita just soaking it in.

The leaves have started turning colors and falling here so it will be time soon to pull out the ubiquitous blue tarp and drag it over the egg. Aspen trees here have very acidic leaves and stain everything that is left under them black. Anyway, it's too soon for that. We are heading out over Saturday and Sunday on the maiden family voyage and will be spending time naming the Casita then as well. More soon!
Alaska Joel Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #44

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Thanks for filling us in and congratulations to Ann on her long journey. It looks like you have a lovely family and that your new casita will be home to lots of other great adventures, too. Hope you keep us up to date on all of them.
Thanks for sharing with us and enjoy your maiden voyage.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #45

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Well, there are only two possible names so wouldn't spend too much time on it.

Either Casheep or Sheepita.........

Enjoy your break in trip!
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:52 PM   #46

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I have four blue Dri-Dek squares in mine, put in by the previous owner. I can't imagine using the shower without them! It feels cleaner to be standing on them, rather than a floor that water puddles on. Pull the tiles out and hose them down when you scrub out the shower. Easy. Wish I had them in my shower at home! By the way, do you have a lever underneath in the front of the Casita that needs to be pulled when you shower so the water will drain? I didn't quite understand how it all worked and we had standing water in the shower the first trip out. We still end up with a little puddle here and there, even with the drain open.

Thanks for the pics of your family, glad Ann got back safe and sound. Enjoy your Casita!

Quote:
Dear Joel, Ann and girls,
So very, very glad to hear that you made it back to your beautiful family! We lived in Alaska, courtesy of the US Coast Guard for over 10 years off and on, mostly in Kodiak and Juneau. Then we led 10 RV caravans throughout the state. Can't wait to go back!!
You had asked what folks put on their shower floors. We bought 4 Dri-Dek squares from West Marine and will trim them down a bit to fit. They are a flexible rubber/plastic material and other boating supply stores should have them in stock if there is no West Marine in your area.
Enjoy your new Egg!! We pick ours up on October 4th. By all means, do 'thumb through' the Casita Club and Casita Travel Trailer Forums . They offer a wealth of information.
Happy trails and safe travels,
Pat
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 AM   #47
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
What an adventure! Thanks for sharing it with us.

I, too, use the dri-dek squares. I also use a small bath mat on top of that. At shower time, the mat goes outside the bathroom door to step on and the other times it helps keep the dirt off the shower floor.

What a wonderful family, too! Thanks for posting the picture.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita