New Escape 21' model - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2012, 06:31 AM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
New Escape 21' model

Escape Industries is expanding their model line to include a new 21' model with front n/s bed and rear dinette. Price and weight specifications are still unknown.
Attached Images

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Interesting. When they introduced the 15 ft it competed with the 13 ft. I would think a 21 ft will sell for about the same cost as the fifth wheel. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's a couple of bigger pictures and you do know... the picture of the trailer is a Photoshop rendering!
Click image for larger version

Name:	21_Floorplan.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	49330

Check out the size of the refrigerator!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	21_Trailer.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	49331
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #4

Name: Lew
Trailer: none
Pennsylvania
I really like that layout!
BigLew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I'll wait to see what Reace and Tammy come up with for Plans B and C. That's a lot of trailer to work with.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Dang! Now where talking! Thats my dream layout....... may be my new dream trailer as well.....

edit: actually just realize that the bed was at the front.... hummm I would liek the plan better flipped around.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I would like the plan better flipped around.
Sounds like a plan B to me.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Floorplan LOOKS like a mirror image (Reversed front to back) of a Bigfoot 21 RB. Lookin' forward to seeing it 'in the flesh"!

Escape does some the very BEST-built, most well-crafted units around - this could easily be a real winner for them, as the F/G market is currently underserved in anything over a 19
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
edit: actually just realize that the bed was at the front.... hummm I would liek the plan better flipped around.
You like looking at your tug while eating a meal? NOT me, gotta look out the back at a lake, ocean or even trees.

Different strokes for different folks
Old 07-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #10

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I can understand the desire for Escape to broaden their offerings. Certainly it provides more opportunity in a down market. I read someone compare it to a 21 foot Bigfoot. For some an Escape 21 will not be big enough and a 25 foot Escape (Bigfoot) will be required.

Certainly I wish Escape well; we all want these Fiberglass manufacturers to be successful.

I do wonder about getting larger. Today I was approached by two people at a "welcoming" seeking smaller rigs.

For two days we have stopped in the Oregon Escapee park, there are unfilled sites, unusual for this time of the year. We have seen the same story in many parks this year. I do wonder about the market for heavier, bigger rigs.

My desire is a lighter, more functional rig.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #11

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
It's not just longer; it's heavier. And over on the ROTI site, one respondent on the review page says he wonders why Escape can't produce a fiberglass interior liner and avoid the swelling and warping of wood and fiberbd. That's an easy one! The "clean room" look can't compete with a house beautiful on wheels. Or can it? Thousands of starkly utilitarian cookiecutter crash pads on one hand vs. a blingy subcompact park model which won't remind you of a cattle car. Which would I choose? I'd like to have the bucks to give me a choice. Maybe they're attempting to fill the shoes of really Bigfeet.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You like looking at your tug while eating a meal? NOT me, gotta look out the back at a lake, ocean or even trees.

Different strokes for different folks
I actually hadnt looked at that way but now that I have I agree - good plan!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
....says he wonders why Escape can't produce a fiberglass interior liner and avoid the swelling and warping of wood...
jack
Sounds like that individual is thinking of a stick built trailer. I haven't heard of any Escapes that have a problem with swelling and warping wood. Has anyone? And my all wood 24 year old Scamp certainly hasn't had any. Wood interiors allow a multitude of manufacturers and owner modifications, not so when there's a molded interior. What I'd like to see is a white wood interior. Deb's&Chuck's 21 foot Bigfoot is beautiful inside with the white wood... like it's stained or pickled, not painted. It really makes it seem huge inside.

Should be interesting to see the final product(s), but isn't speculation fun!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #14

Name: Dave
Trailer: ,Bigfoot 25 foot plus Surfside 14 foot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
I can understand the desire for Escape to broaden their offerings. Certainly it provides more opportunity in a down market. I read someone compare it to a 21 foot Bigfoot. For some an Escape 21 will not be big enough and a 25 foot Escape (Bigfoot) will be required.

Certainly I wish Escape well; we all want these Fiberglass manufacturers to be successful.

I do wonder about getting larger. Today I was approached by two people at a "welcoming" seeking smaller rigs.

For two days we have stopped in the Oregon Escapee park, there are unfilled sites, unusual for this time of the year. We have seen the same story in many parks this year. I do wonder about the market for heavier, bigger rigs.
I'm not sure if that is always 100% the reason. I've seen a few campgrounds that have empty spaces in the SMALL sites, but the spots for bigger units are full. (and, like Norm, I've seen the opposite, as well)

(and no, I have no explanation for either case!)

As I've noted before, if Bigfoot or Escape would build a MOLDED glass trailer in the 30 foot range, they can mark the first one as having been pre-sold and put my name on it. We would have very happily bought that Bigfoot 28 foot Silver Cloud, but neither of us cared for the floorplan. (Diff people like diff plans - that one was Beautiful but we want a REAR bed , not a rear living/dining room. (Yes, Donna, we'd rather spend our "awake hours" at the hitch end, and we'd really rather have have guests enter through in the living/dining room end, not the bedroom!)
BCDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #15

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Isn't it fun to speculate on someone elses dime. As long as the basic build philosophy doesn't change...any length Escape will be a hit!!!
The customers are always the winners at Escape.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #16

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I think the naysayer on ROTI was thinking of Burros, Uhauls and Eggcampers, Donna. I want one of everything but wouldn't want to tow some; wouldn't want to maintain most.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #17

What's ROTI?
(other than the food)
Old 07-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
ROTI = RV, RV reviews, news and views. RV consumer reviews and more - Roaming Times Lots of trailer info.
GPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
I think the naysayer on ROTI was thinking of Burros, Uhauls and Eggcampers, Donna. I want one of everything but wouldn't want to tow some; wouldn't want to maintain most.

jack
Did a google on the naysayer and they are hauling a stick weighing over 4000lbs........ forgot to mention what he has is apparently leaking ;-))
Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #20
GPJ

Name: GP
Trailer: Looking
British Columbia
I think that folks are getting too defensive over the comment in the Escape page on ROTI. I read it as the guy saying he wished that he could get a fiberglass interior so as to avoid the problems he had (with his sticky). Kinda patting the fiberglass trailers with fiberglass interiors on the back.

Elsewhere on the ROTI forum he states:

"Our family purchased a viewfinder and we had leakage from poor caulking around windows and faulty stabilizers in rear plus other problems. So far problems are being addressed under warranty but not sure what will happen when warranty runs out. "

Elsewhere he talks about his negative experiences towing this 4000lb trailer with his Tacoma.

Anyway, he seems to appreciate the qualities of our beloved eggs.
GPJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape