New Escape with twin beds - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
the Escape 5.0 offer twin bed options.
No. The Escape 5.0TA has a queen bed size loft. Any twin bed(s) in the loft is an owner modification. I have ONE twin in the loft. But it's full-size. There is not room for two full-size twins in the loft.
__________________

__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2018 Casita Independence
Texas
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No. The Escape 5.0TA has a queen bed size loft. Any twin bed(s) in the loft is an owner modification. I have ONE twin in the loft. But it's full-size. There is not room for two full-size twins in the loft.
I just spoke with Melissa at Escape and they do offer the twin bed arrangement in the 5.0. Each bed is 36' x 74" and the isle down the middle between the two beds is approximately 20-24" wide. The cost to do this upgrade is $375.00. Do note the beds are pushed up closer to the side walls on each, thus is where you get the isle spacing down the middle. I was happy to hear this from Escape, it now gives us another direction to go as I think this could work for us. Melissa is sending us pics on how this upgrade looks, I'm curious to see them.

trainman
__________________

trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Melissa is sending us pics on how this upgrade looks, I'm curious to see them. trainman
Post them here, others will be too.
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2018 Casita Independence
Texas
Posts: 232
Here is what Melisa sent, it would be nice to have a little wider aisle, but we can roll over to our knees and back down the steps. Plus you are getting two 36" wide beds, so it's like all trailers there always trade-off regardless of what trailer you have.

trainman
Attached Thumbnails
Twin Beds.jpg  
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,754
Thanks John. First time I've EVER seen this. They've done away with the cubbies up front to fit the mattresses in. They must be a custom size too. A twin is 38".
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 1,762
Registry
Compared to other molded FG twins, these are large. Oliver twins are 29 +/- inches wide. Casita Independence twins are 30 inches wide as well. 36 inches is 20% more.

IMHO, good compromise on the center aisle. Either you get wider beds, or a wider aisle. I think they made the right choice, making the beds wider.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:38 AM   #21
CPW
Senior Member
 
CPW's Avatar
 
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Posts: 1,128
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
Compared to other molded FG twins, these are large. Oliver twins are 29 +/- inches wide. Casita Independence twins are 30 inches wide as well. 36 inches is 20% more.

IMHO, good compromise on the center aisle. Either you get wider beds, or a wider aisle. I think they made the right choice, making the beds wider.
Well, IMHO an aisle is something that you can walk in together to a given location. To anyone who owns or has ever been in a 5.0TA, it is obvious that you are not going to walk in this “aisle” unless you are only 34 inches tall. To me, unless you insist on sleeping on separate mattresses, this is an utterly useless configuration. Escape typically installs a full queen-sized mattress (60 x 80 inches). With it one retains the cubbies and approximately 1 foot of “storage” space on both sides of the bed. In our case, the television travels face down on the carpet on one side of the bed as does the clothes hamper (essentially a large wastebasket). Also, the space is used for a camera bag, the laptop, and a divided folder containing all literature pertaining to the trailer (also, a “safe” location for eyeglasses when sleeping). These two side spaces are “out of traffic” and are contained by the mattress so things are unable to slide around. I doubt anyone would use a center aisle for storage, so again, IMHO, a really poor modification.
CPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:12 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
To me, unless you insist on sleeping on separate mattresses, this is an utterly useless configuration............ I doubt anyone would use a center aisle for storage, so again, IMHO, a really poor modification.
There have been plenty of people asking about twin beds in Escapes. For various reasons couples often choose to sleep separately. This is a far better solution than making the dinette into a bed every night or needing to buy a different brand of trailer to get the sleeping arrangement one wishes to have. Obviously it's not for everyone, nothing is. But I see this as a great solution for those that need/want it.


IMHO there are two things necessary in any all-molded towable. A comfortable place to sleep and a comfortable place to sit inside. Everything else, including storage is gravy.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:16 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Name: John
Trailer: 2018 Casita Independence
Texas
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Well, IMHO an aisle is something that you can walk in together to a given location. To anyone who owns or has ever been in a 5.0TA, it is obvious that you are not going to walk in this “aisle” unless you are only 34 inches tall. To me, unless you insist on sleeping on separate mattresses, this is an utterly useless configuration. Escape typically installs a full queen-sized mattress (60 x 80 inches). With it one retains the cubbies and approximately 1 foot of “storage” space on both sides of the bed. In our case, the television travels face down on the carpet on one side of the bed as does the clothes hamper (essentially a large wastebasket). Also, the space is used for a camera bag, the laptop, and a divided folder containing all literature pertaining to the trailer (also, a “safe” location for eyeglasses when sleeping). These two side spaces are “out of traffic” and are contained by the mattress so things are unable to slide around. I doubt anyone would use a center aisle for storage, so again, IMHO, a really poor modification.
Rather then go into it I will just put you down as a NO on this. This was only posted by me to see what was out there in the Escape world as far as twin bed options, if any. So far Oliver and Bigfoot have the better idea on twin beds, but now there is a third way at a less expensive cost, if crawling around on your hands and knees is your thing, haven't really decided if we want to do that yet.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:29 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Posts: 1,762
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Well, IMHO an aisle is something that you can walk in together to a given location. To anyone who owns or has ever been in a 5.0TA, it is obvious that you are not going to walk in this “aisle” unless you are only 34 inches tall. To me, unless you insist on sleeping on separate mattresses, this is an utterly useless configuration. Escape typically installs a full queen-sized mattress (60 x 80 inches). .
My wife given a 60 inch wide bed tends to take up at least 50 inches of it (no joke). Its just how it goes. So a twin gives me a chance to have more than a 10 inch slot. Hence the need for twins at home. On our 19, about half the time, we are using the front dinette AND the rear bed for this reason.

We had a crawl in fifth wheel bed area in the past. Not an issue for us.

Narrow slot is good for storing camp chairs and similar shaped items.

Its just another option. Some will want it, many won't. Escape has a long list of options for their trailers. It allows people to save money on the trailer by just getting the standard stuff, while others can customize the trailer to fit their needs.

If I ever buy a TA, it will have the twin option.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita 17 ft DLX SD & 21 ft SOB
NW Wisconsin
Posts: 3,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Rather then go into it I will just put you down as a NO on this. This was only posted by me to see what was out there in the Escape world as far as twin bed options, if any. So far Oliver and Bigfoot have the better idea on twin beds, but now there is a third way at a less expensive cost, if crawling around on your hands and knees is your thing, haven't really decided if we want to do that yet.

trainman
Put me down as a NO also . Pretending that the space created by cutting the standard mattress into two pieces creates an aisle is , well enough said
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:46 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Put me down as a NO also . Pretending that the space created by cutting the standard mattress into two pieces creates an aisle is , well enough said
Humm, I don't see it as an aisle or a storage space, but a good way to separate two mattresses (one sleeper not disturbing the other) and allowing bedding to naturally hang down the mattress. Both mattresses could be moved a bit closer together too which would allow some (limited) storage on the outside of both.


Y'all need to use a bit of your imagination....
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 06:58 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 7,437
Registry
It is not "half a standard mattress," Steve. 36"+36" = 72" of sleeping space, with or without an "aisle," versus 60" in the standard queen. That's significant for some people.

Other than a basket or tray for small personal items, I don't see a lot of need for storage in the loft. It's not like you'll be dressing up there.

Though I doubt I'll ever buy a trailer that large, I like it. Choices are good.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:29 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Posts: 698
I don't have a dog in this fight, but currently owning both an EggCamper (sideways bed located in the rear; open on one side) and an Escape 21' (lengthwise bed in the front; open at foot and one side), the real issue to me is, can one person get in and out of bed without crawling over or otherwise disturbing the other. It appears to me that "dual" beds in the loft of a 5.0TA (call them "twins", if you like) is an additional option for addressing that concern, for those who have that concern. And if that is of no concern to someone, then it seems this thread should be of no concern to them.
__________________

War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
escape


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Casita Liberty twin beds Keith Williams Modifications, Alterations and Updates 22 06-07-2014 02:12 PM
Twin Beds in a Parkliner? Reggie Jones General Chat 4 07-12-2013 07:49 AM
Twin Beds in the Spirit Deluxe Sharon G Modifications, Alterations and Updates 22 01-15-2012 05:53 PM
2005 Bigfoot 25' - twin beds Trusty2010 Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 3 12-08-2010 09:33 PM
Twin Beds Legacy Posts Modifications, Alterations and Updates 4 10-03-2002 01:23 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.