New Escape with twin beds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
New Escape with twin beds

Does anyone know if Escape will build, or builds the 19' or 21' models with twin beds. We have the Casita with twin beds and really like the way it is for sleeping and getting up in the middle of the night, not having to climb over each other. I don't see it offered on there website, but just maybe someone has talked with them about this and could offer what they have said about this. Thanks.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's not enough room to change the double-bed in the 21' to two twins. Not even the queen in the 19' to two twins. Remember, two twins = king size.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
There was a recent build w/pictures of an E-21 with a twin in the front and one across the back on the Escape Forum.
Eddie
thread 1986
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...-8031-199.html
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
There was a recent build w/pictures of an E-21 with a twin in the front and one across the back on the Escape Forum.
Eddie
thread 1986
It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 199 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Yep, one twin. Not twinS. I also have a twin bed, just one in the loft.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
the almost-queen in the E21, you /can/ get up without disturbing the other. the more agile person sleeps on the street side, flip their covers towards the middle of the bed and skinny down to the foot of the bed. the curb side of the almost-queen, the bath wall is only about 2/3rds the length, so they don't have as far to shimmy down...

we had a casita spirit and the bed was just way too small for both of us. the bed in the e21 is far more comfortable.

the full queen on the e19 is crosswise, so this isn't an option.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Escape fifth wheel for the win.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
the almost-queen in the E21, you /can/ get up without disturbing the other. the more agile person sleeps on the street side, flip their covers towards the middle of the bed and skinny down to the foot of the bed. the curb side of the almost-queen, the bath wall is only about 2/3rds the length, so they don't have as far to shimmy down...

we had a casita spirit and the bed was just way too small for both of us. the bed in the e21 is far more comfortable.

the full queen on the e19 is crosswise, so this isn't an option.
The bed in an Escape 21 is 54” in width , the bed in our Casita is 54” in width
The bed in the Escape is slightly longer . The size of the beds are roughly the same but the orientation is different . We found the size of the beds in either trailer work well , the orientation in the Casita can be an issue.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #8

Name: Fredrick
Trailer: Escape 21C
Tennessee
Cool Twins

The 2 rear twin beds in our Casita Independence 17' are 31"X83" long. The space between is simple to use w/o waking up yer partner. We keep one table top in the closet and hardly even use it, as w hate to eat inside while camping. We did use both table tops once to make up a king size bed for one night when our daughter joined us. We usually leave one table top and stanchion at home when it's just we two..........
Fred762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
it might be 72x54, but thats only in the middle. the round corners take a big bite out of the back half of that bed.

i'm 6'0" tall and can barely sleep in the casita main bed when I'm alone... my wife insisted on the outside of the bed, leaving me with the barely 5' long corner to round corner, it just did not work for us, i ended up sleeping on the dinette when we were 2-up.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:32 PM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
it might be 72x54, but thats only in the middle. the round corners take a big bite out of the back half of that bed.

i'm 6'0" tall and can barely sleep in the casita main bed when I'm alone... my wife insisted on the outside of the bed, leaving me with the barely 5' long corner to round corner, it just did not work for us, i ended up sleeping on the dinette when we were 2-up.
I’m 6’2” and have never had a problem sleeping in either bed (Casita or Escape ) or on either side of the bed
Crawling over my wife in the middle of the night is a different subject
It’s all based on personal preference and comfort level .
We have a full size foam mattress in our Casita and it fit without modification
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:07 PM   #11

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I find a 28" bed to be plenty wide enough for solo sleeping, a 24" is too tight in my shoulders if there is something on both sides of it at the top end. That makes it difficult to turn over, get in and out of the bed or read in bed.

I sleep on my side, I rarely turn over in my sleep, my body is compacted, my knees are bent, I am not a light or restless sleeper. Being a woman my shoulders are narrower than a man's and shoulder width makes quite a big difference in how wide of a bed is wide enough. The standard for twin beds is 38" wide, that is wide enough for a man's shoulders but the length of a twin is not long enough for most men over 5'10" as feet point out when we relax so that makes a person several inches taller than their standing height when they are sleeping on their back or stomach. If you sleep on your side then your knees are typically bent which makes you shorter than your standing height.

So bed size is a very personal fit and it depends on a number of factors. A 31" wide bed will not work for all adults and especially so for wide shouldered men or restless sleepers who turn over a lot during the night, or those who stretch their limbs out when asleep. If your hands, arms and legs are dangling off the bed you won't be comfortable with a narrow bed. It is important to know what you truly need for mattress size for a good nights sleep when you go shopping for an RV. Just because there are two beds does not mean it is suitable for both of the individuals who occupy the beds.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
New Escape with twin beds

So true! When the kids are outside in a tent, my wife (who is actually quite petite) likes to have the 45" dinette bed all to herself in our Scamp 13. Although I am bigger by several inches in every direction, I sleep quite comfortably in the 24" front lower bunk. She likes her space and I like my "den."

Nice thing about mismatched "twin" beds is the larger can accommodate both of us when desired.

Matching side-by-side twin beds look good in pictures, but there are other ways to have separate sleeping spaces in a small trailer.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #13

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Oliver offers twin beds, and Lil' Snoozy had a twin option some years ago but no longer.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #14

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred762 View Post
The 2 rear twin beds in our Casita Independence 17' are 31"X83" long. The space between is simple to use w/o waking up yer partner. We keep one table top in the closet and hardly even use it, as w hate to eat inside while camping. We did use both table tops once to make up a king size bed for one night when our daughter joined us. We usually leave one table top and stanchion at home when it's just we two..........
We have the Independence and do exactly as you do, works just fine for us. We just wanted to know what other twin bed options are out there in a larger trailer, so far only Oliver, Bigfoot, and the Escape 5.0 offer twin bed options. Our goal someday is to end-up with a fiberglass trailer that has both twin beds and an dinette area that is always in place, we don't want to have to move things around to make one or the other.

trainman
Old 10-30-2018, 07:35 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
the Escape 5.0 offer twin bed options.
No. The Escape 5.0TA has a queen bed size loft. Any twin bed(s) in the loft is an owner modification. I have ONE twin in the loft. But it's full-size. There is not room for two full-size twins in the loft.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #16

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No. The Escape 5.0TA has a queen bed size loft. Any twin bed(s) in the loft is an owner modification. I have ONE twin in the loft. But it's full-size. There is not room for two full-size twins in the loft.
I just spoke with Melissa at Escape and they do offer the twin bed arrangement in the 5.0. Each bed is 36' x 74" and the isle down the middle between the two beds is approximately 20-24" wide. The cost to do this upgrade is $375.00. Do note the beds are pushed up closer to the side walls on each, thus is where you get the isle spacing down the middle. I was happy to hear this from Escape, it now gives us another direction to go as I think this could work for us. Melissa is sending us pics on how this upgrade looks, I'm curious to see them.

trainman
Old 10-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #17

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Melissa is sending us pics on how this upgrade looks, I'm curious to see them. trainman
Post them here, others will be too.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #18

Texas
Here is what Melisa sent, it would be nice to have a little wider aisle, but we can roll over to our knees and back down the steps. Plus you are getting two 36" wide beds, so it's like all trailers there always trade-off regardless of what trailer you have.

trainman
Attached Thumbnails
Twin Beds.jpg  
Old 10-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #19

Thanks John. First time I've EVER seen this. They've done away with the cubbies up front to fit the mattresses in. They must be a custom size too. A twin is 38".
Old 10-30-2018, 02:26 PM   #20

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Compared to other molded FG twins, these are large. Oliver twins are 29 +/- inches wide. Casita Independence twins are 30 inches wide as well. 36 inches is 20% more.

IMHO, good compromise on the center aisle. Either you get wider beds, or a wider aisle. I think they made the right choice, making the beds wider.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape