New FG Manufacturer? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2011, 08:29 AM   #71

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
Chandler,

Nice pics. Your table system looks very interesting. Makes the most out of the least. Your camper looks really nice. Hope you sell lots.

Art

Old 04-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #72

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry

Thank you very much for posting the additional pictures, Chandler. I for one, like what I see. There is a front window in the exterior picture, where is it in the interior? What is the # 120v and 12v outlets and location, I see one by the side dinette. Where would a/c be located? Also, where is vent for the propane furnace, it is not shown on outside?

Old 04-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #73

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Just got off the phone with Chandler who was kind enough to answer some of my questions.
The picture first shown is one of the original trailers without the furnace nor hot water heater with the associated exterior vent covers your normally see. Both of these are on the curb side. The street side rear has batteries in a vented container and the fresh water tank- both behind the wheel well. This weight should lower the tongue weight as he specified. The a/c would be on street side, under the dinette seat.
There are 4x 120v outlets, 2 in kitchen area, one rear dinette, one side dinette. One exterior outlet. There is room for a small electric coffee maker to sit behind the sink.
There will be either a window or a vent in the bathroom or possibly both.
He seems eager to please and open to suggestions and will make the trailer as personal as he can. It is nice to be able to speak with the owner/builder of a product today, I have spoken with Jim Palmer of the EggCamper many times and was impressed with that ability and Chandler seems to be doing the same here. I look forward to watching this egg hatch here on the forum. Sorry Reace, I have not spoken with you yet!
Chandler also said that the belly band is where the top and bottom are attached via the bottom slipping inside the top 2-3" so that there is no chance of leakage as exists in other brands. Same set up is exhibited in the shower where the top slides over the bottom base.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #74

Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Registry
WOWSER Chandler----excellent!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #75
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Very nice trailer, Chandler!

Moderators, don't you think that there are enough pix for an addition to the albums?

CindyL
Yep, of course you are right, CindyL. The problem is our Album software is no longer supported and we are moving things to the new Gallery software.

By the way, Chandler, that's a sweet looking trailer you've got there!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #76

Trailer: Casita
I never did think I would change my mind about Casita's but the storeage is something to look at...........
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #77

Oh..no....just sew a picture of a port-pot, if I got mass with that, I might as all get a tent, Back to Casita....
Old 04-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #78

New River AZ
I saw in their website about a porta potti but i also saw a mention about a "black tank" (they still have a shower room) hopefully chandler will answer that question here.
Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #79

Pennsylvania
Registry
I assumed the "black tank" is the one attached to the port-a-potty.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #80

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
the website trailer specs say "5 gal blackwater tank (for toilet)"
the slide show photo did not look 5 gallons to me so i figured it's still in the prototype phase with something else on the way.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #81

Name: Herb
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Arizona
Many european trailers use Cassette Toilets, which are sort of a cross between a potty and a built in unit.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #82

New River AZ
Others may feel differently but having a room with a shower and drain and a slide out of the way porta potti would be no problem for me..... my 9 gal right now i have makes me hook up to dump. 5 gal porta potti is just a walk to the dumpstation or the nearest toilet. Now boondocking is a whole nother story if no dump station is handy.
Joe
Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #83

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2007 Toyota Tundra/2015 Tundra
Montana
Registry
Liquid is 8.3# per gallon. I don't know what toilet paper and other things add to the weight of the 5 gallon porta potty.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #84

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Joe, you just defined the difference in why a cassette is fine with some people, and why other people need a larger tank.

DH & I are retired. It's very important to us to get a unit that we could camp off-grid for at least a week at a time in. DH and I must dump the cassette in our Aliner every 3 days. So there's no way we can do the serious boondocking that we long to be able to do.

I have about decided that if we don't end up with a Casita, we will have to have someone custom fabricate a black tank to fit which ever unit we end up with.

I think most of the small units are engineered strictly for campground camping or short off-grid weekends.