New FG Manufacturer? - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #101

Name: Nick
Trailer: OutdoorsRV
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Go here to check out the Lil Snoozy----it's a real camper, and melissa has one ordered! Now you'll really have a hard decision!

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ndy-45611.html
Okay I've just read through what seems like a thousand posts. I will say that I like the looks of the Lil Snoozy. It is now officially on my list to check out. Would sure be interested in finding out what a production schedule looks like. If I decide to order I don't want to be looking at Oct-Nov or later. I'm ready now (or within 2 months. Of course I also realize that these things aren't built until ordered and that takes time.
Rvicsvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #102

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
If 340 on the tongue is the light weight then that's going to go over 350 when loaded up, that seems awful high for a small trailer.
That's still lighter than the Casita 17 Deluxe. They advertise 365 tongue weight dry on the Casita website. Like you say though, anything over 350 may take a lot of tow vehicles out of the running.

John
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #103

Trailer: Casita
MOG...I'll take it...but let me guess, your building it, and people can't buy it...but then I'd be afaid to ask the price
Emmitt G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #104

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
Those Parkliners look Very nice. Real clean look to them. Fibreglass trailers are catching on more all the time!
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #105

yes they good great, but if I'm going to pay that much, then I'll just Casita, but then there's the one that one that look pointed on the front,..I love it due to the room inside and the back door...just wish it had a wet bath....
Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #106

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Emmitt, Lil Snoozy is the "pointed on the front" trailer you are referring to and it does have a full wet bath. The pix was of the prototype so it wasnt complete yet.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Those Parkliners look Very nice. Real clean look to them. Fibreglass trailers are catching on more all the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Emmitt, Lil Snoozy is the "pointed on the front" trailer you are referring to and it does have a full wet bath. The pix was of the prototype so it wasnt complete yet.
who is building it..may I ask..or did I miss something????
Old 05-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #108

Smoakin' Concepts in South Carolina owned by Nicholas and Robert Smoak.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #109

Texas
Quote:
Smoakin' Concepts in South Carolina owned by Nicholas and Robert Smoak.
Melissa are they actually taking orders or are they still in the prototype stage. I sent an inquiry to them but no response yet. I really like what I see from your photos and very interested.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #110

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Melissa are they actually taking orders or are they still in the prototype stage. I sent an inquiry to them but no response yet. I really like what I see from your photos and very interested.
Nick, you can also blow-up those photos for a better view. It's an interesting trailer, but with a cassette toilet instead of a black tank. There has been quite a bit of conversation here regarding the cassette toilet. I was not familiar with it at all. So keep reading!!

D*

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #111

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Hi Nick---

Yes, Melissa has ordered one and hopes to take possession in June! Wish she'd tour the country so we could all see it!!!!!

Vickie
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #112

I know you can put your name on the list to hold your place for when they start production. When I spoke to Nicholas a couple of weeks ago our shell should be ready this week barring any complications. He has several shells ordered until he gets his plant producing them. Now I'm not sure how soon he will start finishing the shells since they are still completing the plant itself. They are working Dawn till midnight basically trying to finish the plant so communications have been spotty. I think the best way to reach him would be by phone and he did say the plant office phone has been installed. Leave a VM on his cell as reception inside the plant is lousy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikljones View Post
Old 05-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #113

Texas
Thanks Melissa I think I will just do that. I'm off half-days on Fridays so I think I'll give them a jingle then and hope to connect. Is his cell listed on the site?

Quote:
I know you can put your name on the list to hold your place for when they start production. When I spoke to Nicholas a couple of weeks ago our shell should be ready this week barring any complications. He has several shells ordered until he gets his plant producing them. Now I'm not sure how soon he will start finishing the shells since they are still completing the plant itself. They are working Dawn till midnight basically trying to finish the plant so communications have been spotty. I think the best way to reach him would be by phone and he did say the plant office phone has been installed. Leave a VM on his cell as reception inside the plant is lousy.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:49 PM   #114

Somewhere I'm sure, LOL. But here are the numbers I have: Cell - 803-347-8282
and office: 803-655-5336
Old 05-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #115

Texas
Ok. Thank you very much. The office number is listed but didn't see the cell anywhere (which I understand).

Quote:
Somewhere I'm sure, LOL. But here are the numbers I have: Cell - 803-347-8282
and office: 803-655-5336
Old 05-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #116

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
I hope both Nick of Lil Snoozy and Chandler of Parkliner update their websites with production information, schedules and pictures. There is a lot of pent up demand for new fiberglass trailers as evidenced here and the more info the manufacturers put up the better everyone will feel.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #117

Name: Roger
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Melissa, do you know how much interior customization can be done on the Lil Snoozy? As you might have read on my original thread (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ded-46204.html), I am looking for basically a shell that I could use to put in a dental chair, and remove when RVing. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Roger O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:39 AM   #118

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... If Dentists start putting chairs in their egg's I for one won't be attending any more rallys. There's enough pain in my life, and Dentists are always "Down in the mouth"...usually mine!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #119

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger O View Post
Melissa, do you know how much interior customization can be done on the Lil Snoozy? As you might have read on my original thread (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ded-46204.html), I am looking for basically a shell that I could use to put in a dental chair, and remove when RVing. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Sounds like you want to put a FG trailer shell in a dental chair... must be a pretty small trailer!

Hmm, a new concept for dentists: dental work done in a trailer. "Have drill, will travel." A restless dentist. Making house calls? Offering to fill cavities at the Grand Canyon and do extractions at Carlsbad Caverns? Sorry, couldn't resist!

I can see the wisdom if this trailer can be a business expense... you get to write off the cost of your vacation egg. Or are you doing medical missions work, perhaps?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #120

Name: Roger
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Actually the footprint that is needed for a dental chair is fairly small, so a 6' width is more than enough.

Yes, we are planning to do medical missions to treat the disadvantaged homebound patient. I have a background in Special Care Dentistry, recently retired from active practice, and the DW and I feel that it's time to give back...

As far as a business expense, this adventure will most likely cost me quite a bit to accomplish, and I am really not looking to expense it out. As I said before, after 36 years of wonderful practice, it's time to give back.
Roger O is offline   Reply With Quote