New FG Manufacturer? - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #113

Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Thanks Melissa I think I will just do that. I'm off half-days on Fridays so I think I'll give them a jingle then and hope to connect. Is his cell listed on the site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
I know you can put your name on the list to hold your place for when they start production. When I spoke to Nicholas a couple of weeks ago our shell should be ready this week barring any complications. He has several shells ordered until he gets his plant producing them. Now I'm not sure how soon he will start finishing the shells since they are still completing the plant itself. They are working Dawn till midnight basically trying to finish the plant so communications have been spotty. I think the best way to reach him would be by phone and he did say the plant office phone has been installed. Leave a VM on his cell as reception inside the plant is lousy.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #114

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Somewhere I'm sure, LOL. But here are the numbers I have: Cell - 803-347-8282
and office: 803-655-5336

Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #115

Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Oregon
Ok. Thank you very much. The office number is listed but didn't see the cell anywhere (which I understand).

Quote:
Somewhere I'm sure, LOL. But here are the numbers I have: Cell - 803-347-8282
and office: 803-655-5336
Old 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #116

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
I know you can put your name on the list to hold your place for when they start production. When I spoke to Nicholas a couple of weeks ago our shell should be ready this week barring any complications. He has several shells ordered until he gets his plant producing them. Now I'm not sure how soon he will start finishing the shells since they are still completing the plant itself. They are working Dawn till midnight basically trying to finish the plant so communications have been spotty. I think the best way to reach him would be by phone and he did say the plant office phone has been installed. Leave a VM on his cell as reception inside the plant is lousy.
I hope both Nick of Lil Snoozy and Chandler of Parkliner update their websites with production information, schedules and pictures. There is a lot of pent up demand for new fiberglass trailers as evidenced here and the more info the manufacturers put up the better everyone will feel.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #117

Name: Roger
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
Melissa, do you know how much interior customization can be done on the Lil Snoozy? As you might have read on my original thread (Help Needed), I am looking for basically a shell that I could use to put in a dental chair, and remove when RVing. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #118

Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... If Dentists start putting chairs in their egg's I for one won't be attending any more rallys. There's enough pain in my life, and Dentists are always "Down in the mouth"...usually mine!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 05-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #119

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger O View Post
Melissa, do you know how much interior customization can be done on the Lil Snoozy? As you might have read on my original thread (Help Needed), I am looking for basically a shell that I could use to put in a dental chair, and remove when RVing. Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit.
Sounds like you want to put a FG trailer shell in a dental chair... must be a pretty small trailer!

Hmm, a new concept for dentists: dental work done in a trailer. "Have drill, will travel." A restless dentist. Making house calls? Offering to fill cavities at the Grand Canyon and do extractions at Carlsbad Caverns? Sorry, couldn't resist!

I can see the wisdom if this trailer can be a business expense... you get to write off the cost of your vacation egg. Or are you doing medical missions work, perhaps?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #120

New York
Actually the footprint that is needed for a dental chair is fairly small, so a 6' width is more than enough.

Yes, we are planning to do medical missions to treat the disadvantaged homebound patient. I have a background in Special Care Dentistry, recently retired from active practice, and the DW and I feel that it's time to give back...

As far as a business expense, this adventure will most likely cost me quite a bit to accomplish, and I am really not looking to expense it out. As I said before, after 36 years of wonderful practice, it's time to give back.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #121

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Roger, that sounds great! To answer your question, I believe the Lil Snoozy can be purchased absolutely empty if you wish. So I'm sure if you want to have a few things in there (bed platform, cabinetry?) but not other things (like sofa, for instance), they can do it. The Snoozy is not supposed to need any bulkheads or anything inside to lend structural rigidity; therefore it's probably the most ideal choice for what you have in mind. By contrast, Scamps, Casitas and the like have benches and stuff molded in, and some of the inside stuff is actually needed to support the egg.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #122

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Roger, that sounds great! To answer your question, I believe the Lil Snoozy can be purchased absolutely empty if you wish. So I'm sure if you want to have a few things in there (bed platform, cabinetry?) but not other things (like sofa, for instance), they can do it. The Snoozy is not supposed to need any bulkheads or anything inside to lend structural rigidity; therefore it's probably the most ideal choice for what you have in mind. By contrast, Scamps, Casitas and the like have benches and stuff molded in, and some of the inside stuff is actually needed to support the egg.
That's just what I wanted to find out. I'll be calling them tomorrow to discuss further. I'll let you all know what is going on. Thanks again!

Roger
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #123

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Sorry for my late reply, Roger. I've been out all day. Ditto to what Mike said.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 PM   #124

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Anyone get their facebook page to come up? Or maybe its just dead with my browser? thanks.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #125

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Scamp Construction

At least in my Scamp, all interior fiberglass bulkheads are screwed in and can realtively easyily be removed.

It is also my experience that all the internal components greatly strengthen the structure. I suspect that any of the Fiberglass units can be towed without their internals but I'm certain that all of them are a lot stiffer with their internal components.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #126

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
At least in my Scamp, all interior fiberglass bulkheads are screwed in and can realtively easyily be removed.

It is also my experience that all the internal components greatly strengthen the structure. I suspect that any of the Fiberglass units can be towed without their internals but I'm certain that all of them are a lot stiffer with their internal components.
Scamp actually will sell a "Blank Slate." No windows, etc. But, it comes with an egress vent on the roof and a closet across from the door. Something has to hold the roof up and Scamp won't sell it without door framing or the closet because of that reason.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote