New FGRV in Europe - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #15
Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Born Free 32RQ on the Kodiak chassis, 1995 Coachmen 19' B-van and 1996 Precision 21' Sailboat
Ok... Per... since you admitted it... I had to read the name of the heater twice too!

Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 PM   #16
Name: John
Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16, 2013 VW Tiguan SEL
The genius of this big white banana comes through in the specs. That's a 21 footer weighing only 3300 lbs? So few kilograms, for so many pounds (never mind dollars, because we won't have the opportunity). And that weight, no more than some well-equipped 16-er Scamps or Casitas, includes double axles. I'm impressed.

John McMillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #17
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Per, I thought your cassette/8-track thing was hilarious, but you're dating yourself: some of those young people haven't heard of 8-track tapes!

For those who don't already know, "cassette toilet" is not a regional term; the term is widely used, but it is for a type of equipment which is not common in North America. Check out the page from Thetford if you're curious.
1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:06 AM   #18
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I quite like it.

It does really remind me of The Oxygen in design. I was not aware that The Oxygen was "too heavy". How much did they weigh?

My co-worker, who talked me into buying a Casita, saw an Oxygen at the campground at Myrtle Beach State Park about a year ago. He wanted to look inside, but he never saw the owners around.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:50 AM   #19
Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
That Vector does look nice, but not nice enough for the price. From what I know about the pricing over there, it is the VAT (value added tax) that is added on to each part during each point of manufacture and assembly that causes the high cost. The social reforms and entitlements of that area demand this type of taxation.

One way of getting around some of this, I've been told, is to purchase from another country, say Portugal. I have not followed up on this, so it may be only hear-say.

On the other hand, why not take a little old Scamp, gut it, and have some yacht builder provide a new interior. It may not cost as much as you think. He may love such a project to add to his portfolio. It may also be a she, or a he and she.

For me, I like simple and functional. I don't like being in bondage to my possessions. I like to use it, put it away, forget about it, then take it back out for use again with a minimum of fuss.

I'm not sure these European units fit that functionality very well.

Years ago, there was a small trailer called a Sprite, made in England that looked very simple and functional. It was perhaps 14 or 15 feet, very light and seemingly well constructed, possibly fiberglass over a frame. Last one I saw was up on Vancouver, B.C., parked for the afternoon along the beach park. It was still in very acceptable shape. It also had that European elegance at first glance.
Loren G. Hedahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #20
Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Our Oxygen is 2,000 to 2,200 lbs dry wt.

norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote