New Fiberglass Egg On Market - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-25-2003, 09:45 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New Fiberglass Egg on Market

This is a nice looking rig. Resembles a Boler in many ways.
Looks like it would price out close to $20,000 Cdn with Tax.
Another $500 to get it delivered North if not picked up.
Wonder if all the plans are for the same lay out inside.
The wood on the cupboard doors (I am being picky??)
don't seem match the wood type walls. Wonder if they are
injection molded doors. Or maybe it is just the angle with the light.
Vents on top also look like Bolers (17 ft ones)
I would park one in my yard anytime.
Willma

Old 05-26-2003, 08:10 AM   #16

Dollars

I think the base price is $13,000 Canadian, which would make it about $9,800 US in today's market. Plus the shipping and other options, of course.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:52 AM   #17

Escape Trailer Industries

Does anyone have a link to a website, nothing shows up on my google search.

For any of our friends south of the Canadian border:

The CDN dollar is making some great gains in the last few months, the current rate of exchange (as of 2003.05.26 14:46:05 GMT) is as follows:

1 CAD = 0.726859 USD 1 USD = 1.37578 CAD

Therefore 13,000.00 CDN = 9449.19 USD - but remember banks typically charge 2 to 3 percentage points more.

:wave
Old 05-26-2003, 10:02 AM   #18

Conversion

Thanks, Rick. Sorry about the misquote. My supposedly instant up-to-date conversion wasn't so instant and up-to-date.

Many thanks for the correction.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:06 AM   #19

Suz

No problemo. ;) I only noticed and I'm happy as heck, Sue and I will be able to spend a longer holiday OTR to Reno and back in August. :)
Old 05-26-2003, 10:09 AM   #20

Rick There is no website as yet,they are just beginnining production and are presentlu advertising in the local New Westminster paper.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:29 AM   #21

It is garagable!!

Molded Fiberglass

Height: 7 feet 6 inches
Length: 17 feet (only available size)
Width: 6 feet 7 inches
Tongue Weight: 300 pounds loaded with water and propane
With all current options, trailer weight is less than 1800 pounds (awning and hot water package are heaviest items).
Torflex Axle: Rated for 3,500 pounds

Front Dinette: converts to single bed
Rear Dinette: converts to double bed
(Just a thought - They may be able to construct bunks over each dinette. The top bunks would have to be light-weight rated. You'd sacrifice overhead cabinets for this customization)

Bath model: privacy closet with permanent toilet connected to a blackwater tank
Shower/Bath models coming next year. They don't have shower pan designed to fit the trailer yet.
Roof Air: Not possible as roof will not support weight. They haven't tried to install closet or side AC yet - no orders.

The prototype has just been sold. They don't have a display model as the demand is keeping pace with their ability to assemble. All the components are purchased from other sources. They do not fabricate. They assemble. The factory will customize.

Unit is derivative of Trillium, Scamp, Casita and Boler.

Sounds like they have put together fewer than a half dozen units. They haven't investigated what processes may be required to sell to the US.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:51 PM   #22

jdmac

Quote:
Orginally posted by jdmac

* * * * * * Rick There is no website as yet,they are just beginnining production and are presentlu advertising in the local New Westminster *paper.
My curiosity is getting to me. As I'm out in South Surrey I don't get any New West papers and haven't seen the ad.

Is that the NW News Leader or The Record that it's in?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:23 AM   #23

Rick, that would be THE RECORD of last weekend. Btw the company was at the Chilliwack rv show this spring with the first edition so i'm told. I missed that one but did see the new Outback at the Tradex show.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 AM   #24

I was at the Early Bird RV show at the Tradex also - I posted a few pics here of the new Trillium Outback

I missed the one in Chilly though - to darn far to go if we're not going camping! :)
Old 05-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #25

Sharp looking rig... looks like a stretched Trillium with the little upsweep on the door... maybe a parent company... How come all the really sharp looking rigs are Candian? How about getting some dealers here in the lower 48?
Old 05-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #26

Exterior toting

Asked this question for a friend.

Escape will extend the frame by 2 feet or slightly more to accomodate a box, in this case a bike box.

My friend built a plywood box about 2 feet wide and as tall as his bike for the rear of his motorhome. He has a custom bike and didn't want it ruined by transporting as his previous bikes were. The prototype bike box sits on the bumper of the MOHO. The box is built like a wedge so that he doesn't have to remove the handle bars or wheels to load the bike. The lid of the box drops down like a truck tail gate and the bike is lifted into place where it is stabilized by internal holders. The lights that would have been obscured by the box were moved and wired into the back of the box. My friend said he would be interested in the Escape if he could get a sealed bike transport compartment like he has on the MOHO.

Escape said its a mod they will do. Instead of sitting the bike carrier on the bumper, they will extend the frame so that the box sits between the trailer and the bumper. I guess my friend can remove the current box, unwire it, repaint it and situate it on the Escape. Their trailer frame is extendable without throwing anything out of kilter with the design or safety.

A rear storage box also sounds like a plan for those with generators and other exterior storage concerns.

Even if an external bike carrier were an option, the Escape roof is not the place for it, so says Escape.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:26 PM   #27

Rear storage

>>A rear storage box also sounds like a plan for those with generators and other exterior storage concerns.

Yep, it's really tempting, but one has to be very careful with too much rear weight in relation to the tongue weight. Even though I had a front bath, with my rear air and spare, I just couldn't bring the tongue weight up enough to compensate. With the larger tire I came up with a front spare rack that solved my problem.

With that extra space on the back, I am so tempted to hang something off of it, but have to be careful with the balance.

Since the Escape appears to have a somewhat centered bath (albeit forward of the wheel well), I wonder what the extended rear frame will do in throwing off it's tongue weight...not to mention the extra weight added to it.

I am definitely not an expert. I just thinking outloud as it relates to a problem that I had and could have again if not careful. Even without the rear air, a generator is very heavy as is any constructed box and/or rack.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:09 PM   #28

Quote:
Orginally posted by Suz

>>A rear storage box also sounds like a plan for those with generators and other exterior storage concerns.

Yep, it's really tempting, but one has to be very careful with too much rear weight in relation to the tongue weight.
Don't forget the Escape's 'standard' 300lb tongue weight in relationship to its relatively light weight and VERY rearward axle. If anything, I'd think that a rear rack with a few bikes would go aways toward achieving a more normal 10-15% tongue weight.

My wife actually liked the interior shots of the Escape very much. I'd want to know just what those 'single' and 'double' beds translate into in terms of inches though.

mkw

Tags
eggcamper