New fiberglass trailer? Has anybody seen one of these? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet

Click image for larger version

Name:	littlejoe_exterior.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	2533
[attachment=3251:attachm
ent]

Hi,

I found an add for a new fiberglass trailer in the latest Woodall's RV Buyers Guide. Just wondering if anyone has seen one. Does anyone know if they have dealer closer to the Mississippi River.

EJ
Attached Thumbnails
interior_1.jpg   interior_2.jpg  

EJLydic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
The Little Joe by Weis has come up here from time to time, but I don't believe that any of us have one yet. It is one of the smallest (that I'm aware of) that is currently being made.

A call would probably be in order to find out if they have one closer, but I'm guessing that it's sold close to (if not at) the point of manufacture.

Little Joe
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #3

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
At $3+ a gallon for gas, it's a good time to be launching an ultra light weight trailer.

mkw
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
I'd rather see them build a Tundra that would get 25 mpg.............pulling a 17'er
Old 04-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I'd rather see them build a Tundra that would get 25 mpg.............pulling a 17'er

Not me. I'm of the less is more crowd. I might have bought one of those instead of the 13' Scamp. That said, the 13' is every bit as much as I need. But I wouldn't mind a TV that could handle the 13' and get a whole lot better mileage.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #6

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
How about when gas hits $5 a gallon?
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 1982 13 ft Burro
Does that thing have a pop-top? I saw something on I-25 near Castle Rock last night that I didn't recognize. It was shaped sort of like a fiberglass horse trailer, with an oval shaped pop top. It was maybe half the size of my Burro and looked brand new. I couldn't see brand name, but it looked very, very cool (for one person, anyway).
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
It was shaped sort of like a fiberglass horse trailer, with an [b]oval shaped pop top. It was maybe [b]half the size of my Burro and looked brand new.
That's a pretty fair description of an Eriba Puck. A German aluminum-bodied travel trailer, popular with the vintage VW crowd.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:14 PM   #9

Registry
Talking

Quote:
Does that thing have a pop-top?
No, it is solid walled.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:35 PM   #10

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
Did anyone find the price of the little joe? I see they have a roof rack for a boat (kayak?). Pretty cool.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #11

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Yes, the roof rack is a good addition. The more I look at that trailer, the more I can see what a great shelter it is for taking back into the really rough areas where a regular fiberglass rv cannot go.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #12

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hi EJ,

I have checked out the Little Joe at a Denver RV show.
I was not impressed. Very crude rig.
Thought it looked like a molded fiberglass mini horse trailer with beds.
Looked like you could hose it out if you tracked in mud though.
A great deer hunting rig especially if you have drank too much and got sick.
I think you could do better.
Owning a Casita makes me bias. :-)
twoclinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #13

Maggie O.

To answer your question about price. I sent off for information on the Little Joe a couple of months ago. The price list is $9,429.00 for the basic trailer. No furnace, air conditioner or refrigerator. I thought it was on the expensive side. You would have to go to Colorado to pick it up or pay even more to have it shipped.

Bob Pierce
Bob Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Maggie O.

To answer your question about price. I sent off for information on the Little Joe a couple of months ago. The price list is $9,429.00 for the basic trailer. No furnace, air conditioner or refrigerator. I thought it was on the expensive side. You would have to go to Colorado to pick it up or pay even more to have it shipped.

Bob Pierce

The price in the Woodall RV mag says approx $7400 for the basic tralier. I agree, $9400 is pricey. I've tried a couple of times this week to contact the company with no response. I don't believe I'll be doing any business with them.

Ed
Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Hi EJ,

I have checked out the Little Joe at a Denver RV show.
I was not impressed. Very crude rig.
Thought it looked like a molded fiberglass mini horse trailer with beds.
Looked like you could hose it out if you tracked in mud though.
A great deer hunting rig especially if you have drank too much and got sick.
I think you could do better.
Owning a Casita makes me bias. :-)

Actually it sounds funny but that's basiclly what I've been looking for. I have tons of camping gear. I wish there was one out there that had a counter/cabinet/sink with say a 5 gal hand pump unit. Wiring for a/c and d/c converter would be nice and a place to store a porta-potti and a dinette or goncho that makes into a bed. I have a Zodi unit for hot water. I guess I'm talking about building something.

Ed
Old 04-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Not me. I'm of the less is more crowd. I might have bought one of those instead of the 13' Scamp. That said, the 13' is every bit as much as I need. But I wouldn't mind a TV that could handle the 13' and get a whole lot better mileage.

I'm with you Byron. For a hunting and fishing rig, all I'm looking for is basic shelter.I have all the camping gear, I'm just tired of sleeping in a tent.

Ed
Old 04-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #17

Trailer: 1300 Trillium
If less suits your purpose it really is more, but, um, I don't like to pay more for less. I was never in the new trailer market tho'. I couldn't see if these had any insulation or lining. If they have similar insulation to the rest, I think they've got something going for them. The roof rack is intriguing. If it's really usable they must have a well supported roof. As to the price...have you been to an rv show lately? It's still less than some pop ups.
Maggie O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #18

Registry
Arrow

Quote:
The price in the Woodall RV mag says approx $7400 for the basic tralier. I agree, $9400 is pricey.
Ten years ago, (1996) I investigated the then new Lite House, which was the predecessor to this unit. The manufacturer claimed he came up with this design as an alternative for tenters with small cars. The "basic" unit, queen bed, interior lights, 2 burner stove, sink with manual pump faucet, and ice box sold for $6500.

He was running a "special" on a stripped down version at the time. No stove, no sink, no ice box. Just the benches that converted into the queen size bed and the cabinets where the appliances would have gone. Also left out the window across the front, so you got only 2 windows, not 3. $4000.

Both units came with a vinyl floor and reflectix covered with "rat fur" on the walls & ceiling.

He also had an impressive list of "options":
spare tire
table (with folding legs) that could be used outside.
3-way refrigerator
water pump
bag awning
air conditioner
child's hammock
battery & converter
solar panel (glassed into the roof)

I added up the a-la-carte pricing on all the options, and fully equipped it was $10,300.

One thing Little Joe added that Lite House never had was the upper cabinets. And, of course, the roof rack.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 AM   #19

Quote:
Ten years ago, (1996) I investigated the then new Lite House, which was the predecessor to this unit. The manufacturer claimed he came up with this design as an alternative for tenters with small cars. The "basic" unit, queen bed, interior lights, 2 burner stove, sink with manual pump faucet, and ice box sold for $6500.

He was running a "special" on a stripped down version at the time. No stove, no sink, no ice box. Just the benches that converted into the queen size bed and the cabinets where the appliances would have gone. Also left out the window across the front, so you got only 2 windows, not 3. $4000.

Both units came with a vinyl floor and reflectix covered with "rat fur" on the walls & ceiling.

He also had an impressive list of "options":
spare tire
table (with folding legs) that could be used outside.
3-way refrigerator
water pump
bag awning
air conditioner
child's hammock
battery & converter
solar panel (glassed into the roof)

I added up the a-la-carte pricing on all the options, and fully equipped it was $10,300.

One thing Little Joe added that Lite House never had was the upper cabinets. And, of course, the roof rack.

From your discription of the Lite House, Little Joe sounds like a pretty good bargain. Thank's for the information. Unfortunatley without a dealer network the Little Joe is going to go by the way of the Lite House.

Ed
Old 04-30-2006, 12:04 PM   #20

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
Quote:
I've tried a couple of times this week to contact the company with no response. I don't believe I'll be doing any business with them.

Yours is a common complaint. When you actually do get a sales person, I've heard the guy is really irritated you don't want to buy something bigger.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote