"New" MF brand, went to see today ~ Avco - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Quote:
Bigfoot made a gihugey model too, 25 ft. This thing might actually be considered a small mobile home, rather than a big trailer.

Donna, thats a great idea!

Actually it looks like Bigfoot made a 28 ft. "Silver Cloud" in 1987. Here is the posting on that one: http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sal...donia-on-canada

I've seen several Avco motor homes years ago when we had a motor home. They looked like this trailer except for the front, they were Class A's.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #22

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Actually it looks like Bigfoot made a 28 ft. "Silver Cloud" in 1987. Here is the posting on that one: http://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/for-sal...donia-on-canada

I've seen several Avco motor homes years ago when we had a motor home. They looked like this trailer except for the front, they were Class A's.
Deb
Here's the original posting with larger photos:

28' Bigfoot on Kijiji

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #23

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Jeep can't tow THAT one either! Ugh!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #24

I've never seen a 28' molded Bigfoot! That may take the record for the longest molded fiberglass trailer out there!!! That front living room design is marvelous! Now... if only it were a rear island queen... !!!

Gina... I told you, it'll tow it fine. Just head on over to Can-Am RV in Ontario first... they'll fix you up! I honestly can't recommend any of the tow combinations that they set up... they seem to suspend the laws of physics and the truisms that we all "know"... but OTOH, I've never heard of any of their rigs crashing either... although I'd guess that there's probably some extremely short drivetrain failure times there... amazing stuff tho!

Roger
Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
During The Long Long Trailer era cars with separate frames seemed better suited for towing travel trailers than cars of today. I suspect then it was rare to see a pickup truck towing them. Now, with unibody type construction, you almost have to rely on the car manufacturer for towing capabilities and I doubt any of the setups shown in the Can-Am RV video comply. Besides the stress on the frame I agree with Roger that the drivetrain would not have much longevity. Setting that all aside, imagine the legal liability for towing something outside of manufacturer's recommendations. I'm not sure that even your insurance company would support you in the event of an accident.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #26

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
As a current owner of one of those Bigfoot gihugey models, I can tell you that it doesn't tow any differently than the 17' Bigfoot did

Amen to that Roger. My only complaint is that when I misplace something inside I can't remember what room I may have left it in!

afterthought edit - The floor on the Silver Cloud doesn't look original though...hmmmm??
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #27

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
[b]As a current owner of one of those Bigfoot gihugey models, I can tell you that it doesn't tow any differently than the 17' Bigfoot did

Amen to that Roger. My only complaint is that when I misplace something inside I can't remember what room I may have left it in!

afterthought edit - The floor on the Silver Cloud doesn't look original though...hmmmm??
Yep, and my 21' Bigfoot tows about the same as my previous 17.5'.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #28

Quote:
Well, Mike... the trailer IS twenty-three years old!!!! I'd imagine that the OE carpet probably came out a while ago!

Roger
Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #29

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
This is what I'm starting to look for on my next re-build. I wanted something from 25 to 26 feet +- to fulltime in for 4 to 5 years. I would have bought this one if the timing were better. I want an old cheap one to completely redo the interior. It looked to me I could have put a queen bed sideways in the front, put a U-shaped dinette in the back and had room for a side bathroom, something I would like to do to a 19 foot escape but it just cant be done as it doesn't have the room in front for a queen bed. I have 4 to 5 years to find something like this. Who knows, this one may come back on the market by then.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
This is what I'm starting to look for on my next re-build. I wanted something from 25 to 26 feet +- to fulltime in for 4 to 5 years. I would have bought this one if the timing were better. I want an old cheap one to completely redo the interior. It looked to me I could have put a queen bed sideways in the front, put a U-shaped dinette in the back and had room for a side bathroom, something I would like to do to a 19 foot escape but it just cant be done as it doesn't have the room in front for a queen bed. I have 4 to 5 years to find something like this. Who knows, this one may come back on the market by then.
There is one for sale in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island but they say its as 32'

1972 32' Avco Travel Trailer | Port Alberni, BC, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #31

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Danny, please get one soon. I'm looking forward to photos of your renovation!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #32

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Does that mean "Siesta" may be available a few years from now? I LOVE your Scamp!

Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Danny, I think you should buy this one for $3,000: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ect-49086.html

and rebuild it like this (or better!): 1987 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud Travel Trailer | Salmon Arm, BC, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

WOW, wow, wow!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #34

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Any guesses on the weight of those lovely Silver Clouds?
Cam A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #35

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A View Post
Any guesses on the weight of those lovely Silver Clouds?

Loaded? I would guess around 8000 lbs. Cause we know fiberglass trailer are all "light" right?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Danny, I think you should buy this one for $3,000: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ect-49086.html

and rebuild it like this (or better!): 1987 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud Travel Trailer | Salmon Arm, BC, Canada | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

WOW, wow, wow!!
That does look perfect for what I want, I figure the weight would be high going in on this thing. It allready has the big windows in the back. If I cant find a project trailer we do have an artic fox picked out we like, but I think I could do a pretty cool one frunm scratch. Thanks for the info, and yes, Siesta will be going up for sale in 4 to 5 years if we do this. I want to keep it while a new one is being built to keep us camping.