New One for the Album?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
New One for the Album??

Hey, has anybody ever heard/seen one of these? Could it be from leftover Uhaul/Burro Shells mabye?? It's not listed on the Homepage.

1985 Comp-air 13' fiberglass camper
Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #2

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
It does look familiar, It's worth the asking price. Go get it!
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #3

I havent been able to reach the guy. Unfortunately we dont have the skills or facilities to rehab it. Upon closer inspection I "think" there are no benches in the rear. Isn't that they plywood floor? I left a VM asking if it's gutted except for the kitchen area. It may not have any benches up front either. We'd have to hire a carpenter to build benches if it's "naked" inside. Also, would have to have custom foam/covers made since there are none unless the Scamp cushions fit the Burro/Uhaul clones then that would be easy enough to order. We'll see if he calls back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
It does look familiar, It's worth the asking price. Go get it!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
One good thing about gutted, you can just about do whatever you want with it.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

only if you know how, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
One good thing about gutted, you can just about do whatever you want with it.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Hey, has anybody ever heard/seen one of these? Could it be from leftover Uhaul/Burro Shells mabye?? It's not listed on the Homepage.

1985 Comp-air 13' fiberglass camper
Pretty sure that's a Companion trailer
Look here...
Attached Thumbnails
companioncamper066.jpg   companionfront.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
But for the price you could pay someone to ( out of work friend ) with re-modeling skills to work on it.

Cute trailer! And if it was in decent shape it would certainly pay to have a few things done to it. Take the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/buy-sell.html If you go for it!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
That's a nice trailer for $1,000 or B/O
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Mark S.---go get it---you're not that far are you????
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Too ugly for me. I like the older Burros, Scamps, Bolers and Pacers. That boxy trim down the side does nothing for me. Same with U-Haul trailers, I don't care for the look of those either. Something about a round trailer with the square accent molded down the side that I do not like. I am not a big fan of the newer style Burros either with the square taillight mount on the rear. I guess I am just weird or something.
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #11

Name: keith
Trailer: compair 13'
South Carolina
it is a compair - thats on the title. only the title has been signed over to another party so I can't do anything with it as is. I have contacted the party on the front of the title and he said he'd go to hwy dept. and apply for a new title or fill out a lost title form but you know how that goes. I'm gonna send him a letter and a check for $25-30 to hopefully get him to actually do it.
I'm having foot surgery in the next 6 months through the VA and I really don't want to tackle the project of redoing it because I'm in almost constant pain. (bone spurs) and I really don't want to let it sit that long. I paid $1000 for it because I knew that was a great price and I'd like to get my money back on it. if not I can let it sit and maybe get to it next jan. or feb. I really would like to get a little bigger one that has a toilet/shower stall combo.

don't know what I was thinking when I bought it but I couldn't pass it up. I knew that was a good deal on one of these.

it does look like the companion but I assure you the title says "Compair".

I was looking for info on it and found this sight and i'm glad I did. I'll be back often looking at the forums. i love camping and most camp people are good people as a rule so I felt at home from the start even though most of YA'LL are from out west;>)
loknlode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
I agree it's a companion and someone put the wrong word or shortened it on the paperwork....should sell okay considering fuel costs are gonna keep the biggies parked this year.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #13

Trailer: 1980 Burro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Shaffer View Post
Too ugly for me. I like the older Burros, Scamps, Bolers and Pacers. That boxy trim down the side does nothing for me. Same with U-Haul trailers, I don't care for the look of those either. Something about a round trailer with the square accent molded down the side that I do not like. I am not a big fan of the newer style Burros either with the square taillight mount on the rear. I guess I am just weird or something.
Mark, I understand what you are saying. The rounded shape of these trailers is complimented with other rounded shapes, and rectangular shapes with hard corners seem out of place. I have a 1980 Burro and I am planning on changing the sharp cornered, rectangular entrance door handle because it does not go well with the rest of rounded lines of the trailer. I am also going to change the angle iron rear bumper on my Burro for the same reason. I am not a fan of the U-Haul rear bumper, although it may offer good protection, it is identical in shape to bumper on the back of many school buses. The Companion and the Comp-air have rounded bumpers, but the sharp corners on the windows don't match the smooth contour of the egg shape.
Andy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #14

Name: keith
Trailer: compair 13'
South Carolina
it was sold friday - thanks to all who provide info.
loknlode is offline   Reply With Quote