New Parkliner 16 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Be aware that "double hull" isn't what many people think it is.
Generally there is no increase in strength, no improvement in quiet and no improvement in insulation which can be attributed to the design.
Fabric or carpet is more tactilely pleasant and generally requires no more maintenance.
Either way, the difference is trivial for most purposes and boils down to aesthetic preference rather than anything significantly substantive.
So there's no need to narrow your search based on this one feature.
Totally disagree with you on the strength of a double hull . Th e strength is not in there being a mirrored double shell but on how tha interior shell is formed with all the interior cabinetry ,trolley roof and opposite formed curves.carpet may be pleasant for some and a pain for others .Ive stepped in some carpeted trailers at some rally's with the lingering smell of cooking smoke cigarette smoke and animals and couldn't wait to get out. If I camp in my trillium near a campfire the ensolite will smell for weeks. If I camp in the HC1 near that same fire I will never smell it again. No comparison in my opinion.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #16

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
well i am in the carpet cleaning biz and odor is not a problem if carpet is maintained professionally i own a casita and we have no odor but we also don't cook bacon etc in it or have animals

Old 09-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #17

Name: Pat
Trailer: UHaul CT-13 1984
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Totally disagree with you on the strength of a double hull . Th e strength is not in there being a mirrored double shell but on how tha interior shell is formed with all the interior cabinetry ,trolley roof and opposite formed curves.carpet may be pleasant for some and a pain for others .Ive stepped in some carpeted trailers at some rally's with the lingering smell of cooking smoke cigarette smoke and animals and couldn't wait to get out. If I camp in my trillium near a campfire the ensolite will smell for weeks. If I camp in the HC1 near that same fire I will never smell it again. No comparison in my opinion.
I agree. I currently have a 1984 UHaul, which has the double hull and I LOVE it. If it wasn't for needing, yes needing AC, I would keep the UHaul and be a happy camper.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #18

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I could never have accomplished anything in my life if I felt like everyone had to agree with me for me to right!Heck, As you likely know by now, I seldom even rely on consensus!
Like yours, my utility trailer doesn't hold odors much either, but come to think of it neither does my Scamp13.
Needless to say, I totally disagree with both of your premises,(or is it three?)at any rate it really doesn't negate either (any) opinion.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #19

IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
well i am in the carpet cleaning biz and odor is not a problem if carpet is maintained professionally i own a casita and we have no odor but we also don't cook bacon etc in it or have animals
Your point is well made! And clean is often even better than perfume.

However...Ensolite is not carpet, neither is the marine fabric hull liner. Neither one is prone to odor absorption. Virtually any enclosed space can have an unpleasant odor if it is dirty enough. Have you ever had to enter a septic tank to repair it? Some of them are fiberglass!
Some folks (not me) even claim that fresh fiberglass outgasses for years.

Does anybody make bacon scented air freshners? They must be better than those evergreen tree things.
Right here at my desk I have a box of "Uncle Oinker's savory Bacon Mints", they make people think you've had a good breakfast!
Old 09-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #20

IllAnnoy
Registry
NO WAIT!! I found them!

Tags
parkliner