New ParkLiner Arrival - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #41

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Thanks everyone for your very kind remarks. Ginny, I know what you mean as I have had plenty of used fiberglass trailers over the years. This is our first new trailer, and hopefully our last for some years I'm sure. So far we are very pleased with our new ParkLiner, and will be taking it out next week to the Adirondack's for a few days. For anyone interested in the replacement LED's for the 921 bulb I am including a picture, and I'm very happy with the new LED's so far. I got them on Ebay, 10 for $26.00 including shipping for China.
Joy , Long time no hear, and yes that is the wife and myself. I did talk with a nice lady @ Sebring in Feb. who told me you said hello. I'm thinking her name may have been Doris ? Anyway good to hear from you, and hopefully we will see each other on one of the gatherings someday. By the way Joy I still miss that little 13 that I put the front dinette in, and so does the wife.

Name:   DSC01786B_001.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  5.6 KB
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #42

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Congratulations on your new trailer. I had never heard of ParkLiner before. Looks like a real quality unit. The queen bed would be a hit for me. Happy traveling!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #43

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
love it! and sorry for your recent loss.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #44

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Thankyou Theresa I appreciate that.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #45

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
Tim, keep posting! I am very interested in PL, especially as it is made so close to where we live. Be sure to tell of more things like the LEDs. Maybe Chandler would just install to begin with if we ask. Would like your wife's feminine point of view as well. We are getting ready to retire and are thinking of getting one. We had a Lance truck camper several years back, and loved it, but I want a small trailer this time. One drawback I see; not much in the way of counter space. Of course, I realize you just cannot have everything in a 15 ft. camper, and the queen bed that can stay out is a +++!
SusieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:26 PM   #46

Arizona
Registry
Major question for those of you who own a PL: Is the bed comfy? I need it to be not too hard and not too soft.... Just right, like Goldilocks.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #47

Arizona
Registry
Tim, my husband spoke to you on the phone last week. Do LED lights put out more heat? That would be fine in cold weather, but not right now. They certainly do look nice. I guess you are back from the Adirondikes by now. How did it go?
Old 08-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #48

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
LED lights put out significantly less heat.
MillerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #49

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
older thread, i'm just getting caught up...enjoyable read, THX Tim for posting.

On the LEDs and heat. as stated, no real heat. Have them from bumper to hitch on our 38ft 5'ver. Love Them. Will replace all i can in the PL once in the driveway. After being on for hours you can still put a finger to any LED we have in our rig without any uncomfortable heat.

On the bed, i sat on the sofa/berth cushion. Firm and comfortable IMO. If you want to really max out comfort and function check out the Froli Sleep System I've mentioned elsewhere that would easily be installed by user in any of these Eggs.
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #50

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieinNC View Post
Major question for those of you who own a PL: Is the bed comfy? I need it to be not too hard and not too soft.... Just right, like Goldilocks.
This reminds me of the "Princess and the Pea." As I type this, there are 22,739 members of FiberglassRV. And, I'm betting 22,739 different bed needed comfort zones. Those that need/want BIG beds, soft beds, firm beds, microfiber beds, feather-free beds, need springs, don't want springs, desire air bed, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

I can sleep on a brick and in a small space. What do you think the chances are we'll find a 50% agreement as to what a "comfortable" bed is? How about zero? It's ALL about you and your needs.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #51

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
And with the froli system you would have to cover the table with it, so that means a table and a bed piece... nah Ive heard ppl saying hey love it, and others saying they hate it. Living n a boat for a long time I built a slat bed and put my mattress on it to get airflo under the cushion because dampness is a problem.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #52

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Hi deryk, on the froli...
I saw one application with a convertible dinette. They put the froli (it is about 3" high) on the bottom of the table, then flipped it over at nite. It did not get in the way for their application.

On a similar note. You are talking about something (the froli springs+base) that could be hung up inside a closet or even rolled up. That much area/froli probably weighs 2lbs?? Our entire queen froli springs/base maybe weighs 10lbs?? Just through it down on the table and put the pad on to and U R good to go.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 PM   #53

New Jersey
Registry
I guess i should check out a boat show... I saw it once years ago when I was much heavier then I am now... I wouldn't have considered it then... now, well I would really want to lay down on the pad, then the pad with the froli under it

deryk
Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #54

Name: Joe
Trailer: Casita 17' SD
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
The parkliner site says SeaLand 8100 series toilet. Then google and dometic site says 12Volt macerator. But I don't know for sure. Can anyone confirm it's a 12Volt macerator kind not the traditional gravity flush?
The toilet is a Marine ceramic toilet that the owner says works very well. That's all I know at present. This is the option of course.
Rattlesnake Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 AM   #55

Astoria Oregon
Registry
Lightbulb

Hi deryk, i just uploaded this picture i took this morning of the queen froli that we have in our van (currently having an interior upfit). You can see i've folded the froli and flopped it over an island in our 5'ver's kitchen. It is light and flexible and easily stored in chunks. What you see in the photo is the entire froli as it is plopped down on a queen size bed platform in the van.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #56

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yeah Mimi already taught us about the 12Volt macerator Toilet. Has anyone boondocked with it yet? Wondered how it did with battery power, specs mention 20 Amp draw. How long can you go without a Batt re-change with this toilet and all the other 12 Volt items?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 PM   #57

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
This reminds me of the "Princess and the Pea." As I type this, there are 22,739 members of FiberglassRV. And, I'm betting 22,739 different bed needed comfort zones. Those that need/want BIG beds, soft beds, firm beds, microfiber beds, feather-free beds, need springs, don't want springs, desire air bed, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

I can sleep on a brick and in a small space. What do you think the chances are we'll find a 50% agreement as to what a "comfortable" bed is? How about zero? It's ALL about you and your needs.
How did you get to be sooo smart? I love reading your thoughts and answers. It's like having someone on the inside giving me secret info. Keep up the good work and tell the boss to give you a raise.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #58

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrete View Post
Hi deryk, i just uploaded this picture i took this morning of the queen froli that we have in our van (currently having an interior upfit). You can see i've folded the froli and flopped it over an island in our 5'ver's kitchen. It is light and flexible and easily stored in chunks. What you see in the photo is the entire froli as it is plopped down on a queen size bed platform in the van.
Kind ah gives me the creeps looking at it. Reminds me of the movie the Terminator..."they say the machines got smart and"....
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #59

Astoria Oregon
Registry
on the macerating toilet:

We had a sea land macerating toilet on board the family sailboat. Our battery system was charged by the onboard diesel into a ~400+ amp hr battery bank so no comparison there...but i can say that our macerator ran for about 20 to 40 seconds each flush. So doing the math, even though it is a big draw, a typical dual group 27 battery bank of say ~200 AH should be fine for a week's _macerating_ ...longer if there was a small charge from a solar panel.

PS...another advantage of these toilets is that by design there is much less water use in the long run. It is not really necessary to clean the black tank as often as on a non-macerating set up. And since the particle size is now very small one can utilize a 3/4" garden style hose to the dump.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #60

New Jersey
Registry
Thom, how old is your froli system? I wonder what the expected lifespan of it is?

deryk

Tags
parkliner