New Que - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #15
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
... it appears by some of the posts if the TT isn't a MOLDED FIBERGLASS TT there are those who take offense at posting on this site

Sorry if I offended you, Dave, with my lame Macintosh/Microsoft joke, was trying to be funny.... (where's the smilie that's all red in the face with embarassment?)

Again, my apologies, all fibreglassers welcome!

CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:56 AM   #16
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Dave, we aren't offended about your postings. But, this site IS about molded lightweight fiberglass trailers. Even a molded motorhome/truck camper doesn't fit into that category in the puriest sense. There could very possibly be questions you have, that we can't answer. And that's the rub. Dave, then too, do not be offended if anyone points you to another site that may better suit your needs. In the meantime, hang out and share your camping experiences, etc.'ll find we're a pretty helpful/friendly group

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #17
Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
FIBERGLASSRV, THAT'S WHERE WE ARE. On the Home Page it gives a list of fiberglass travel trailers, but it doesn't say that it is limited to owners of those TTs listed. The first TT listed is Amerigo, and I believe they made truck slide-ins.

The new Que owner might not be able to have specific questions answered here, as it is not molded fiberglass, but we would still like to hear about his adventures, I am sure.

It is because I have a molded fiberglass motorhome that I first came here, but reading about the 'eggs', made me want one. I even visited the Casita factory here in TX, but decided on 'baby steps' and start with a used fiberglass trailer.

This is the place to find out how to feed, care, and repair molded figerglass rigs, inside and out, so that's why we are here, whether we have a truck camper or motor home or genuine 'egg'.
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #18
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
I think I'll get myself in trouble and jump in on this one.
Most of the conversations are about Fiberglass Travel Trailers. That kind of makes it a fiberglass travel trailer site. That doesn't mean that others are not welcome. I don't Donna in any way meant to imply that.

This conversation makes me think of some of my early days cross country skiing. One my favorite places to go was a place the local snowmobile club groomed trails for their use. They did all the work and I got to play on their trails. I never lost track of where I was, I was using their trails, their warming cabin, their wood stove and wood for fire in the cabin. I do thank them very much for allowing us to play on their playground. They were nice to me and I was nice to them and we all had lots of fun playing in the snow, but I always remembered it was their playground.

The lesson here is let's all try to be nice to each other, we do have RV camping in common as above we all had the desire to play in the snow.

(stepping down from soap box now.)
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 09:34 PM   #19
Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Well, all I can say is that when we sold our Casita, they said we could stay on this forum---good thing because I think the people here are great.

We loved our Casita, but we are now looking at buying a pop-up truck slide in camper that is a metal frame with a fiberglass cover (Outfitter)---we think it will fit our next travel plans.

I really hope to hear more about your trailer, and your travel experiences.

jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote