NEW SCAMP HORROR STORY - PART i - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #29
Name: Chris
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16 ft
New York
My 2010 16 ft Scamp (front sofa) has a very small tilt in the roof. You would not notice it if you walk by it but you have to stand in front of the trailer and really look at it for a while to see it. For a while I just thought that I could not get it level but then I noticed that there was a definite tilt to the roof and AC. When I went to a welder to have two leveling jacks installed on the front of the frame he pointed out to me that the whole shell is actually offset and tilted to the left on the frame.

I called scamp and was told that that’s the way the mold is for two reasons. One was so the AC unit drains condensation water to the left side of the trailer, and two, apparently the Dometic 3-way fridge needs to be mounted slightly unleveled to work.

Sounds like your issue with the plumbing was too bad and apparently something in production was missed. I had an issue after about 6 months from pick-up with the left electric brake shorting out. I called up scamp and they told me to visit an RV dealer and they will pay for the repair. I took it to Camping world and Scamp paid for it with out a problem so I am sure they will make you whole on your situation.

I would like to know how extreme the tilt is in the roof. Like I said mine is only noticeable if you stand in front of the trailer and stare at it for a minute or so. I would say tilted about 1 degree.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #30
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16

Some thoughts on Fiberglass manufacturers.

Most Fiberglass trailer manufacturers sell direct to the end user. They have good reasons to maintain excellent customer relationships and to ship products that work well. They have no local dealers to repair their failings.

A company that does not have customer care as a mantra will not be in business for long. Both Scamp and Casita have been around for a long time; I suspect they are doing something right beyond making products that last for many decades.

Do they sometimes ship imperfect products? Of course. When they have a problem their rule has to be fix the problem, with the customer to create a satisfied customer because satisfied customers create more sales. Similarly they have every reason to fix the problem at their manufacturing facility because eliminating problems creates profits necessary to keep the business going. They can not afford to do less with the customer or with manufacturing quality.

It's reasonable for customers to have complaints, nothing is perfect. It is reasonable also to wait for a company response to know their solution. We must work for solution and improvement in all that we do.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #31
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
So now we have Dave, linda and Chris who have the ac tilt. We have not been given proof of an inadequately supported roof by the OP. Keith Lovingly said it was a POS. What does Kent Eveland get in return for all this? These posts will live forever in google before he has even been given time to respond. Does not seem fair to me.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #32
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
I think that Scamp will be vindicated, that once the op finds out that the tilt is necessary (I wished my old trailer had it built in) for condensate purposes and once Scamp fixes his plumbing that all will be good again here in Fiberglass land. It is a combination of misinformation and lack of knowledge that creates paranoia. In the end everything will be fine.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #33
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Upon review between the forum moderators, we have decided to keep this thread visible but closed to additional posts. Hopefully, the OP, Dennis will keep the forum informed of Scamp's reaction and solution to his problems. These will then be posted either here or on a new post. Thank you.

Closed Thread