New T@DA, a bigger T@B - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
Heres an idea of how this model works.
http://www.lewisgray.com/Sanitation_produc.../howitworks.htm
I always get a warped sense of bemusement whenever I see people taking their sh*t for a walk, cup of coffee in the other hand, uttering chipper "Morning!" to everyone on the way ...
Herb P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #22

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The Thor name appears on the T@B/T@DA website, as this is one of Thor's many brands. It is distributed and supported by the Dutchmen branch, which is why the page of owners manuals is mostly irrelevant to the T@B and T@DA (it's the Dutchmen collection).

There should be lots of dealers; there are quite a few in B.C. at at least some in Alberta; my guess is that any Dutchmen dealer can carry them if they think there's a market.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #23

The kitchen fixtures are typical of Dometic's newer stuff, which is starting to show up in Class B motorhomes as well. Very slick (especially the ones with integral glass covers).
Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #24

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1996 Dakota 4x4 V6
Mary, I like your idea for a brand name, but I believe they would spell it "Voil@"

Mike, thanks for the mention about the curious hitch; I never stopped to look closely at it on the T@B.
I had no idea it was a control device - I just figured it was a Euro design.
The T@DA, by looking at the pictures, definitely doesn't have it.

And thanks Chester, for the cassette step-by-step. I agree with Herb, I would feel mighty
conspicuous carrying such a thing...I would probably pull it out AT the dump station, empty it and
replace it, so where's the advantage compared to the conventional setup? Do you empty a cassette into a
conventional flush toilet ever? That's the only advantage I would see.

I went to the BIG dealer in town today, who usually has 2-3 T@Bs on hand. Of course there were no
T@DAs, as we now know they're not in full production yet, and they didn't have brochures yet either.

Sept 20th will be three years aboard the Casita and I'm still admiring it every day!
P
Palmer M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Do you empty a cassette into a conventional flush toilet ever? That's the only advantage I would see.
Not likely very frequently; however, at a campsite with outhouses (pit toilets, whatever you call the non-flush variety) but no dump site, the portable and cassette toilets certainly have the advantage. Even at a fully equipped campsite, the long-term resident might choose to carry the cassette to the nearest toilet (flush or otherwise) every 5 gallons of "output", rather than breaking camp and hauling the trailer to the dump site every 10 gallons (in the case of my Boler) or whatever.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM   #26

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Quote:
Do you empty a cassette into a conventional flush toilet ever?
Actually, yes, you can. Just like your porta potti. It's the same thing, different configuration.

I have yet to run into an objection when dumping my porta potti holding down a flush OR pit toilet, and certainly, never a squeek when dumping in a dump station hole. Same for gray.

Yes, the advantage is you don't have to move the trailer to dump. I see some folks do that, looks like a pain.

But so does going to the public facilities, which is what I have had to do when my tank was full. I wouldn't move it just to dump.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
I have yet to run into an objection when dumping my porta potti holding down a flush OR pit toilet, and certainly, never a squeek when dumping in a dump station hole.
Well, you may hear a squeek or two when emptying into a pit toilet from the resident mouse...
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #28

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Wow...

All this fuss over cassette toilets...

I'm still happy with my 8-track toilet.

I'll admit I've never figured out what to do with tracks 3-8 though...

Mike
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 AM   #29

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Wow...

All this fuss over cassette toilets...

I'm still happy with my 8-track toilet.

Mike
Wow, Mike... how old-fashioned! Have you not seen the new solid-state iPotty? I hear they're all the rage. They're sized to hold 40 giga-gallons now, but only take up half the space of the originals!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #30

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Quote:
Wow, Mike... how old-fashioned! Have you not seen the new solid-state iPotty? I hear they're all the rage. They're sized to hold 40 giga-gallons now, but only take up half the space of the originals!

Roger
I just don't trust those new-fangled things. From what I hear just a little static electricity can cause them to dump their contents unexpectedly! No thanks!
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #31

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Roger: where did you see the new iPotty? I understand they are not out yet and that they are planning an introduction similar to the iPhone.

The idea is that long lines would form outside Camping World but that they would announce at the last minute that there would be a 6-hour delay
and that they would NOT provide Honey Buckets for the people in line. I believe it is a bottom-line strategy for greater profits.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote