New-to-me Trillium 1300 Repost! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
New-to-me Trillium 1300 Repost!

I got so excited I hit the wrong key!

We have a beautiful 2008 Casita that is wonderful to camp in. I love it, but I've always wanted a 13' that I could manhandle myself, personalize, and use for a writing getaway when I have a deadline and need the solitude.

After months and months of looking in vain for my project Casita in Texas and then a project Play Mor II when we moved here to Arkansas, I saw the ad for a Trillium 2 hrs. away. What was a Trillium doing around here? The seller said he'd hold it for 2.5 hrs, and Ken and I were on our way for a "look-see". 2.5 hrs. later we were driving it home. Here's the Referral, thanks to Camilla's and Kevin K's diligence:

Trillium

I wasn't going to confess to buying this because when we got it home and I went through it after the original "high" wore off, not only did I wish I was wearing a respirator, I realized I was in waaaay over my head. I spent 24 hrs. alternately elated and ashamed.

HOWEVER, after taking 90+ "Before" pictures and assessing what really needed to be done, I think maybe, just maybe, I can do it.

Since my list of questions is as long as my To Do list, I am hoping some kind, patient members will take mercy and advise me on things that I can't find answered in earlier threads. Although I don't like to sweat and REALLY don't like other people's/animals'/bugs' grime, I've already wrestled out the cushions, pulled out old, disintegrating carpet pad used in the cupboards, collected trash from every nook and cranny, and vacuumed twice. I'm about to go out with my 99,9% antibacterial 409 and start wiping down every square inch.

I'm somewhat disappointed with past mods and hope to put it back to its original state. That's the simple plan. If all goes well, then I may go crazy and make it a show piece, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself. As one member said, "Take it step by step."

I'll throw out a few questions in the Problem Solving forum after I do more research in Documents and Albums. I'll have plenty of pictures to accompany each question!

Thanks in advance,
Ruth
Ruth C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Buyers response has hit most of us at one time or another. Sometimes a home, sometimes a car, etc. It's yours now and you can make it unqiuely your own. You've started down the right path. YOUR dirt is cleaner than THEIR dirt . As long as it's clean and safe to go down the road (tail lights work, etc.), has no leaks, you can enjoy it until you feel up to doing everything else. Consider it a hard tent.... people in canvas in a rainstorm would be jealous!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Thumbs up

hi ruth----remember, it's a work-in-progress.....lots to do but as anxious as you will be to just "get 'er done", don't become overwhelmed with ALL that you want to do or else you will get frustrated, remorseful and tempted to just abandon it. it looks good now--sure, we don't see what you see, we miss alot of flaws in photos---but it really does look good!!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #4

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
"...I could manhandle myself, personalize, and use for a..."
Well, you got exactly what you wished for! Hey, it looks to be in one piece and the rest... the sky is the limit! Smile, be happy and do it!It all seems to be hard to do only till you've done it. After, it's just pure fun and satisfaction! Just do it!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / 2002 Honda Odyssey
i want to wish you the best of luck Ruth with the reno and I'll keep checking the forums in case I can help with any details specific to an older 1300.

Kevin
Kevin Poll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
It sounds like a challenge, but it sounds like you're up to it! Congratulations - remember to have fun with it while you fix it up!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Awwww, Buyers remorse? LOL, been through that!

But it's so cute............. You will be fine, soon enough you will have it fixed just the way you want it. Of course members here will help guide you threw your project, just ask them. Show pictures of what your dilemma is and I am sure you will find lot's of answers, suggestions. Congrats on your new project!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Ruth C... "Watch our what you wish for...You just might get IT"!!! So you'll deal with IT. How many times have you said "I'm going to hate myself in the morning"? But!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #9

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
While redoing my trailer, I had times I wondered, "what have I done". More than once I thought it was overwhelming when I looked at everything I had to do. I kept going back to breaking down the next project into easy pieces and concentrating on what I could get done in one or two days. It helped keep everything in perspective and when that small part was finished, I could see I was making progress. It's good you have lots of before photo's. That way you can see your progress.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #10

Trailer: Cloud 13 ft and Compact Jr
Hi Ruth, let's see a before picture of something you want to fix/repair.
DonDeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #11

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
I was feeling a bit/a lot overwhelmed with the idea of getting my new Boler to a point where it's useable. For me, I found I had to just make a plan and jump in. I'm not trying to do an authentic reno, just want to make it fun and functional. I had to start by making a list of things that have to be done before other things can be done. For example, I'm putting new hinges on my door, but I needed to fix the wall covering first because I want to keep my hinge bolts accessible. And I put my new flooring down so that now I can do the "screen door" door frame reinforcement on top of it....

After a few days of hesitation, this weekend I made a lot of progress--got most of my wall covering up and cut the frame for the screen door. On a roll!

Congrats on your new toy! Just have fun with it. I don't see a down side.
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
The greatest joy is working on something yourself and making it yours. We all go through the "What if I bought something else?" phase. Every time I have to pull the tail light lens to reseat a balkly bulb or track down a faulty wire, I think about what it would be like to have a brand new, totally working trailer. But where is the fun in that? This is your project so make it great!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium