New trailer owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2017, 09:31 PM   #1

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Traveleze
Washington
New trailer owner

Hi I just got this Traveleze trailer and I'm looking for some information on it. I don't know much I think it's a 66. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how much square footage they are and and how easy it will be to restore. I'm really excited. This is my first trailer. Thank youClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0128.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	310.4 KB
ID:	104466
tnyturtle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:06 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnyturtle8 View Post
Hi I just got this Traveleze trailer and I'm looking for some information on it. I don't know much I think it's a 66. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how much square footage they are and and how easy it will be to restore. I'm really excited. This is my first trailer. Thank youAttachment 104466
Nicole, I tried a google search without any looking like your trailer. Is your trailer a molded fiberglass travel trailer? That is what this forum is geared toward, so if not, perhaps you would have better luck with a vintage travel trailer forum.
Good Luck
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Looks like it's molded Royalex.....nice trailer...
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eze-43981.html
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 AM   #4

Washington
Dave
Yes it is a molded fiberglass one. I also had no luck with google that's what led me to this site. The only one I could find on google is the one that paulw put in his comment and it was on this site. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:15 AM   #5

Washington
Paulw
Yes that is the only other one that I can find anywhere. I have seen a pic of a white one with a red stripe on it in one of the comments on here somewhere but it's just the pic but no info. Could it be that rare of a trailer? Thanks you for you link.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #6

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Hi I just got this Traveleze trailer and I'm looking for some information on it. I don't know much I think it's a 66. Any info will be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how much square footage they are and and how easy it will be to restore. I'm really excited. This is my first trailer. Thank youAttachment 104466
:Nicole, being that it is a 1966 and I think the only year they were ever made but go by Royal Traveler Fiber Glass by Traveleze with a Fiber Glass Body they have the same layout or almost same as Trillium, Boler, Scamp, and all the others that copied Boler Trailers and it also says there is one out there somewhere that is 18' But best way is to measure from the hitch to the outside of the rear bumper for lenght, then for outside of trailer measure the body, for interior same way width, Height, length and then you need to do the Cubic Foot thing or whatever way peole measure size?
It was also mentioined Plastic Royalex 18' but I'm pretty sure the plastic is FG?
Nice looking trailer and size would be good for a re-make for all of us, funny Donna D did not mention anything as I think she was involved with these once before.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:13 AM   #7

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Have you read this link on FiberglassRV?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ily-34801.html
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
here is a little history on Traveleze the company but I haven't found anything about their fiberglass body units, maybe yours was a prototype? Could be the only one?

https://www.tincantourists.com/wiki/...p?id=traveleze
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #9

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Quote:

WOW! What a find!

If you're anywhere near Seattle (and even if you aren't) and are rolling by the end of September, we'd like to invite you to come to the SAG, Seattle Area Gathering at Dash Point State Park 25 miles south of Seattle Sept. 21 -24. Saturday will be the "big day" with a welcome meeting, open house, some dog events in the afternoon and a potluck "pickup" supper (nothing elaborate--finger foods is the basic idea but you can use forks if you want)... You can park for the day in the overflow parking area for $5 or so if you don't want to bring your beautiful trailer and camp.

Some sites still available...central restroom with hot showers...some sites have full utilities.

BEST
Kai
(Kathleen, Paul, Cinder, & Nimble, the pug girls from Renton Highlands)
Old 03-30-2017, 12:05 PM   #10

Washington
Thank you Kai
I am actually in Spokane and would love to come to SAG. Is there a website I can go to. I would love to come camp with the trailer. I'm hoping to have it done Late June it fairly ok on the inside just very dirty but it's all original except the curtains I'm not sure if I want to leave it as is and just clean it or I was thinking new floors and painting the cupboards and making in a little colorful. Thank you for letting me know about SAG. Hope to meet you there.
Nicole
Old 03-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #11

Washington
Thank you Gilles I will read it.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:06 PM   #12

Washington
Thank you Johnny I will read it any info helps because I can't find anything about this trailer.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #13

Registry
Nicole, tnytrtle8 -- go to "search" above this thread and type:
Seattle Area Gathering 2017 at the bottom.

It'll take you most of the way to the web page about the meet; fairly easy. It's the first post there with the pug puppy icon/avatar.

The WA State Parks # is there, and you can find them easily online. www.parks.wa.gov Hope to see you then!

Our "Peanut" a 1973 amerigo FG16.

BEST
Kai
Attached Thumbnails
Peanut 10 2015 to 6 2016 055.JPG  
Old 03-30-2017, 01:52 PM   #14

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
If it is indeed Royalex as mentioned in the 2010 thread, then it's plastic. Old Town Discovery canoes are Royalex, nice to rent when you're bouncing down a rocky river in a dry Sept. Pretty much unbreakable.

Royalex is a composite material, comprising an outer layer of vinyl and hard acrylonitrile butadiene styrene plastic (ABS) and an inner layer of ABS foam. The layers are bonded by heat treatment. It is used for manufacture of durable, mid-priced canoes.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
If it is indeed Royalex as mentioned in the 2010 thread, then it's plastic. Old Town Discovery canoes are Royalex, nice to rent when you're bouncing down a rocky river in a dry Sept. Pretty much unbreakable.
My buddy's Royalex canoe went downriver with out him. We found it wrapped around a rock with the gunnels broken. Without those, it flopped around like a deflated balloon so building a trailer of Royalex would require a lot of structure.
I went to the hospital for four stitches in my hand, and then we all went home.
My buddy with the broken canoe found a note from his wife that she had left him and gone to New Zealand to meet up with her lover.
Was a memorable trip.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Shows he should have bought a better canoe.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #17

Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
Shows he should have bought a better canoe.
You really think the canoe choice had something to do with the wife going to New Zealand? Maybe so, maybe so.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 04:41 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It was a solo whitewater boat.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:30 AM   #19

Registry
My question would be, can Royalex be repaired with epoxy fiberglass resin? We fixed our lawnmower deck with it, and a number of other non-fiberglass items while Paul was still in the learning/experimenting stages of conquering his Fear of Fiberglassing.

I guess the biggest portion of that question is, would the royalex melt...would the epoxy (that sticks to nearly everything) stick.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #20

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The Wikipedia entry for Royalex offers some interesting details on the product's properties and history.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royalex
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote