New TT Small, but not Fiberglass - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2009, 02:00 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Arrow

Review

CampLite

An all-aluminum Camp Lite with a dry weight of 1,500 pounds.

The folding camping trailer manufacturer Livin’ Lite manufactures the Quicksilver folding camping trailer. ”This is basically a Quicksilver in a hard shell — a full size camper that they can take out and beat the heck out of. We’ve built a really rugged trailer.” Camp Lite is available in a 15-foot floorplan with rear bunk beds, convertible dinette, marine toilet, composite cabinets and countertops and lightweight European windows along with a 13,500 Btu low-profile air conditioner and heat strip. The 7-foot-wide line, 98% of which is recyclable, is built with laminated aluminum sidewalls on a three-inch tubular aluminum superstructure with 6 foot 5 inches ceilings. MSRP: $10,999.

Seems like an interesting Trailer, just wanted to pass it on. No, I am not connected to the company, nor do I want anyone to buy one. Yes, it is not fiberglass, but it is small & light weight.

However, in the review it states, "a 12’ bunkhouse floorplan with a dinette that converts to a bed, allowing it to sleep four comfortably – that weighs a miniscule 1,500 lbs". Not sure if it is a 15' or a 12' or what?
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
I saw this one on another forum and two review boards. It looks like a really nice camper on the outside... no real floorplan docs on either review. Company website didn't show anything.
However, from what I've seen, the other customers (hybrid type of camper) of this company are really happy. I like the 98% recyclable aspect, if it is so. Panels are some kind of laminate. My question is, how do they do an aluminum frame and all aluminum floor, cabinets, etc., for the price.
Very nice looking lightweight from the outside.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #3

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
I think I like it. A square Airstream. Very interesting. Does it dent with hail?
But you will need and external antenna for sure, radio too.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote