New wannbe - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 6
Hi, I'm Carolyn and a wannbe FGRV owner. Just got bitten by the bug and am reading all I can to figure out how to find the right 1st one for me. Love the forum....learning lots. I live in Central Indiana. Is there anyone out there from this area (or close by)?
__________________

__________________
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: Eggless at the moment
Posts: 444
Welcome to the eggciting world of FG. This is the place to be for questions and great answers.

Bonnie
__________________

__________________
Plotting my next adventures...
Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LSChilders's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Posts: 105
Quote:
Hi, I'm Carolyn and a wannbe FGRV owner. Just got bitten by the bug and am reading all I can to figure out how to find the right 1st one for me. Love the forum....learning lots. I live in Central Indiana. Is there anyone out there from this area (or close by)?

The "right" one is the "First" one you find that you can afford. There are no "Bad" eggs. Just some that need more attention than others.




SIC-EM !
__________________
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bob H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Posts: 359
Quote:
Hi, I'm Carolyn and a wannbe FGRV owner. Just got bitten by the bug and am reading all I can to figure out how to find the right 1st one for me. Love the forum....learning lots. I live in Central Indiana. Is there anyone out there from this area (or close by)?
Hi Carolyn,
Welcome to the most friendly and informative forum on the internet! I'm sure you'll find a egg to call your own soon. Meanwhile, just be patient and study up by reading the many messages in this forum. You'll find a world of great info from a fantastic knowlege base. We're all a bit batty about our 'Glass Eggs here , simply because they're, pound for pound, the most affordable, functional, and CUTE travel trailers around.

You're also in luck, you're just a stones throw away from a upcoming rally that'll be held in Brown County in October. I've never participated in the rally, however I know well the area, since my Fathers kinfolk came from around Bartletsville.

There was a thread posted earlier here about the
Brown County Fall Rally. Hope you can make the trip, Brown County is truely beautiful in the fall.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum, and remember the only dumb question is the one never asked.

Sincerely,
ConwayBob
__________________
Check out my Scamp restoration video on Youtube, & my Ham Radio Blog. Or take the 50 cent tour...
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 6
Hey Conway Bob,
Funny you should mention that your father's kinfolk is from near me since my dad is near you. He lives in Surfside/Murrells Inlet, SC. In fact, I'll be visiting him next month.
I will check out the Brown County Rally info. I don't have a travel trailer at this time. Is it okay for to stop by the rally for the day just to meet people?
THanks for the welcome.
Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 6
Thanks for the welcome Bonnie. Seems everyone here is welcoming and friendly. I'll have questions as soon as I know enough to ask them!.
Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 6
Quote:
The "right" one is the "First" one you find that you can afford. There are no "Bad" eggs. Just some that need more attention than others.
SIC-EM !
Guess I'll know it when I see it, and with the advice I've been reading hopefully I will make a good choice!
__________________
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
CindyL's Avatar
 
Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Posts: 2,529
Registry
Carolyn,

Going to a rally is a good way to see different types of trailers.

Be sure to watch ebay. We bought our Burro and UHaul off ebay. You just need to use caution.

CindyL
__________________
1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud, "The Egg Carton"
CindyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Bob H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Posts: 359
Quote:
Hey Conway Bob,
Funny you should mention that your father's kinfolk is from near me since my dad is near you. He lives in Surfside/Murrells Inlet, SC. In fact, I'll be visiting him next month.
I will check out the Brown County Rally info. I don't have a travel trailer at this time. Is it okay for to stop by the rally for the day just to meet people?
THanks for the welcome.
Carolyn
It sure goes to show that it's a small world after all. When you're down here next month, you're welcome to come visit and check out my humble mess.

And I'm sure you'd be welcome to attend the rally regardless. Rallys are a great place to see all kinds of different makes & models, & a whole lot of great modifications and customizing. If you can, do plan to attend.
__________________
Check out my Scamp restoration video on Youtube, & my Ham Radio Blog. Or take the 50 cent tour...
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 6
Quote:
It sure goes to show that it's a small world after all. When you're down here next month, you're welcome to come visit and check out my humble mess.

And I'm sure you'd be welcome to attend the rally regardless. Rallys are a great place to see all kinds of different makes & models, & a whole lot of great modifications and customizing. If you can, do plan to attend.
I just checked your YouTube Restoration video. Now I have a question. Are you a ham? If so, I'm WD9IPD.
Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Bob H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Posts: 359
Quote:
I just checked your YouTube Restoration video. Now I have a question. Are you a ham? If so, I'm WD9IPD.
Carolyn
QSL! I'm KI4HEE!
__________________
Check out my Scamp restoration video on Youtube, & my Ham Radio Blog. Or take the 50 cent tour...
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Posts: 278
WL7AYE here. Husband is WL7H. Ham and eggs, anyone?
(I grew up in Indiana, but my husband has never been east of Denver and has never seen a lightening bug...)

Welcome to this great forum. Very useful place - and lots of smiles
__________________
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Bob H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Posts: 359
I'm starting to think we could have a "ham & egg net" on the bands just for kicks!
Hmmm...
__________________
Check out my Scamp restoration video on Youtube, & my Ham Radio Blog. Or take the 50 cent tour...
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Bob H's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Posts: 359
Quote:
...my husband has never been east of Denver and has never seen a lightening bug...
Somebody get a glass jar with a lid...we need to send a lightning bug care package to Alaska!
__________________

__________________
Check out my Scamp restoration video on Youtube, & my Ham Radio Blog. Or take the 50 cent tour...
Bob H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.