New wannbe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi, I'm Carolyn and a wannbe FGRV owner. Just got bitten by the bug and am reading all I can to figure out how to find the right 1st one for me. Love the forum....learning lots. I live in Central Indiana. Is there anyone out there from this area (or close by)?
Carolyn H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #2

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Welcome to the eggciting world of FG. This is the place to be for questions and great answers.

Bonnie
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Hi, I'm Carolyn and a wannbe FGRV owner. Just got bitten by the bug and am reading all I can to figure out how to find the right 1st one for me. Love the forum....learning lots. I live in Central Indiana. Is there anyone out there from this area (or close by)?

The "right" one is the "First" one you find that you can afford. There are no "Bad" eggs. Just some that need more attention than others.

SIC-EM !
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:54 PM   #4

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Quote:
Hi Carolyn,
Welcome to the most friendly and informative forum on the internet! I'm sure you'll find a egg to call your own soon. Meanwhile, just be patient and study up by reading the many messages in this forum. You'll find a world of great info from a fantastic knowlege base. We're all a bit batty about our 'Glass Eggs here , simply because they're, pound for pound, the most affordable, functional, and CUTE travel trailers around.

You're also in luck, you're just a stones throw away from a upcoming rally that'll be held in Brown County in October. I've never participated in the rally, however I know well the area, since my Fathers kinfolk came from around Bartletsville.

There was a thread posted earlier here about the
Brown County Fall Rally. Hope you can make the trip, Brown County is truely beautiful in the fall.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum, and remember the only dumb question is the one never asked.

Sincerely,
ConwayBob
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 PM   #5

Hey Conway Bob,
Funny you should mention that your father's kinfolk is from near me since my dad is near you. He lives in Surfside/Murrells Inlet, SC. In fact, I'll be visiting him next month.
I will check out the Brown County Rally info. I don't have a travel trailer at this time. Is it okay for to stop by the rally for the day just to meet people?
THanks for the welcome.
Carolyn
Old 08-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #6

Thanks for the welcome Bonnie. Seems everyone here is welcoming and friendly. I'll have questions as soon as I know enough to ask them!.
Carolyn
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #7

Quote:
The "right" one is the "First" one you find that you can afford. There are no "Bad" eggs. Just some that need more attention than others.
SIC-EM !
Guess I'll know it when I see it, and with the advice I've been reading hopefully I will make a good choice!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:09 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Carolyn,

Going to a rally is a good way to see different types of trailers.

Be sure to watch ebay. We bought our Burro and UHaul off ebay. You just need to use caution.

CindyL
Old 08-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Hey Conway Bob,
Funny you should mention that your father's kinfolk is from near me since my dad is near you. He lives in Surfside/Murrells Inlet, SC. In fact, I'll be visiting him next month.
I will check out the Brown County Rally info. I don't have a travel trailer at this time. Is it okay for to stop by the rally for the day just to meet people?
THanks for the welcome.
Carolyn
It sure goes to show that it's a small world after all. When you're down here next month, you're welcome to come visit and check out my humble mess.

And I'm sure you'd be welcome to attend the rally regardless. Rallys are a great place to see all kinds of different makes & models, & a whole lot of great modifications and customizing. If you can, do plan to attend.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #10

Quote:
It sure goes to show that it's a small world after all. When you're down here next month, you're welcome to come visit and check out my humble mess.

And I'm sure you'd be welcome to attend the rally regardless. Rallys are a great place to see all kinds of different makes & models, & a whole lot of great modifications and customizing. If you can, do plan to attend.
I just checked your YouTube Restoration video. Now I have a question. Are you a ham? If so, I'm WD9IPD.
Carolyn
Old 08-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #11

Quote:
I just checked your YouTube Restoration video. Now I have a question. Are you a ham? If so, I'm WD9IPD.
Carolyn
QSL! I'm KI4HEE!
Old 08-24-2007, 02:01 AM   #12

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
WL7AYE here. Husband is WL7H. Ham and eggs, anyone?
(I grew up in Indiana, but my husband has never been east of Denver and has never seen a lightening bug...)

Welcome to this great forum. Very useful place - and lots of smiles
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:33 AM   #13

I'm starting to think we could have a "ham & egg net" on the bands just for kicks!
Hmmm...
Old 08-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #14

Quote:
...my husband has never been east of Denver and has never seen a lightening bug...
Somebody get a glass jar with a lid...we need to send a lightning bug care package to Alaska!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #15

Quote:
WL7AYE here. Husband is WL7H. Ham and eggs, anyone?
(I grew up in Indiana, but my husband has never been east of Denver and has never seen a lightening bug...)

Welcome to this great forum. Very useful place - and lots of smiles
Hi Connie, I too grew up here but was stationed in Colorado Springs in the USAF early 70s. My son was born at the AF academy.
Love the 'ham and eggs'
Old 08-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #16

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Forget the AC and DC and LED's. Just think of all the juice we'd save if we could switch our lights to lightning bugs!

Hi Carolyn! Re all the different types of eggs: We're partial to our Trillium, partly because it's tall enough inside for my husband, and partly because it was the first one we found, aside from a Scamp that disappeared in a heartbeat. The 13 footer is a breeze to tow. One drawback is that the rear bed is a tad narrow, so my teen-aged daughter and I share that, sleeping head to toe, and my husband sleeps in the van - because he's gallant - and our Trill is the front bathroom model, so no gaucho bed. Some folks have made bed extensions...
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote