newbie camper with 13' scamp: hi, yall! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2006, 07:25 PM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to bill&sandra
just want to say how infomative this site has been for us new to 'egg' (Scamp) camping. bought up from tent camping. just too old for sleeping on rocks anymore. plus hubby works late some nights and i HAVE to go sit in the woods some times. This way i feel secure from booger bears and the like. Am going to pick up our new little egg in arkansas this memorial day weekend--bad time to be on road with new camper, but will take our time going from arkansas back to the plains of texas--there's a reason they called it the Grand Prairie--ha ha. love that flat land!
anyway want to thank the folks in forums about hitch locks, storm survival, towing, and happiness with their scamp/casita eggs. it has helped us make an informed decision and we know we'll be happy. We live just a few miles from the Cedar Hill State Park in texas so it won't be hard (no hills, just a local joke) for me to take the egg by myself, set it up and await hubby for the weekend. doesn't that sound delicious!!!
Thanks again. keep up the informative threads. you have no idea how much help you are to us newbies!!!! yep, im getting the wheel boot! yeah, baby!
will send pics as soon as we pick up from the couple in ark. they sold the 13 Scamp cause they bought th 16. cool. cant wait to meet them. anyone from texas????
bill&sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. Glad you are here. So what is planned? Have you at least seen it in pics?

Take a few road items along with you. Small set of tools, flares, working flashlight, matches, some camping gear....you should have a good idea of what you need. You don't need to pack everythin.; just leave the kitchen sink at home.
Mike jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Welcome! We're really glad to have you.

I know that you are going to really enjoy it!
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
What fun. You are going to have a ball. Glad you joined us fiberglass crazies. We should have a gathering in this part of the conuntry. Don't ya think?
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
Suz

Registry
Quote:
What fun. You are going to have a ball. Glad you joined us fiberglass crazies. We should have a gathering in this part of the conuntry. Don't ya think?

What a great idea!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Suz

Registry
Of course, there's PineKnot in October.

However, I like the kind that says "let's all meet somewhere" and no one has to do anything but bring there own stuff. We can do those on a moments notice, too.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #7

Registry
thanks, mike.
yes, the ebay site had great pics--even of the "boo-boos" that we can fix with no problem. insides look original--a must for a retro lover like me! Ah! matches! yes. I will add matches! We are pretty much taking our camping gear, minus the tent! ha! so glad that's gone! Someone mentioned a smoke detector, and we got the combo-smoke/co2.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #8

Registry
thanks Suz and Jana! We mostly will be campint at Cedar Hill State Park for some time until we feel confident going further. Have friends in the hill country I'd like to visit sometime. Do like the little pics of yur eggs by your name. will have to do that when ours comes home! This will be sooooo much fun!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #9

Trailer: 2004 Trillium Outback
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy the trailer.
Robert B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp